British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Eastbourne 2015

Local derbies between Eastbourne and Kent Kings should be crowd pullers?

So its cheaper to run in the national league without overseas riders.Its not rocket science is it.

Have to say that I'm really surprised that the Eagles are dropping to the NL. I had presumed they would go PL. Still that's absolutely nothing to do with me and I agree that their addition will be a great boost to the League.

My guess is that a Club of their standing will want to field a team that will push for honours and that should make things more competitive - which is good in my book.

I wonder if there may be some more established Clubs heading in the same direction as the winter progresses. I really can't see the existing League structure remaining with crowd levels as they are.

Good luck to them for next season and the great news is that at least the Club has survived and will be competing in the Sport next year.

• Like 2

Eastbourne should be another Mildenhall and pull in similar crowds.

if the eagles can pull in the same crowds as mildenhall for NL racing mike, they will be well pleased.

Kelsey dugard be first name on the team sheet I imagine!

I expect so!

I agree with others in that I was also expecting PL rather than NL, but they will be a great addition to the league and I'm just glad that speedway is likely to be continuing at Arlington.

Eastbourne should be another Mildenhall and pull in similar crowds.

What's the difference in Eastbourne crowd size for the speedway and small oval car racing? Also, any ideas in regard to Mildenhall?

Edited by Guest

The banger racing crowds at Eastbourne are 3 or 4 times that of speedway. For big meetings Arlington is literally packed out. Mildenhall bangers are at least double the crowd size of speedway.

• Like 1

I don't know why you didn't just drop to the PL. Your crowds wouldn't have been much different from the EL, had you put a decent side together. With less expence. That said, i wish the club the best of luck, and hope, your fans support it.

I don't know why you didn't just drop to the PL. Your crowds wouldn't have been much different from the EL, had you put a decent side together. With less expence. That said, i wish the club the best of luck, and hope, your fans support it.

Too many meetings in the PL for Bob Dugards liking, plus I think he believes the NL will be cheaper to run. Admission will be cheaper so I guess the club is banking on more people attending because of this.

Too many meetings in the PL for Bob Dugards liking, plus I think he believes the NL will be cheaper to run. Admission will be cheaper so I guess the club is banking on more people attending because of this.

Cheaper to run, but if the fans don't support it, you'l have Egg on ya faces. You need a side thats going to challenge for Honours, then, you might make it pay..