British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Eastbourne 2015

Like to think we will have a team that will be up there and as the admission will be cheaper and having nearly half the amount of meetings hopefully that will increase the attendance.

Plus bobs grandson will have a team to ride for, also as they own the stadium there break even I would think will be very low in the NL

From Len Silver on Kent website...

Clearly we will very much welcome our near neighbours who have a long history at producing locally born riders. They are now constructing a full size training track at their Arlington home and I have no doubt that their team will have a very local flavour to it.

Is this correct? The training track was muted a few years ago but went very quiet. Nothing on EB site!

From Len Silver on Kent website...

Is this correct? The training track was muted a few years ago but went very quiet. Nothing on EB site!

Maybe something will be said at the presentation evening this saturday, I am not able to go but i do know a few people that are going and have asked them to let me know if anything is mentioned about this, plus if they mention any plans for next year.

Another question I have is about the national league trophy as I have not followed NL until now I don't know how this works is this contested by the top four teams from the previous year? Or how is this decided?

Another question I have is about the national league trophy as I have not followed NL until now I don't know how this works is this contested by the top four teams from the previous year? Or how is this decided?

Its open to anyone who fancies it. So suits Leicester who get to try NL without fully going in for it and suits stand alones who want as many meetings as possible.

Its open to anyone who fancies it. So suits Leicester who get to try NL without fully going in for it and suits stand alones who want as many meetings as possible.

Members

11,013 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 05:15 PM

I don't know why you didn't just drop to the PL. Your crowds wouldn't have been much different from the EL, had you put a decent side together. With less expence. That said, i wish the club the best of luck, and hope, your fans support it.

Cheaper to run, but if the fans don't support it, you'l have Egg on ya faces. You need a side that's going to challenge for Honours, then, you might make it pay..

This is why Businesses are successful or not, you cut the cloth accordingly and do not wish for things to happen, but act in accordingly sound sense.

Probably that's why many teams have cash flow problems, spending above there income on not on sound financial sensibilities.

From The Argus by Brian Owen

Eastbourne chief Bob Dugard has revealed why he has no financial worries about taking the club into third-tier racing.

Eagles will track a young side in the National League in 2015 after their Elite League place was put on ice for a year.

It rlosses, even if the new team prove to be a turn-off for fans.

The long-serving promoter revealed: “Financially I’ve got no fears about next year.

“If we only get 100 people per meeting our losses would still be one-sixth what they are at the moment.

“At 200 people per meeting we would almost be breaking even but we would not be able to help riders with equipment and the like.

“At 400 people we would be able to help them in that way. But that’s all it would be.

“It would not be spending big money on riders.

“The whole basis of this league is to develop young riders and we won’t be any different.

“I don’t know what level we will be at in the first season but we will get to grips with the league in time.”

Eagles’ change of league means skipper Cameron Woodward will leave the club he joined early in the 2006 season as a young replacement for the injured Brent Werner.

He has been granted a testimonial at Arlington next year.

Members11,013 postsPosted 28 September 2014 - 05:15 PMI don't know why you didn't just drop to the PL. Your crowds wouldn't have been much different from the EL, had you put a decent side together. With less expence. That said, i wish the club the best of luck, and hope, your fans support it.Cheaper to run, but if the fans don't support it, you'l have Egg on ya faces. You need a side that's going to challenge for Honours, then, you might make it pay..This is why Businesses are successful or not, you cut the cloth accordingly and do not wish for things to happen, but act in accordingly sound sense.Probably that's why many teams have cash flow problems, spending above there income on not on sound financial sensibilities.

As previously said and see sussex bulldogs post there are too many meetings in the PL hence why the drop to NL

I have not followed NL much so am curious to know how they build teams. I have a feeling there is no 'points total' and no attempt to equalise the teams at the start of the season. This would account for Cradley being much too strong this year and Scunthorpe without a single point at the bottom.

If Eastbourne are to rebuild the fan base this year they will have to be at least competitive, not always winning but competitive.

I can't imagine any of us would have gone to see either of these teams this year. A succession of 5-1's with riders strung out over half a lap or more is not going to do the trick.

That just about sums up the NL, A succession of 5 - 1's with riders strung out over half a lap or so.(week 1). The main joy is week 5,6 7, as they get closer & closer as the season goes on & young riders get better & improved week on week.

That is probably not a problem to teams attached to senior tracks like Coventry, Kings Lynn, Scunthorpe & Cradley(Wolves), but how do the likes of Devon & Buxton survive when they have to cover Stadium Costs?

It will certainly be a interesting year but I have a feeling the only one.

I have not followed NL much so am curious to know how they build teams. I have a feeling there is no 'points total' and no attempt to equalise the teams at the start of the season. This would account for Cradley being much too strong this year and Scunthorpe without a single point at the bottom.

If Eastbourne are to rebuild the fan base this year they will have to be at least competitive, not always winning but competitive.

I can't imagine any of us would have gone to see either of these teams this year. A succession of 5-1's with riders strung out over half a lap or more is not going to do the trick.

You could argue the same point talking Edinburg v Plymouth - poole v Leicester.

There most certainly is a points total (40, I believe). Cradley used their financial muscle to build the best team they could while Scunthorpe made no attempt to build a competitive side and just chose to give some youngsters experience.

I suspect the points limit will be lower next season, but that will depend on the number of teams - I doubt very much that Plymouth will run again and I think that there will be a minimum limit too at least potentially ruling Scunthorpe out. Cradley may go PL.

Malcolm Vasey advocates setting a points limit year on year as close to the start of the season as possible. He's right.

Edited by Halifaxtiger