British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Eastbourne 2015

greyhoundp i presume you are not a eastbourne supporter

Correct i am not, so lets see who they could have signed, Ben Morley was never going to leave Kent, James Cockle pretty much the same as what Easty have already signed, Dan Greenwood Likewise, Jon Armstrong again the same as the previous two, Dan Halsey never going to leave Mildenhall, Adam Ellis i think he prefers a Track other than Eastbourne, Max Clegg & Nathan Greaves leave Cradley for Eastbourne ? I very much doubt it, Josh Bates & Sarjeant not doing NL this season. So of all the No1s they didnt appear to have much choice. Possibility maybe Mills could have been tempted.

Lets look at the lower order, James Shanes they missed out on him to Kent, Aaron Baseby happy at Kent, Jack Kingston happy at Mildenhall, Coles more than happy at Mildenhall, i could go on but Im not going to check team signings just to prove a point that Eastbourne didnt have much choice.

Granted Eastbourne dont appear to have a greatly attractive Team, but they should be able to finish mid table, and when Rye House finally name there Team, that will prove how difficult it has been this season to build a team, especially from scratch.

Correct i am not, so lets see who they could have signed, Ben Morley was never going to leave Kent, James Cockle pretty much the same as what Easty have already signed, Dan Greenwood Likewise, Jon Armstrong again the same as the previous two, Dan Halsey never going to leave Mildenhall, Adam Ellis i think he prefers a Track other than Eastbourne, Max Clegg & Nathan Greaves leave Cradley for Eastbourne ? I very much doubt it, Josh Bates & Sarjeant not doing NL this season. So of all the No1s they didnt appear to have much choice. Possibility maybe Mills could have been tempted.

Lets look at the lower order, James Shanes they missed out on him to Kent, Aaron Baseby happy at Kent, Jack Kingston happy at Mildenhall, Coles more than happy at Mildenhall, i could go on but Im not going to check team signings just to prove a point that Eastbourne didnt have much choice.

Granted Eastbourne dont appear to have a greatly attractive Team, but they should be able to finish mid table, and when Rye House finally name there Team, that will prove how difficult it has been this season to build a team, especially from scratch.

All pointless conjectur no fact man, just guessing :neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral:

Money talks and da Eastbourne can a least match most there

All pointless conjectur no fact man, just guessing :neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral:

Ya Money does talk, remind me why Eastbourne dropped down?, not one but TWO divisions.

Ya Money does talk, remind me why Eastbourne dropped down?, not one but TWO divisions.

An excellent response greyhoundp.

Because no other team would give Kelsey Dugard a ride?

Glen Martin is Eastbournes team manager this coming season

to be honest i'd rather hear the final 2 riders(if kelsey is the worst kept secret in speedway) and the date for cameron woodward's testimonial(before all of march is booked up). should i know who glen martin is?

Cameron is not having a testimonial this year. Glen Martin was Trevor geers side kick the last couple of seasons.

that's a blow, i was looking forward to that. thanks for the info on the new man as i have totally missed that. perhaps coventry will offer cam a testimonial instead, it would be 2 hrs less travelling for me, on a selfish level of course. :wink:

that's a blow, i was looking forward to that. thanks for the info on the new man as i have totally missed that. perhaps coventry will offer cam a testimonial instead, it would be 2 hrs less travelling for me, on a selfish level of course. :wink:

Cameron Woodward is not allowed to have a testimonial this year, whether at Eastbourne or Coventry.

Here is a story from the Argus newspaper which explains.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/11627864.Woodward_s_big_day_put_on_ice___but_he_s_thrilled_with_Bees_deal/

BTW, the new team manager is Glenn and not Glen.

Enjoy your speedway wherever you watch.

Cameron Woodward is not allowed to have a testimonial this year, whether at Eastbourne or Coventry.

Here is a story from the Argus newspaper which explains.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/11627864.Woodward_s_big_day_put_on_ice___but_he_s_thrilled_with_Bees_deal/

BTW, the new team manager is Glenn and not Glen.

Enjoy your speedway wherever you watch.

thanks for the info, i guess i'm not as disappointed as cam himself . glenn noted.

You're right, but I suspect dropping down two divisions will radically change Eastbourne's status in relation the terms they can offer when compared with other teams.

It would surprise me if they weren't one of the better payers now they are in the NL.

You're right, but I suspect dropping down two divisions will radically change Eastbourne's status in relation the terms they can offer when compared with other teams.

It would surprise me if they weren't one of the better payers now they are in the NL.

Well there's talk of staff cuts on Facebook today and news that Kevin Combes will no longer be the presenter.. That is a big loss!

Don't think cash is being splashed somehow!

Well there's talk of staff cuts on Facebook today and news that Kevin Combes will no longer be the presenter.. That is a big loss!

Don't think cash is being splashed somehow!

Maybe they think they don't need as many in the NL. That's just common sense.

Kevin Coombes, though, is one of the best in the game - he will be a big loss.

Losing Kevin as presenter is a big loss.

Don't know who's decision that was, obviously Kevin wouldn't have high profile riders to interview, but he brings a high standard of professionalism to his job and the sport, and appears keen on speedway matters in general. He is an exceptional presenter who can explain clearly the sport to newcomers and what is going on throughout the proceedings - a real bonus if you are trying to grow your attendances I would have thought. He is the key link between the action and the audience!

I hope this isn't a case of someone "knowing the price of everything and the value of nothing", which crops up so many times when compiling business plans and budgets.

• Like 3