British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Eastbourne 2015

That is good of you Sean all for charity too, :t:, But i think Mr C was wondering if you have a team place anywhere or even the Number 8 spot?

• Like 1

That is good of you Sean all for charity too, :t:, But i think Mr C was wondering if you have a team place anywhere or even the Number 8 spot?

No im not a rider... My name is Ricky :-)

Opps sorry for that i just thought you was someone else, Well done for doing the cycle ride. :t:

• Like 1

I see Martin & Connor are putting the stadium to good use. The track is too wet to race as Connor put on fb so they're running a pitbike meeting instead with over 30 riders. Hope it goes well could be a great way to bring in new people.

I see Martin & Connor are putting the stadium to good use. The track is too wet to race as Connor put on fb so they're running a pitbike meeting instead with over 30 riders. Hope it goes well could be a great way to bring in new people.

Makes sense. Maybe some of the pit-bikers will get the speedway watching habit too. Or, some might become a star of the future.

Nice to see Arlington becoming a pit of a motor-cycling centre.

The Championship of Sussex will plug the gap in the Eastbourne fixture list caused by the postponement of the American Dream Team tour.

Club director Connor Dugard moved swiftly to set up the individual meeting which will take place on Sunday, April 12 (3.30pm).

The Dream Team tour became a victim of the visa problems which are bedevilling British speedway at the moment.

The Americans would have been the second meeting of the club’s first season in the National League.

The Championship of Sussex is traditionally the premier individual meeting at Arlington and was staged with regularity for many years. In recent times it has been a sporadic feature on the fixture list, last held in 2013 when Bjarne Pedersen emerged victorious.

Dugard said: “We have arranged the Championship because we wanted to keep the momentum going and get people back in the habit of regularly coming to enjoy speedway racing at Arlington.

“The local derby on Good Friday against Kent Kings opens our season and I was keen to make sure we didn’t have a blank date the next weekend.

“It is also vital that our riders get as much track time before the league season begins.

“All our riders are competing and they certainly will want to establish ‘bragging rights’ at this early stage.”

Already confirmed: From the Eagles – David Mason, Richard Andrews, Kelsey Dugard, Georgie Wood, Danny Warwick, Marc Owen , Niall Strudwick plus Tyler Govier (Cradley), Adam Sheppard (Kent), and unattached Charley Powell, Matt Saul and Nick Laurence.

“This line-up will give some of the unattached guys the chance to catch the eye,” Dugard commented.

There are four more riders to be named, one of whom will Eastbourne’s seventh team member, yet to be officially named.

The Championship of Sussex will plug the gap in the Eastbourne fixture list caused by the postponement of the American Dream Team tour.

Club director Connor Dugard moved swiftly to set up the individual meeting which will take place on Sunday, April 12 (3.30pm).

The Dream Team tour became a victim of the visa problems which are bedevilling British speedway at the moment.

The Americans would have been the second meeting of the club’s first season in the National League.

The Championship of Sussex is traditionally the premier individual meeting at Arlington and was staged with regularity for many years. In recent times it has been a sporadic feature on the fixture list, last held in 2013 when Bjarne Pedersen emerged victorious.

Dugard said: “We have arranged the Championship because we wanted to keep the momentum going and get people back in the habit of regularly coming to enjoy speedway racing at Arlington.

“The local derby on Good Friday against Kent Kings opens our season and I was keen to make sure we didn’t have a blank date the next weekend.

“It is also vital that our riders get as much track time before the league season begins.

“All our riders are competing and they certainly will want to establish ‘bragging rights’ at this early stage.”

Already confirmed: From the Eagles – David Mason, Richard Andrews, Kelsey Dugard, Georgie Wood, Danny Warwick, Marc Owen , Niall Strudwick plus Tyler Govier (Cradley), Adam Sheppard (Kent), and unattached Charley Powell, Matt Saul and Nick Laurence.

“This line-up will give some of the unattached guys the chance to catch the eye,” Dugard commented.

There are four more riders to be named, one of whom will Eastbourne’s seventh team member, yet to be officially named.

Great news from Connor. Well done.

Dead right on keeping the continuity going. Really important. that was the big problem with the EL - you always had to check when the next meeting was.

Be good to see the Eagles pitching in against each other.

What is the situation with Bradley Wilson-Dean? I thought he rides for the Eagles this year. Why isn't he mentioned?

Edited by Bavarian

What is the situation with Bradley Wilson-Dean? I thought he rides for the Eagles this year. Why isn't he mentioned?

He has just said about 3 days ago he's over in 2 weeks and the main sponsor is to be announced mid March so what we are thinking is they will both be announced at the same time...... At press and practice If not just before?

Wonder if brendan johnson going to be asked to race in this championship of sussex ?

He is mentioned in the last line.

'There are four more riders to be named, one of whom will Eastbourne’s seventh team member, yet to be officially named'

If the rumours are right then he is the yet to be officially named rider.

be good if bjarne could get an invite to defend his title..

i wonder if an elite league rider has ever appeared in a national league (tier 3 ) meeting even as a special event ie match-race?

Edited by Mike.Butler

i wonder if an elite league rider has ever appeared in a national league (tier 3 ) meeting even as a special event ie match-race?

I have a feeling the rules don't allow cross-league events as you suggest.

Maybe Bjarne could come and present the trophy to the winner.

Yes, in 2012 both Roynon and Richie Worrall rode in both leagues and quite a few did last year with the fast track.