British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Eastbourne 2015

I don't reckon they'll invite Johnson

I think you are right. Johnson has said far too much for his own good about Eastbourne and others on social media. I can well understand him being worked up about it all but he went too far as far as Eastbourne was concerned.

He has quietened down now but you cannot unsay what has been said.

be good if bjarne could get an invite to defend his title..

i wonder if an elite league rider has ever appeared in a national league (tier 3 ) meeting even as a special event ie match-race?

Best example I can think of is Andy Smith

2002 Grand Prix regular

2003 EL rider - Oxford

2004 EL rider - Swindon

..but still managed to make a Conference League appearance for Oxford in 2003!

I don't reckon they'll invite Johnson

they might but his answer will probably not be that nice

Edited by Alex2000

I think he'd jump at the chance to probe them wrong but I can't see the management inviting him back

Good to see some of the boys practicing today. Richard Andrews, Kelsey Dugard and Georgie Wood all looking good

Good to see some of the boys practicing today. Richard Andrews, Kelsey Dugard and Georgie Wood all looking good

How did you find out it was open? Always find out its on to late to go for a look

How did you find out it was open? Always find out its on to late to go for a look

I asked Connor.

I think they will be practicing most weekends now the track has dried out. Keep an eye of facebook and twitter.

Best example I can think of is Andy Smith

2002 Grand Prix regular

2003 EL rider - Oxford

..but still managed to make a Conference League appearance for Oxford in 2003!

The rules and the Oxford CL side of that era were not close friends!!

Hi all long time since i had my input :). Went to Swindon yesterday to see the Ben Fund, Wow what a bloody cold afternoon, I watched Mr Tom Brennan Pass the " Wonder Kid Bickley" not only did he do it in the first race he also did it again in the Second Heat as well and lowered his time by 2 seconds, I hope that Bickley is not going down the road of Johnson with all the Bike and sponsors but it could be he is another journey man?

Well Done Tom, pleased to see you did the talking on the Track, I was a bit disappointed that to see the photos of Eastbourne having again more practice for all their own riders, but as they have said would Len Silver let Eastbourne practice at Sittingbourne before the first meeting I don’t think so. Richard Andrews looks great in the photos, I think now they have the advantage on all the other clubs with more practice, A big whopping for anyone who goes to Arlington i think at the start of the season, If i am right in thinking that little Tom rides at Eastbourne most weekends and i guess that’s why he has picked up and is going so well hats off to him as a quite lad with a big future, All he needs to do is learn to gate and he will be unstoppable wonder if Mr Mason will help him gate.

I found this on Eagles Tv last week, the guy who got run over was lucky it was rider on the bike who was also as lucky a foot to the right and he would have gone out the gate :party: , but its good to see that Arlington is now becoming a motor cycle centre rather than just falling away into dusty surrounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PW3lOtsXaE it made me go ooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwoooooo thats going to hurt in the morning.

but as they have said would Len Silver let Eastbourne practice at Sittingbourne before the first meeting I don’t think so.

Just to clarify.

The track/club at Central Park is Kent not Sittingbourne. Sittingbourne Speedway is a different circuit/club.

Also Planning Consent expressly forbids ANY practice at Central Park, so home riders let alone anyone else have no options in that regard.

Good luck to all at Arlington for what should be a terrific 2015 campaign.

Oh right well maybe then the kent riders can go to sittingbourne to ride. :t:

I asked Connor.

I think they will be practicing most weekends now the track has dried out. Keep an eye of facebook and twitter.

ok thanks will keep a check! 😀

Hi all long time since i had my input :). Went to Swindon yesterday to see the Ben Fund, Wow what a bloody cold afternoon, I watched Mr Tom Brennan Pass the " Wonder Kid Bickley" not only did he do it in the first race he also did it again in the Second Heat as well and lowered his time by 2 seconds, I hope that Bickley is not going down the road of Johnson with all the Bike and sponsors but it could be he is another journey man?

Well Done Tom, pleased to see you did the talking on the Track, I was a bit disappointed that to see the photos of Eastbourne having again more practice for all their own riders, but as they have said would Len Silver let Eastbourne practice at Sittingbourne before the first meeting I don’t think so. Richard Andrews looks great in the photos, I think now they have the advantage on all the other clubs with more practice, A big whopping for anyone who goes to Arlington i think at the start of the season, If i am right in thinking that little Tom rides at Eastbourne most weekends and i guess that’s why he has picked up and is going so well hats off to him as a quite lad with a big future, All he needs to do is learn to gate and he will be unstoppable wonder if Mr Mason will help him gate.

I found this on Eagles Tv last week, the guy who got run over was lucky it was rider on the bike who was also as lucky a foot to the right and he would have gone out the gate :party: , but its good to see that Arlington is now becoming a motor cycle centre rather than just falling away into dusty surrounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PW3lOtsXaE it made me go ooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwoooooo thats going to hurt in the morning.

Think you will find it was Connor running over Kelsey.

wow the dugards really are as hard as nails!

Or just plain stupid with a month to go to the season ? :D