British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Eastbourne 2015

Is it UKIP?

???

I was just taking a stab in the dark

I was just taking a stab in the dark

All will be revealed around lunchtime tomorrow. Pretty certain you are wrong with UKIP, although it would be novel.

Feel sure the management has talked about a company involved.

All will be revealed around lunchtime tomorrow. Pretty certain you are wrong with UKIP, although it would be novel.

Feel sure the management has talked about a company involved.

What so you say we know the company when they say it? Might have to sneak my phone out to check up at lunch tomorrow if I can. Hope they get lots of people

Today's the day and I am escaping the desk and heading to Eastbourne to see some speedway action.

At least it is not raining but no sun!

Well that was some press and practice say.

IT First are the sponsors - a company closely associated with Championship football team, Brighton and Hove Albion.

Lots of corporate people milling around.

Eastbourne's new team were super too. So easy to talk to. Smiles. They seem to be bonding really well.

Gives me huge hope for the 2015 season.

Beginning to dawn on me that the NL is the place to be in 2015.

It is going to be a blast at Arlington and elsewhere.

• Like 1

Well that was some press and practice say.

IT First are the sponsors - a company closely associated with Championship football team, Brighton and Hove Albion.

Lots of corporate people milling around.

Eastbourne's new team were super too. So easy to talk to. Smiles. They seem to be bonding really well.

Gives me huge hope for the 2015 season.

Beginning to dawn on me that the NL is the place to be in 2015.

It is going to be a blast at Arlington and elsewhere.

I have to agree,

I went for a couple of hours and enjoyed the sunshine and atmosphere. My only concerns were David Mason who seemed slower than the others and not so smooth and Richard Andrews who looked fast enough into the bend but fell twice trying to turn. Hopefully they will soon get to grips with the track which must be a bit strange.

The rest looked pretty good, all pretty quick and not a fall between them whilst I was there. Impressed with Bradley and Georgie looked like he will convert to shale without too many problems. Kelsey continues to improve and looked as quick as any. Of course he has grown up on the track and if he gets a good gate will be difficult for many to catch.

The real star for me was young Tom Brennan, I thought he was on a 500cc but apparently it is 250cc. I liked him in second halves last year but he is coming on leaps and bounds. Martin Dugard looks after his bikes and I like the way he is being included in the team set up giving him a complete set of Eagles Kevlars with his name and No 9 on the back. Hard to imagine he is only 13. In a couple of years time they will give him a lower number than 9 you can bet.

Impossible to say how they will fare this year until we have seen some of the opposition but I will be surprised if they don't hold their own.

I am so impressed with the new set up.

I was gutted when ut really did look like the end last season and although I was chuffed about keeping it going, NL did not capture my imagination.

Well it has now!! Connor and Martin are doing all the right things and we have a great mix in the team from the experience of David Mason backed up in the heat leader roles by Danny and Mark. Then we have the unknowns of the grass trackers and the exciting new boys.I am looking forwards to cheering on a Dugard again for sure.

The riders all look pretty quick and there are plenty of smiling faces in the pits. They are all so approachable as well.

I cannot wait and I hope the fans turn out a support this team

I have to agree,

I went for a couple of hours and enjoyed the sunshine and atmosphere. My only concerns were David Mason who seemed slower than the others and not so smooth and Richard Andrews who looked fast enough into the bend but fell twice trying to turn. Hopefully they will soon get to grips with the track which must be a bit strange.

The rest looked pretty good, all pretty quick and not a fall between them whilst I was there. Impressed with Bradley and Georgie looked like he will convert to shale without too many problems. Kelsey continues to improve and looked as quick as any. Of course he has grown up on the track and if he gets a good gate will be difficult for many to catch.

The real star for me was young Tom Brennan, I thought he was on a 500cc but apparently it is 250cc. I liked him in second halves last year but he is coming on leaps and bounds. Martin Dugard looks after his bikes and I like the way he is being included in the team set up giving him a complete set of Eagles Kevlars with his name and No 9 on the back. Hard to imagine he is only 13. In a couple of years time they will give him a lower number than 9 you can bet.

Impossible to say how they will fare this year until we have seen some of the opposition but I will be surprised if they don't hold their own.

hopefully Andrews is just getting used to the track think he said he had slight bike problems! Mason if he doesn't speed up could not be so good but the team will shift about hopefully!

hopefully Andrews is just getting used to the track think he said he had slight bike problems! Mason if he doesn't speed up could not be so good but the team will shift about hopefully!

To be honest you would have IMO been better off with Brendon Johnson in the Team rather than David Mason, Im guessing what you saw today was the David Mason that performs at away Tracks, yeah he will improve around Arlington, but his away form for an Heat Leader is aweful.

To be honest you would have IMO been better off with Brendon Johnson in the Team rather than David Mason, Im guessing what you saw today was the David Mason that performs at away Tracks, yeah he will improve around Arlington, but his away form for an Heat Leader is aweful.

Johnson would have been better. But I think the Dugards think that Mason will offer more to the team than racing why he couldn't just help the youngsters I don't know!

I was at Eastbourne today it was buzzing. Great set up too. I think if you was there greyhound you would see that a big headed journey man like Brendon would have lowered the tone. Who cares you have to let it go. I was a Kent fan but now moving to Easrbourne. The riders were pleased to talk to us. We watched the old bikes go round too with Nathan Ablitt and Tom Brennan also Sam Stead. I have been to many press days and this is the best one ever. 100's of people there too.

• Like 1

I was at Eastbourne today it was buzzing. Great set up too. I think if you was there greyhound you would see that a big headed journey man like Brendon would have lowered the tone. Who cares you have to let it go. I was a Kent fan but now moving to Easrbourne. The riders were pleased to talk to us. We watched the old bikes go round too with Nathan Ablitt and Tom Brennan also Sam Stead. I have been to many press days and this is the best one ever. 100's of people there too.

Could have been even more had it been tomorrow!