British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Eastbourne 2015

As we said Gordon a "TRICK TRACK"

More a technical track than a trick track.

Best riders in the world have come to Eastbourne and blown the Eagles away. I'm sure in the NL there will plenty who have the skills to weigh up what's needed.

Also, loving the fact Eastbourne fans seem to be embracing their tracks unique technical nature. Normally you tell someone on here their track is a trick track, or technical or have hoe advantage and they fly off the handle.

Edinburgh? :D

King's Lynn is a trick track for many riders because it is too far round and some get lost going round the 3rd/4th bend. :)

You just have to accept they are all different and riders need a huge range of skills to do well on all of them.

Top riders don't recognise the phrase trick tracks. They are all there to be ridden

• Like 3

The trick egg shaped track is often levelled at Arlington, but I think that the odd shape actually makes the racing safer and fairer than the previous shape.

The cut off bit on bend one allows more room entering the 1st bend from the start, but is not used once racing is under way, unless you are well off line. This has reduced incidents from the start and can only be good, (I hate re-starts).

The second bend was very narrow, so cutting off a bit of the inside gives a bit more room for cut backs. Also the old shape seemed to catch people out and they would often go too wide. Strangely this was the case before the stock car track was built as well. The track was bigger then at 342 yards but that bend still used to be the place where most falls happened. Of course it was the 4th bend for a lot of that time, so that may have been a factor too.

King's Lynn is a trick track for many riders because it is too far round and some get lost going round the 3rd/4th bend. :)

You just have to accept they are all different and riders need a huge range of skills to do well on all of them.

Top riders don't recognise the phrase trick tracks. They are all there to be ridden

Fair points but I've not used the phrase 'trick track' once on this thread :)

I hated going to the island for national league speedway as the track was way too big. I think I'm going to give eastbourne a whirl at nat league level.

From my eyes the 2 reserves and Wilson dean will carry mason and Warwick .

You can't help but be impressed with the way the younger dugards have gone about the new change, they are to be applauded for trying something new

I hated going to the island for national league speedway as the track was way too big. I think I'm going to give eastbourne a whirl at nat league level.

From my eyes the 2 reserves and Wilson dean will carry mason and Warwick .

You can't help but be impressed with the way the younger dugards have gone about the new change, they are to be applauded for trying something new

i loved going to the island for all levels of speedway. How I miss those ferry trips across the Solent, I don't miss the late nights though!

I think Eastbourne have a reasonable team, a lot will depend on how good Bradley Wilson Dean really is and how the reserves can do. I'm personally looking forward to this season. I think Connor and Martin have done a great job promoting the national league to the public. Lets hope the Eastbourne fans give it a chance.

i loved going to the island for all levels of speedway. How I miss those ferry trips across the Solent, I don't miss the late nights though!

Don't we all!

Edited by Islander15

With less than a week to go shall we have some predictions?

1. Mason 1. Morley

2. Andrews 2. Verge

3. Owen 3. Baseby

4. Wilson-Dean 4. Ayres

5. Warwick 5. Shanes

6. Wood 6. Cousins / Sheppard

7. Dugard 7. Sauly / sanderson

I think 60-30 Eagles

Going for a round 60-30 at Arlington to Eagles. Though not going to do an away until I've seen how we fair Friday!