Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Eastbourne 2015

No disrespect to Robert lambert but I don't think he ever needed backing looking at his bikes from a young age he's always had the best gear

No disrespect to Robert lambert but I don't think he ever needed backing looking at his bikes from a young age he's always had the best gear

i meant backing other than the bank of mum & dad which i know both youngsters have had in spades, in tom's case the dugards are really behind him , perhaps i should have put backing for the parents rather than the riders themselves? either way it's great to have the two of them to watch, and hopefully carry on with others aswell.

I notice two of my friends are attending Eastbournes first meeting next week. How do I know this? Well it popped up on my facebook wall, "XXXX is attending the events Eastbourne Eagles vs Kent Kings". THIS IS WHAT ALL CLUBS SHOULD BE DOING. Well Done Eastbourne for actually embracing social media. How many people will have seen this pop up on their facebook feed and will go along one day?

Edited by SCB

I notice two of my friends are attending Eastbournes first meeting next week. How do I know this? Well it popped up on my facebook wall, "XXXX is attending the events Eastbourne Eagles vs Kent Kings". THIS IS WHAT ALL CLUBS SHOULD BE DOING. Well Done Eastbourne for actually embracing social media. How many people will have seen this pop up on their facebook feed and will go along one day?

Everything they have been doing over the last few months have been brilliant.

they have gone from a club that treated social media and the internet as a necessary evil to embracing it and using it.

They are actually caring about the fans and wanting to involve them. Not just tell them that its their fault if the club goes down because they did turn up at race meetings.

This is like a completely new club now and being run brilliantly. I hope the riders back them up on track and the fans back them up track side!

• Like 6

they have gone from a club that treated social media and the internet as a necessary evil to embracing it and using it.

They are actually caring about the fans and wanting to involve them. Not just tell them that its their fault if the club goes down because they did turn up at race meetings.

This is like a completely new club now and being run brilliantly. I hope the riders back them up on track and the fans back them up track side!

From afar it certainly seems like they're making an effort. The weird thing is that most of what they're doing is thing the great unwashed have suggested on this forum for years. But hey, what do we know?! Eastbourne and Glasgow both seem to be taking a whole new approach to the sport this season, I hope both have great seasons as a result :)

I love the way that the Eastbourne Club have opened up the doors to everyone, I have started to follow some of the Eastbourne team on Twitter @martindugard23 and @connordugard just to see how things are going more to see if this is all a screen to cover up something that we have seen in the past.

I am amazed with whats been going on in twitter how many hours that the Dugards are putting into the sport just to make it work at Eastbourne, Workshop photos all the hard work that we have never seen before, it looks like late nights and early mornings for everyone in the Dugard house.

Martins wife must have wondered whats happened to her place bikes and 100s of people, There seems to more bikes in the workshop then the Ace Café motorcycle run from London to Brighton.

Hats of to them and I can see that they are going to make it work. I used to go to Kent and now I have turned away and gone to Eastbourne just because of the good feeling they have given off this winter.

Also I have just seen the Bet that’s going on between then with Martin Dugard / Connor Dugard and Mr IT First the club sponsor. They have got a lot of people watching what they are doing and the coverage in the local paper this morning was pretty good too. Speedway in this Area has not been so alive for the last 20 years, So i am going to bring my mate along just to show support of the first meeting.

Come on everyone lets back a speedway team this Holiday.

• Like 1

if i was posh i'd say HEAR, HEAR!

The problem with Eastbourne was that it never moved with the Times thats why i left i went to Lakeside followed John Cook then moved to Kent as Lakeside was boring to watch, Eastbourne stayed still for too many years and it was same team, same old faces, same music, and just the same old same old rubbish.

I am looking forward to Friday, I no it will take a bit of time to get the amostphere up but i am 100% sure it will be alive and kicking this weekend.

• Like 2

Well said Cat.

I'm sure you will be purring with delight when you see how exciting speedway is going to be at Eastbourne this year.

Everything points in the right direction.

You will be coming to the right place to enjoy speedway again.

• Like 1

The problem with Eastbourne was that it never moved with the Times thats why i left i went to Lakeside followed John Cook then moved to Kent as Lakeside was boring to watch, Eastbourne stayed still for too many years and it was same team, same old faces, same music, and just the same old same old rubbish.

I am looking forward to Friday, I no it will take a bit of time to get the amostphere up but i am 100% sure it will be alive and kicking this weekend.

I bet it will be the same music! Bob did have some great tunes blasting for his tractor racing

Eastbourne need to move meetings on quicker. New fans dont want to watch Bob going round on the tractor every 2 heats lap after lap delaying the next race.

Will this be the only season the Eagles have in the NL? If they do move back up to the EL in 2016 BD should retire keep TG away and go with young blood in the management team with these fresh ideas.

• Like 1

Eastbourne need to move meetings on quicker. New fans dont want to watch Bob going round on the tractor every 2 heats lap after lap delaying the next race.

Will this be the only season the Eagles have in the NL? If they do move back up to the EL in 2016 BD should retire keep TG away and go with young blood in the management team with these fresh ideas.

I don't personally think bob will be there/doing anything this season. The track probably won't be graded as much because the riders won't be so fussy! Also weather we will move up is if they want to follow Kelsey or Brad up through the ranks or just keep the club running on a healthy crowd at a lower quite possibly better level.

I don't personally think bob will be there/doing anything this season. The track probably won't be graded as much because the riders won't be so fussy! Also weather we will move up is if they want to follow Kelsey or Brad up through the ranks or just keep the club running on a healthy crowd at a lower quite possibly better level.

New man on the music.

As long as get Sussex by the Sea (good enough for the Albion) and Man in Motion (at the end of every meeting) - all will be well. Have to say, the music from when I was a lad is best forgotten.

We all have to move with the times...unless Terry Betts is coming back.

New man on the music.

As long as get Sussex by the Sea (good enough for the Albion) and Man in Motion (at the end of every meeting) - all will be well. Have to say, the music from when I was a lad is best forgotten.

We all have to move with the times...unless Terry Betts is coming back.

Maybe Connor has gone out today and purchased now90 to stick in the player!

Bob Dugard won't be doing the track as we were told last year. You may see bobs input but not the track effort as before. Also a full second half with kids have been talked about so it needs to run as fast as possible. But let's see if all is true come Friday.