Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Eastbourne 2015

Harley's confirmed for parade

Thought you said Hayley for a moment. Who the hell is she?

My bet is that we will still see Bob on the tractor and I hope we do!

I never have had a problem with the length of our meetings. I even like unsatisfactory starts! Fact is, we get 15 heats per meeting so the odd re-start just give better value for money. I even enjoy the 'gardening at the tapes' just build the excitement for me. I am damned if I want to go and see 15 min's of racing done in about 40 min's!

Plus bit of extra entertainment stevec when bob tries to drive his tractor through the fence lol

What's this Harley parade? Think bobs got a new job doing council hedge trimming. He's got the knack of getting to close that you shave it all off!

I hope that he is not on the tractor, well maybe he can just do a little bit of track prep, His knowledge he has for track prep is outstanding but i hate the long meetings, with this league they already have enough races stopped because of crashes and so on, add more time on the tractor i be upset, I want a slick fast meeting with the good old fashioned second half and bring the kids along for the future.

Also i see on twitter that Eastbourne are giving away 100 Easter Eggs for the first 100 kids, well done to them for thinking about the future of the younger crowd. Good news is that they will have all the Harley Davidsons bikes there, My kids will love that looking at the Harley bikes with chocolate on thier hands forward adds to all the excitment, I think that the club have done an outstanding job to get the speedway back on the map in sussex.

Edited by catinthehat

Harley parade like the gp where they take the riders round on the back of the Harley's! - beautiful bikes

Harley parade like the gp where they take the riders round on the back of the Harley's! - beautiful bikes

that sounds pretty cool! Is it a one off?

wouldnt be good to let the real little kids have a ride before the start of the meeting, the Thompson Twins do it at Coventry beofre the meeting also at Lakeside and Kent they go round before the meeting, Wonder now bob is not in charge if the kids get to have a ride on his lovely track before it all happens.

Cant wait to see the show / Meeting, Maybe they will go the all the way and put up a decent programme for this year rumours have it that young blood has pushed it hard but we will see.

Go Eastbourne

wouldnt be good to let the real little kids have a ride before the start of the meeting, the Thompson Twins do it at Coventry beofre the meeting also at Lakeside and Kent they go round before the meeting, Wonder now bob is not in charge if the kids get to have a ride on his lovely track before it all happens.

Cant wait to see the show / Meeting, Maybe they will go the all the way and put up a decent programme for this year rumours have it that young blood has pushed it hard but we will see.

Go Eastbourne

could we call them the thompson brothers i keep getting flashes of snowy and tin-tin or that pop duo with the funny hair from the 80's.

Connor Dugard facebook - 'checking out the opposition' @ kent Kings speedway with Bradley Wilson-Dean & Tom Brennan, I also see that Bradley was at Rte House Saturday, Lakeside Friday & Swindon Thursday! I know 2 of those teams aren't in this league but I think the management are showing they mean business as from Eastbourne that's about 550 miles round trip! I'm really excited for the first race on Friday! Unfortunately I saw Connor posted a photo on Twitter saying 'all of 50 fans at kent' admittedly there looks about 30 people in the photo but still bit of a low blow from Connor unless he was just trying to boast the fact that Eastbourne had 300-400 people at their press day?

Connor Dugard facebook - 'checking out the opposition' @ kent Kings speedway with Bradley Wilson-Dean & Tom Brennan, I also see that Bradley was at Rte House Saturday, Lakeside Friday & Swindon Thursday! I know 2 of those teams aren't in this league but I think the management are showing they mean business as from Eastbourne that's about 550 miles round trip! I'm really excited for the first race on Friday! Unfortunately I saw Connor posted a photo on Twitter saying 'all of 50 fans at kent' admittedly there looks about 30 people in the photo but still bit of a low blow from Connor unless he was just trying to boast the fact that Eastbourne had 300-400 people at their press day?

Yes, I noticed that comment from Connor and I really think he is hooked up in the excitement of the new Eastbourne. I am sure it was meant more as a positive thing to Eastbourne than a negative thing against Kent.

Looks to me if there may be some needle in this. Many of us still remember those huge battles we had with Canterbury. Bring that spirit back to speedway and the sport will be on the up.

What Connor said is small beer in comparison to what went on in the past.

It is time speedway was stirred up. Got far too bland and vanilla in recent years.

• Like 1

Well i looked at the comment from Connor and to be honset looking at the photos a good 50 people were there mainly riders and family, When Eastbourne had there press day they had approx 500 people 200 hundred of them were companies and the other 200 were fans and 100 were riders and family. This means that its working for Eastbourne also they have a good team, so going on what connor put up was a low attendance for a press day as your ment to launch the club and i have to say i wont be going to Kent anymore unless Eastbourne are there?

Eastbourne still have the Elite League feeling but place, its had a big Tidy up during the winter and starting to look young again, can this League take that at this level or will they all have to step up to Eastbournes Level.

Len Silver was telling everyone that pass the word on about Kent Speedway and we are the voice of the people, nice one Len " you got it wrong" same as Bob Dugard all those years ago, The voice of speedway is the internet media, such as face book, forums and twitter, Reaches more speedway fans and public then word and mouth now adays also a local news paper cant match the internet, You have to say the way that Eastbourne have pushed it this winter has certainly got the feeling of it again, Bring Back the crowds to Eastbourne.

Well done to all involved and i wish them all the Best.

Well i looked at the comment from Connor and to be honset looking at the photos a good 50 people were there mainly riders and family, When Eastbourne had there press day they had approx 500 people 200 hundred of them were companies and the other 200 were fans and 100 were riders and family. This means that its working for Eastbourne also they have a good team, so going on what connor put up was a low attendance for a press day as your ment to launch the club and i have to say i wont be going to Kent anymore unless Eastbourne are there?

Eastbourne still have the Elite League feeling but place, its had a big Tidy up during the winter and starting to look young again, can this League take that at this level or will they all have to step up to Eastbournes Level.

Len Silver was telling everyone that pass the word on about Kent Speedway and we are the voice of the people, nice one Len " you got it wrong" same as Bob Dugard all those years ago, The voice of speedway is the internet media, such as face book, forums and twitter, Reaches more speedway fans and public then word and mouth now adays also a local news paper cant match the internet, You have to say the way that Eastbourne have pushed it this winter has certainly got the feeling of it again, Bring Back the crowds to Eastbourne.

Well done to all involved and i wish them all the Best.

Well said catinthehat just hope the weather holds out for Friday now !!!!