British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Eastbourne 2015

No disputing who won battle of P&P but its paying spectators that keeps clubs afloat.

I tip my hat to Connor for the social media involvement and advertising he has generated although ultimately that is his job.

Kent had good crowds for the most part last year (barring the odd cold night and Scunthorpe's visit) an I expect the numbers to be similar this year.

Eastbourne had a good turn out for P&P but how many will pay to watch week in week out?

I hope the numbers are good and that Eastbourne survives however its results & figures that matter not hype & hope.

• Like 1

Just seen it on Twitter about Eastbourne off to sign another rider at practice tonight? mid week practice they must really be pushing out the team to make it work? Strange but wonder who it is?

Just seen it on Twitter about Eastbourne off to sign another rider at practice tonight? mid week practice they must really be pushing out the team to make it work? Strange but wonder who it is?

I would say either a mascot OR a second half junior rider maybe??

Eagles ready to soar

National League newboys, the Eastbourne IT First Eagles, aim to chase glory on all fronts this season.

The first test comes on Good Friday at their home stadium of Arlington (7.30pm) and club chairman, Martin Dugard, reckons his team is ready.

Friday’s match is against local rivals, the Kent Kings in the National Trophy.

Dugard said: “Kent at home is a perfect start for us. A local derby on Good Friday has long been the tradition at Eastbourne and it is fantastic to renew rivalries with a team from Kent, remembering the huge battles we had with Canterbury in the old second division.

“We expect Kent will give us a tough battle but we will start the season on a winning note and set a marker for the other clubs in the league.”

Dugard, son Connor and other members of the backroom team have been hard at work to ensure the club put on a great show for the first meeting.

Harley Davidson motor-cycles from the 1066 Chapter will form the centrepiece of the pre-match parade.

Dugard promised the club’s intention was to “get on with the racing” to build up excitement on the terraces.

“Our admission prices are more than competitive with others in the National League but we aim to give great value to supporters by staging a series of races for younger riders in the second half,” he said.

Young fans are uppermost in the club’s mind.

The first 100 children through the turnstiles on Friday will receive a free Easter egg.

Admission prices see children 0-12 admitted free of charge and those aged 13 to 17 for just a fiver.

The adult price is £12.

The programme has received a total overhaul during the winter with a new design and new features.

Turnstiles will open at 6pm on Friday and fans are asked to note that the car park will not be open until 5.30pm.

On Easter Monday, the IT First Eagles race at Kent.

*Eastbourne will compete this year in the National League, the National Trophy, the KO Cup and aim to secure a place in the end-of-season Gold Cup, reserved for the top four league clubs.

Team: Eastbourne: David Mason, Richard Andrews, Marc Owen, Bradley Wilson-Dean, Danny Warwick, Georgie Wood, Kelsey Dugard.

Would be interesting if Mr Silver and Connor had to work together lol.

Think they might be poles apart on speedway "promotion" in the 21st century

• Like 1

Connor needs to practice his counting too if he reckons there was only 50 at Central Park on Monday!

I know he over estimated a bit! Edited by Alex2000

Most the people were sat in the various executive suites. I know I did not stray to far from the complementary buffet and tea.... lol.

What also needs considering is the weather forecast which if completely accurate would of meant no action at all.

So both teams lost their no 1. ??

What? did you post that on the wrong page? or am i missing something?

• Like 1

Kent website suggests we had 150 fans in attendance plus media and sponsors

Would be interesting if Mr Silver and Connor had to work together lol.

Think they might be poles apart on speedway "promotion" in the 21st century

When will da bitching at Len stop jeez :mad::mad:

• Like 1

When will da bitching at Len stop jeez :mad::mad:

When he catches up with the times maybe!!!!

When he catches up with the times maybe!!!!

??

What do you know about it boi, please share