British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Eastbourne 2015

??

What do you know about it boi, please share

Like has been said Bob is very likely to be made look silly this Friday when a big crowd hopefully turns out. People want Len silver to do the same as Connor has by Using social media and the radio ect to get the crowds back not just out an ad in the paper. Btw if you think I'm wrong it's what others have said

It's the different promotion styles

Nice to see after all this time my stalkers still here.

No bitching on my part just suggested that the two people have different ways of promoting that's all.

Think your paranoid "Hector"

Edited by Nikko
  • Like 2

Eastbourne had practice tonight making sure they are in shape for Friday. Well done to Eastbourne for getting as much track time as possible.

Edited by catinthehat

Just seen it on Twitter about Eastbourne off to sign another rider at practice tonight? mid week practice they must really be pushing out the team to make it work? Strange but wonder who it is?

Christ sake give it a rest !!

Hearing the new promotion at Eastbourne are going to relay the track and seed it with finest grass seed. Lawnmower on order for Bob (ride-on, of course).

Seriously, just seen the Eagles have signed another grasstrack rider.

Martin and Connor Dugard are certainly not letting the grass grow under their feet :)

When he catches up with the times maybe!!!!

Perhaps Len is a bit of a dinosaur but he has probably done more for speedway in this country than any other individual over an extremely prolonged period of time. If Connor is still involved in 10 years time I may consider his input meaningful until then it just remains a phase.....

• Like 1

Can someone explain why we have signed Charlie Powell?

Take a look at the website.

http://eastbourneeagles.co/news.php?extend.718

Best to snap up a rising talent before those people over the border take a fancy to him.

Oh yes great idea but how does it work with racing? If he's reserve is that incase someone disappoints? Edited by Alex2000

Doesn't make the world of sense to me. If its just adding to the asset base just in case he becomes good then fair enough but if he is in as injury cover I would be pretty fed up if I was the Eastbourne number 8.

As for stopping other clubs signing him that also makes little sense. Can Eastbourne stop him riding for other teams if they wanted to use him? and would any rider be happy with that deal?

There seems to be several riders who think the league will be easy this year, get a bike, do a few laps and get a team place........I think they will be in for a nasty shock!

No disrespect to anyone, everyone is entitled to an opinion but how does it make little sense?

A club sign a rider to add to the asset base as we all know Eastbourne have had a very small asset base in recent years compared to the likes of Poole, Peterborough, Lakeside.

Of course he can ride for other teams there are not any loan fees either and if there was they would be minimal. Its all to add their asset base at the end of the day and by lookign at it Eastbourne have gone from borrowing riders left right and centre to owning:

K.Dugard

G.Wood

C.Powell

B.Wilson-Dean

In a space of 6 months?

Good signing I've seen Charley on the grass and long track as well as hearing he is doing the Sand Ace. He has a big set of balls on him and good equipment. And receives a lot of help from Mitch Godden

As I said if its adding to asset base and having the potential of first call on his services next season then it makes perfect sense.

If its adding assets for the sake of it then not so much.

There is a lot of stringing along in the sport at this level (shown only to well at kent for the 6,7&8 positions) and plenty of who you know not what you know.

Dan Greenwood comes in as a guest to Replace David Mason on Friday who has flu .

Edited by M.D

All happening down at Arlington. Just spotted there is a £2 discount for season ticket holders from Brighton and Hove Albion and Crawley Town FC + from the gee gees meeting at Lingfield Park on Friday.

You have to admit, the new Eastbourne promotion are really going for it.

• Like 2

Dan Greenwood comes in as a guest to Replace David Mason on Friday who has flu .

More like he saw the weather forecast! Haha no hope he is better for Monday