British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Eastbourne 2015

richard has really impressed me but i dont think he will win should be a good meeting but the english /kiwi is looking good so is marc

Bradley or Marc for me

They may have to change what they sell. Do they sell ice cream? That's more the thing for a Sunday afternoon

ice cream is a good idea, if you wait for the four riders to go past you can save having the 100's and 1000's.

• Like 1

Looking forward to when our averages come out, see what bradley can do in the PL. When is NL greensheets is it 4 home 4 away, do LC/KOC count ?

Interesting meeting yesterday!

BWD was on it, there is no doubt but I was also really impressed by Georgie Wood.

Good to see David Mason put in some wins.

I don't think I have seen so many incidents involving the air fence panel at turn two!

In my 45 years of watching speedway at Arlington, that was the closest I have come to being hit by a bike! The air fence panel that Kelsey took out shunted the metal fencing I was leaning on back by about 4 foot. Luckily, as soon as I saw Kelsey lift, I thought "he is coming through" So glad he seems okay Will I be standing there next week? Yep!

Shame about the small crowd but I guess I can understand people giving it a miss. I just hope they turn up for our first Nation League meeting next week. I see Kings Lynn young stars smashed Mildenhall 38- 52 yesterday, the boys will need all the support they can get I think!

Edited by stevec
  • Like 1

OK, let's be honest here.

In terms of 'moving along' and the flow of the meeting that was as bad as last weeks was good.

Interminable track grades again - it was just like the bad old Elite League days.

If the track needs grading and watering so frequently due to a dry afternoon, then the Sunday pm fixtures may be a mistake.

I left after the winner was decided in heat 17 - driving out the car park at 6.30pm a full 3 hours after the start time!

There was some good riding on display but that pace of meeting won't attract anyone to attend or return.

Let's hope for better things next Sunday when the League starts.

OK, let's be honest here.

In terms of 'moving along' and the flow of the meeting that was as bad as last weeks was good.

Interminable track grades again - it was just like the bad old Elite League days.

If the track needs grading and watering so frequently due to a dry afternoon, then the Sunday pm fixtures may be a mistake.

I left after the winner was decided in heat 17 - driving out the car park at 6.30pm a full 3 hours after the start time!

There was some good riding on display but that pace of meeting won't attract anyone to attend or return.

Let's hope for better things next Sunday when the League starts.

Yeh, I can see some of your points.

Its difficult to move a meeting with 26 heats or so on quickly when you have so many incidents. Kelsey crash alone must have stopped the meeting for 25 minutes or so.

Unfortunately I think the grading was required as the track was very bumpy at turn 3. As for watering, it must be hard to get it right. If they don't water, they will get complaints about dust.

I would love it to go back to Saturdays as I fell you get a two day weekend plus speedway but with Sundays, you cant do much else that day but they are just doing what they think they need to do to get punters through the door. Just remember yesterday was a meeting thrown together to replace what should have been Eagles against the USA dream team

I too was most impressed with Georgie Wood his rides from the back to go by Richard Andrews a few heats after doing the same to Marc Owen were quite something but what happened with his fall? A two man race against a very weak opponent and easily in front ! Could only have been a loss of concentration but it cost him a 13 point tally and runners up spot.

Strange decision by the referee as well, Adam Sheppard had gone by and Georgie was remounting to get the 2 points when the ref put the red lights on and excluded Wood, costing him joint 2nd scorer on 12 points.

Another surprising thing was Georgie's times, the four fastest were shared two each between Georgie and Bradley with Georgie clocking the fastest by 0.3. This is only his 3rd meeting on shale so what will he do in 2 or 3 months time?

We have the makings of an excellent team but I still have a question mark over Mason & Warwick. They had the points yesterday but all from good gates and mostly poor opposition, can they come from behind or can they gate well regularly?

My biggest worry his Kelsey, I have long admired his ability and he is certainly showing his talent but can he keep his enthusiasm under control. He has had 8 rides with 4 Wins 1 Second and 3 falls. Two of the falls were when leading and had to withdraw from both meetings.

An injury at this stage could set him back.

It was also interesting to see Anders Rowe beat Tom Brennan the 4th time they met in the 250cc, the first time I have seen Tom beaten. Anders could be another good prospect but I don't know how old he is.

Tom broke a rocker arm in his 3rd race, his 4th ride would've been done on about 50% power of that.

My biggest worry his Kelsey, I have long admired his ability and he is certainly showing his talent but can he keep his enthusiasm under control. He has had 8 rides with 4 Wins 1 Second and 3 falls. Two of the falls were when leading and had to withdraw from both meetings.

An injury at this stage could set him back.

15yo go out and crash a lot. After a while they realise it hurts, so they soon learnt to slow down a little, it hurts less :D

If you're not crashing you're not finding your limits and if you're not finding you're limits you're not going to improve. I know it's annoying in the short term but a few crashes from an excitable and keen 15 year old is no bad thing IMO.

Looking forward to when our averages come out, see what bradley can do in the PL. When is NL greensheets is it 4 home 4 away, do LC/KOC count ?

7 days after 4 league meetings.

I thought Warwick did pretty well Tbh. No concerns he's been around and will come good. Mason also turned up and did well. Once Brad is at 1 the team is a strong as any in the league .

Kelsey is a young man with a lot on his shoulders with the hype of the name and his dad's reputation to live up to. Remember people that was his third meeting. Never understand it when fans hit the panic button so early. Seem only to keen to point the finger. Yesterday was pretty much a glorified practice anyways.

as for the moaning about the tractor I'm sure the same people would be moaning if they couldn't see the track for dust. And remember it was put to the fans whether Saturday night or Sunday afternoon and it was pretty unanimous for Sundays. So they are going to have to put up with a bit of track watering and grading. Thought it was a fair crowd for a nothing meeting Tbh.

Still say it looks pretty good for the Eagles this year.

• Like 1

I didnt understand why Tom was going around in 63 seconds then bingo on 3rd outing he lost power and still pull away from the other Kid Rowe, I had a look in the pits to find Toms dad Dick and Martin shaking there heads at the inside of the engine, looking at what the rocker arm does i say he did well even in his last ride to be as close to Rowe. If Tom was on 50% power then the Rowe kid also must have a engine problem or that the throttle goes all the way back as was out for a sunday pint and still keeping up with him? Rowe one for the future i wont think so as he has been around a long time and seems to only turn up at certain tracks. Rowe has been a Mascot for Rye House, Swindon, Plymouth, Newport, Weymouth, and many more, He has done more laps then any other kid i no.

I want them to let tom brennan loose on a 500, 13 or not i dont care let him have a crack