British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Eastbourne 2015

Eagles at full strength, we read.

Have King's Lynn announced their team? Same as Wednesday night?

Prediction for sunday

George Wood to get a MAX, Looks to be the most improved rider at Eastbourne so far, Brad cant improve as he has not lost a race at Eastbourne yet unless it was bike problem, Danny will get 8 points and will look good same with Owen but looking at 9 from him, Mason will get 7 Andrews 8, wood 9 Dugard 6 BWD 13 an Easy win Ready to go to Cradley on the Wednesday #winner

Looks like Cat has caught the #Bradleymania

If young WD scores big at Cradley, the Eagles will be on a roll. A 2nd away in consecutive meetings from an Eastbourne team would be a real shock.

Anyway, they have to beat the Young Stars first.

You've already hit sixty against Lynn without turning up reading some of the comments on here! One or two people could do with calming down a little after a couple of wins.

• Like 1

Eastbourne IT First Eagles have named a full-strength team for their opening National League match on Sunday.

Sixteen-year-old reserve Kelsey Dugard has been declared fit after an alarming crash in last week’s Championship of Sussex.

Dugard lifted unexpectedly and man and machine ploughed through the safety fence.

His father, club chairman, Martin Dugard, said: “Kelsey was badly shaken but he is fine to ride against the Young Stars.”

Captain David Mason, who missed the club’s first two meetings at this level – the home away clashes at Easter with Kent in the National Trophy – is ready to take his place at No 1 in the team.

Mason is recovered from flu which had confined him to bed and came third in the Sussex championship.

Dugard commented: “King’s Lynn put down a marker for this league when they won last weekend at Mildenhall.

“I expect us to win and get our league campaign off to the best possible start.

“There’s a real buzz about this team and they must keep it going by winning in style on Sunday and entertaining the fans.”

Eastbourne remind fans of the “family friendly” admission prices with children (0-12) admitted free and those 13-17 admitted for a fiver. Adult admission is £12.

The club’s jackpot draw first prize is now boosted by a £50 voucher to spend at Zizzi’s restaurant in Eastbourne. Tickets are on sale as you enter the stadium.

On Wednesday, April 22, the IT First Eagles go to defending champions Cradley who ride at Birmingham’s track.

Edited by sussex bulldog

maybe a bit too excited i think the Eagles will get 53 points

Just looked at the teams and noticed that the Eagles have changed there team around,

1. David Mason ©
  2. Richard Andrews
  3. Danny Warwick
  4. Marc Owen
  5. Bradley Wilson-Dean
  6. Georgie Wood
  7. Kelsey Dugard
  8. Niall Strudwick

Must make sure they dont fall with the 8-1 against them as before but have to say heat for heat they look stonger then before.

That definately makes us stronger, can anyone ride anywhere apart from bottom two and top averge then. Thats line upmi would have, gives mason backup in ht 13, plus bradley gonna be no.1 so get him used to big heatleader number, and marc at 4 gives us him in what could be crucial heat 14s.

• Like 2

It was inevitable they would split Marc and Bradley up, that pairing was very strong but I thought they would switch Marc and Danny around so that Bradley could look after Danny who has yet to really prove himself.

No doubt Bradley and Georgie will also prove a good combination, Bradley has usually been away in front after bend two whilst Georgie is not yet hot out of the gate but catches and passes well. The whole team is looking very solid and it was interesting to see how many times Ben Morley's fastest NL time of 61.6 the previous week was beaten. Georgie a reserve now holds it with 61.1 which shows how finely balanced the side is.

I don't want to be over optomistic as we need to see them against a few more teams, However I do feel that Cradley might be in for a bit of a surprise on Wednesday. A pleasant one no doubt, A close match.

• Like 1

Looking forward to Cradley, First time for the boys Wood, Wilson-Dean, Dugard, (Andrews & Warrick maybe) have never been to perry bar, so maybe an impact on that but means when they go back to Birmingham they will feel the pressure more then Cradley. But its the same for teams that come to Eastbourne, Let hope that fingers crossed its going to be a great match and let the Kings Lynn match progress first, Little step for Eastbourne. #winners

Cradley are aware that Eastbourne have a good team they will be ready and waiting for them, every little trick will be used, I bet Eastbourne will have enough tyres on :nono:

Bet there won't be many spare tyres flying around when Kent come visiting to Arlington again :wink:

Question for someone who knows the rules in NL do the reserves stay as reserves as they do in the el league or can they move up?

You've already hit sixty against Lynn without turning up reading some of the comments on here! One or two people could do with calming down a little after a couple of wins.

I agree that some are getting a bit ahead of themselves, but after such a dire few years recently it is hard to hold back on some excitement.

I had not been for about 4 or 5 year of the recent EL rubbish, but I went to the opener against Kent and I loved it. I feel almost born again with speedway. Sunday will be a rerun of the first meeting I went to. Eastbourne Eagles v Kings Lynn Starletts (BL Div 2), Easter Sunday 1969. I feel almost as exited about going as I did then as a youngster. I still have the programme, filled out by my Dad, we won 39-37. I remember it was close, unlike the 75-0 I had to witness once. :lol:

Anyway I will go with a 6 to 8 point win for the Eagles, but more importantly a good crowd for the promotion, and some exciting racing for us fans. Can't wait!!

Question for someone who knows the rules in NL do the reserves stay as reserves as they do in the el league or can they move up?

The two lowest average riders are at 6 & 7 as in the PL.