British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Eastbourne 2015

Other way round. BWD has the Dugard clan around him to keep him grounded and occupied in his down time. Not sure who Perks has over here but he is not at Chez Verge this season.

It affects all of the teams in the NL if they use a false average as it is at the moment which is 6.67 rather then his 3 points at the start of the season would me if someone like BWD who had an assessed 5 point average could have done a hand full of meetings for Perks? which would be unfair on anybody that rode against them, but if its true and Perks was going home then would anybody want him back on a 6.67 Perks would be better if he looked at his future and went home with a 3 point would make him more valuable in future years? but what ever he does will be wrong he be better getting some help.

oh i see, i did notice that he was with the Verge family last year at Kent and i did see him mechanic for him on some away meetings. Shame if he goes home he wont get another ride here with 6.67 average?

Not looking good for him

It affects all of the teams in the NL if they use a false average as it is at the moment which is 6.67 rather then his 3 points at the start of the season would me if someone like BWD who had an assessed 5 point average could have done a hand full of meetings for Perks? which would be unfair on anybody that rode against them, but if its true and Perks was going home then would anybody want him back on a 6.67 Perks would be better if he looked at his future and went home with a 3 point would make him more valuable in future years? but what ever he does will be wrong he be better getting some help.

oh i see, i did notice that he was with the Verge family last year at Kent and i did see him mechanic for him on some away meetings. Shame if he goes home he wont get another ride here with 6.67 average?

Not looking good for him

Sorry, I am not nit picking. I just wondered why it was on the Eastbourne thread. If anyone was suggesting we sign him I would have been well against that all.

He's already signed to Cradley. In the unlikely event that Eastbourne did want to sign him he would have to quit Cradley, serve a 28 day ban for with holding his services and then sign.

Either way its all pie in the sky. If he goes home just shows he never cared about the NL and it was PL or bust.

Fingers crossed his new sponsored equipment is offer to an up and coming Brit who appreciates it.....

From what I have read it doesn't sound like perks has the right mannerisms for speedway. Acts like a child and has made a twit of himself by the look of it.

The admin changed a word in my post

• Like 1

If, and it's a big if, Perks went home without riding another meeting Cradley would only have 3.00 points to replace him with and Perks would still be a 3.00 if he returned this year or another year, as he has not done enough (4 league) for a new average.

If he was to quit Scunthorpe, he could still ride for Cradley. Similarly if he's sacked he still could. There's no rule stopping him doing NL only either. Sings4kings you mention a 28 day ban but that would be for withholding his services, like refusing to ride a meeting as he's elsewhere, as opposed to quitting the club altogether. At the end of the day, that'd be Perks' own choice.

It seems strange that he'll even be at Buxton on Sunday but there isn't enough time for him to ride in that meeting and then get to Newcastle, so I suspect he'll be using the track to check his fitness before the meeting??

Also I think his dad is over here with him, but I'm not sure.

Edited by Islander15

From what I have read it doesn't sound like perks has the right mannerisms for speedway. Acts like a child and has made a twit of himself by the look of it.

The admin changed a word in my post

To be fair to him though, he is only a few weeks from being a child. Only turned 18 recently, I don't know of his racing history but it wouldn't surprise me if this is the most pressure he has been under as a rider and he has had a bad couple of weeks compared to the flying start he made (for Cradley at least).

He isn't the first and won't be the last to take a little time to settle down, if that is what is happening. I saw a very young Greg Hancock come back into the pits at Belle Vue after a race and throw a complete wobbler, throwing things around etc. It's good to have that passion, might just take some time to channel it in the right way. Learning is what the NL is all about after all.

He has family with him, his Dad and also his (Great, I think) Uncle Dave - both of whom have been around the sport a very long time

Anyway, back to Eastbourne

Why is cradley littering eastbournes thread anyway?

Sorry, I am not nit picking. I just wondered why it was on the Eastbourne thread. If anyone was suggesting we sign him I would have been well against that all.

Has he signed yet ? :D:wink:

Has he signed yet ? :D:wink:

Ha ha. I doubt it.

Matt Bates has a practice today doesnt he. Will be good that Martin can set his bike up for tomorrow. Hope he goes well,

Ha ha. I doubt it.

Matt Bates has a practice today doesnt he. Will be good that Martin can set his bike up for tomorrow. Hope he goes well,

from the sounds of the weather some arm bands and floats will be needed :P

Clash of the news boys management and riders. Dugard vs Silver. BWD vs BDJ just checked the weather and looks good Chessell needs to learn to count as he said rye house was winning? Yes they were after heat one a 4-2 then 5-7 then 9-9 then 11-13 then 14-16 can anyone see a pattern Eastbourne in front it's not hard Chessell to add a few points together.