British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Eastbourne 2015

Maybe they prefer the boring follow my leader rubbishe that masquerade as elite league. Their loss.

I see on Connors and Nigel Pearsons twitter its saying Eastbourne v Cradley 24th May is on Sky.

Is this a wind up. Surely it is!

i think with the wink face connor meant come on nigel youre in there with Sky get this fixture on TV!

Ahh yeh, I am not good with smileys, I don't usually notice them. I feel a bit stupid now!

Nearly got me too Steve. Had me spluttering over my cornflakes.

Of course, it should be on Sky; likely to be far better than some of the dull EL stuff

The money from Sky could make a club last a season, maybe they should put them in the Hat and draw them and see what happens but as well all know thats never going to happen. Back to BBC sport with Dicky Davies, ( for you younger fans he is the Gary Lineker of match of the day,

Bring on the Hammers and let the title race begin.

The money from Sky could make a club last a season, maybe they should put them in the Hat and draw them and see what happens but as well all know thats never going to happen. Back to BBC sport with Dicky Davies, ( for you younger fans he is the Gary Lineker of match of the day,

Bring on the Hammers and let the title race begin.

Ahh yes. Dicky Davies

Rally Cross, Scrambling, Westling, Speedway....even grasstrack!

Those were the days!

• Like 1

Where have the good old days gone.

I wish they would bring back those days when speedway was on terrestial TV. I think you'll find Dickie Davies was on World of Sport for ITV with Dave Lanning being the commentator for Speedway & Longtrack/Grasstrack, whilst Frank Bough fronted Grandstand on the BBC with Murray Walker commentating on the motorsport.

Those were the good old days of only 3 TV channels you also had the midweek sports programme called Sportsnight on BBC that showed the London Riders Championship from Wimbledon. There was also a speedway programme every Monday night that used to be on Anglia TV ( can't remember the name), showing teams like Kings Lynn, Ipswich, Peterborough,Mildenhall, Milton Keynes & Rye House also they had the 4TT finals from Peterborough.

Great Days.

It all went wrong when Terry & Ronnie Russell got involved with Sky Sports that it went ** up.

What are the crowd levels like between the Elite & National League at Eastbourne ?

They are down a bit but they are over what Martin stated he needed as a break even in the meeting in January. I expect they will climb further in the season although July there are only 2 fixtures the time when lots of families are off..

At the moment eastbourne are competing against live Sunday football on TV. Very soon that will be over and I expect the crowds to increase.

At the moment eastbourne are competing against live Sunday football on TV. Very soon that will be over and I expect the crowds to increase.

I sure hope so as this team and promotion deserve good crowds. I do wonder if Saturday nights would have been better. I wonder if Sunday afternoons clashes with other commitments too much.

Those of you that are not bothering because its National League, I don't blame you. I also said I would not bother going if they went NL. I thought that I would not care about a NT team and that even if they won the league I would not be bothered. I was wrong. I cheer for every point, every overtake, every 5-1 and every 4-2. Hell, I even cheer a 4- 2 against us if our riders were going for it (an the usually are) I am enjoying this season more than any since 2000 and 2002. Maybe even more than that.There is a really buzz around the place. Please come and give it a try and bring your family and friends. (No, I am not paid by or connected to the club in any way) I just love this team!

Edited by stevec
  • Like 5

I sure hope so as this team and promotion deserve good crowds. I do wonder if Saturday nights would have been better. I wonder if Sunday afternoons clashes with other commitments too much.

Personally saturday night would of been better as there are about 5 or 6 sundays i cant do this year so have to miss them matches :(

the fans have said for years they wanted sunday so why arent they getting the crowds?!

the racing is so good!!!