British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Eastbourne 2015

Personally saturday night would of been better as there are about 5 or 6 sundays i cant do this year so have to miss them matches :(

[me too, I can only go to speedway on sat and tue nights so I've lost out now with Eastbourne and cradley, looking forward to 42 hts tomorrow but hope no-one spoils the g.p. result for me. good luck to the riders and fans on sunday. /quote]

you alright gee jay? :rofl:

didnt know you could change the text and the color #eastbourneeagles

LET THE FUN BEGINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

the fans have said for years they wanted sunday so why arent they getting the crowds?!

the racing is so good!!!

if there are 600+ going now and there were 900+ going to watch last year that is 'most' of the fans . there was always going to be a drop , with some fans it's elite league or nothing. you only have to look back to the b.l.c in 2003? which failed after one year because elite league fans weren't interested in following watered down sides. if it was up to me Eastbourne would still ride on a Saturday night no matter what level. to quote]

you alright gee jay? :rofl:

didnt know you could change the text and the color #eastbourneeagles

LET THE FUN BEGINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

I'm fine ta', but I think my computer's having a fit

the fans have said for years they wanted sunday so why arent they getting the crowds?!

the racing is so good!!!

Some fans that didn't go said they wanted Sunday's and maybe some that did... I never have and still don't.. I'm one that hasn't been this year for a few reasons.. can't see that changing any time soon...

Edited by MrB

Hey MrB why have you not been? I have changed clubs for reasons that i thought that Mr Silver was starting to go a bit crazy at Kent so i moved to Eastbourne and i have to say that there are a few things about Eastbourne this year, A new welcome to fans with open arms, a very young crazy team that are full of style and want to win and not one of them is above his station all feet on the floor and just loving Speedway. We have seen over the years that Speedway at Eastbourne has been run in one way only, (Bob Dugards way) and it does not work, Len silver, Peter Brown, Terry Russell, Martin Hagon, Bob Brinson, All walked away as they could also see it was not going to work and the common denominator had been Mr Dugard,

I was always sure that when the younger Dugard's took over that they make a go of it, I was never a Martin Dugard fan but after the Indoor Speedway he did at Brighton along with John Cook from Lakeside they were always entertaining and everything was first class.

Going back to Eastbourne you can see that this place this year has the Buzz again like 1985, 86 with all the young guns agai.

Looking forward to Cradley next week i think the long awaiting meeting at Mildenhall will be a nice one to get away with a win (fingers Crossed)

I must admit that I thought that Sunday would be the best day, but after having to miss two meetings already I am realising that Sunday afternoons take away almost the whole day because of the travelling. I think we may get bigger crowds on a Saturday night.

Anyway, I would say to anyone who is staying away because we have gone NL, give it a try, it is far better than anything that has been served up at Arlington in the last 10 years or so. The new promotion is a breath of fresh air, and we have a TEAM. I can't wait until the Cradley match.

Edited by Hebbs
  • Like 1

Some fans that didn't go said they wanted Sunday's and maybe some that did... I never have and still don't.. I'm one that hasn't been this year for a few reasons.. can't see that changing any time soon...

how come mr.B the racing is bl00dey brilliant!!

For any stay aways I believe next Sunday and the Sunday after are the meetings to come to and they will totally change your views on Eastbourne speedway. Can't understand why you stay away because it's cheaper and you get much much better racing!!

• Like 1

Good meeting at Mildenhall, not bad really as BWD, Woods, have never seen the Track, What a great team to pick themself up after watching a nasty fall from Andrews in heat 1, I see the little ref lady was there walking around in her wellies unable to see over the fence?

I was talking to one of the fans afterwards who told me that the ref had picked up on Marc owens pit mat not being the correct material but when it was points out that 3 riders from Mildenhall also had the same mats the ref let it go?

What a great meeting to watch on tender hooks all the time just waiting for the next turn of the wheel to see who was going to win, Well done to all the Boys from Both Sides.

What is the sport coming too as at the end of the meeting the riders roll the mats up or bash them to get the dirt off then they take them home and jet wash them down the drains at home
?

Places like Eastbourne and Kings Lynn and Mildenhall and many others who all run Stock car racing and allowed to let cars smash themself to bits and allow oil to flowing out the sump onto the tracks makes a right mess of it all and speedway again has a clean image.

Too much red tape lets go back to grass roots, Oil on the track used to keep the material together like the old days with no oil catchers.

For any stay aways I believe next Sunday and the Sunday after are the meetings to come to and they will totally change your views on Eastbourne speedway. Can't understand why you stay away because it's cheaper and you get much much better racing!!

maybe the reason you can't 'understand' is you seem to be assuming that everyone who is missing is absent because they are not interested in watching national league racing . some of the missing 300 or so may well not be able to go on sundays. like me.

maybe the reason you can't 'understand' is you seem to be assuming that everyone who is missing is absent because they are not interested in watching national league racing . some of the missing 300 or so may well not be able to go on sundays. like me.

You can't come to a single meeting? If it's that bad you should have made your voice heard when they asked about the days we preferred then it might have been different.

You can't come to a single meeting? If it's that bad you should have made your voice heard when they asked about the days we preferred then it might have been different.

there you go assuming again, do you think I voted for sunday if it meant I couldn't make it ?

there you go assuming again, do you think I voted for sunday if it meant I couldn't make it ?

Did you vote at all? Anyway I was just stating that any stay aways that don't have to stay away that next week is the week to come

National League speedway is full of passing, full-on effort, thrills, spills, drama-frankly it is everything the EL isn't.

I was bored to tears watching Elite League speedway and a recent dose wasn't that much better.

The National League maybe slightly slower but who cares.I want to see racing and that's what I get in the NL.

And you have to admit Eastbourne are offering value for money with a full 2nd half - 27 speedway races for a tenner (plus the £2 compulsory contribution to HM Government by way of VAT) can't be bad.

Bring on Cradley. If there's any justice the place will be packed.