British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Eastbourne 2015

Richard was very good in heat 1 at home and away and you almost could put your money on him winning heat 1, Seems a shame that he was hurt but the positive thing is he will come back better and stronger then before as not a lot seems to get him down, He is one of the most popular riders here at Eastbourne. Get well soon richard fingers crossed opps wont mention anything on the hand lol.

Edited by catinthehat

i was thinking to myself today as i opened the speedway star.

not once this year have i even bothered to look at the elite league news and or averages fixtures results etc where as i'm straight to the back to see whats happening in the NL summary. - my thoughts are there any other National League converts now?

i must say this league puts the el to shame

• Like 1

I think the Speedway Star should switch it around and put the NL and PL and EL at the front of magazine on a rota basis.

Seen more passing at Arlington this year than in a whole season in the EL.

Last week at King's Lynn there was more passing in the NL match in one race than there was all night the previous Wednesday. As for Lakeside ....poor beyond belief at times.

I am finding the EL very sterile and predictable where the NL serves up entertainment every time.

Can't wait for Cradley with their bus load of fans to come to Arlington on Sunday.

Edited by Richard Weston

Hope they have a loo on the coach when they leave as Shelly Belly may come into play for some of them xxxxx i am just about getting use it it after a few weeks, Have to say the food at Kent was much better, but you cant have everything good racing and good food.

Hope they have a loo on the coach when they leave as Shelly Belly may come into play for some of them xxxxx i am just about getting use it it after a few weeks, Have to say the food at Kent was much better, but you cant have everything good racing and good food.

Not so sure about that. The fish n chips at Mildenhall were great and the racing was pretty go too.

i was thinking to myself today as i opened the speedway star.

not once this year have i even bothered to look at the elite league news and or averages fixtures results etc where as i'm straight to the back to see whats happening in the NL summary. - my thoughts are there any other National League converts now?

i must say this league puts the el to shame

ditto

• Like 1

Best meeting I've seen in a long time! Cradley who?!

Edited by jubileeclip
  • Like 1

What a cracking match this weekend me and the kids went home and we could hardly talk to each other, missing Richard Andrews and a few mechanical problems for the boys would have ment a few more points, Cradley looked an average side nothing special, Clegg looked to be in a class of his own and only to out staged by BWD, A very good show from Mattie Bates on Dugards Spare bike, proves one thing with Mattie that his bikes need looking at also that kelseys bike is fast enough to win all he has to do is stay onboard. Marc Owen had some miss fortune with a bike problem the only one's who didn't have any problems was BWD and Woods.

What a star Woods has turned out to be along with BWD, I heard that BWD would stay with Eastbourne next year, Along with Woods and Andrews chuck in Charlie Powell and possible Dugard all Eastbourne assets.

Bring on Birmingham and lets hope we can make up the five points for the KO Cup.

Looks like eagles will be full strength sunday as andrews thumb was apparently not broken and has been given the all clear i wonder if averages will allow all them to return catinthehat.

Looks like eagles will be full strength sunday as andrews thumb was apparently not broken and has been given the all clear i wonder if averages will allow all them to return catinthehat.

Was having a conversation about next season the other day and if the limits stayed the same for next year and averages didn't change much more which they shouldn't we could have WD, Wood, Andrews, Dugard and Powell. Would be nice if they put the limit up a bit though so it could fit more comfortably!

But because we have a good few riders knowing our luck it won't work :P

Niall Strudwick could even make the team, Lets see what happens first, Need to get the season out the way first see if we can get some silverware, i bet a few knees are shaking around the tracks to see how good the Eastbourne team are.

Roll on Birmingham another step forward to the KO cup fingers crossed and everything else too and its only 5 points behind.

Reading the last couple of posts just about sums up the season for me.

Usually the talk on the forums is about who we should drop in the current year but now the talk is already about who we can keep for next year!

Why? because we have 7 riders (8 including Danny) that WANT to ride, enjoy winning and are racing their hearts out.

I absolutely love this team like a haven't since the Martin, Deano and Floppy days.

Sunday reminded me of the Sunday afternoons in the 70s, two great sets of fans and riders and real emotion being shown.

LOVING THIS SEASON

• Like 2

Good to see bradley not accepting a PL team place as he would miss 4 home meetings at the moment, which means it may of been a sunday riding team that approached him? I half want him to go PL because i want to see him get even better and see what he can do in PL. Its stupid that eastbourne dont get priority though.

We want Brad at home but we need him away he is our top performer along with wood away!