British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Eastbourne 2015

Bradley Wilson-Dean has turned down an offer to join a Premier League club.

He has committed at the moment to remain solely with the IT First Eagles because a move up would mean him missing some Eastbourne fixtures.

Bradley has been the target of a number of clubs almost from the day of his arrival in Britain and his signature has been chased by three or four clubs in recent weeks.

Club chairman Martin Dugard said if Brad had joined a PL club, those fixtures would have had priority over Eastbourne's, even though the club had done all the work to bring him to the UK.

"He would have missed four matches as things stand and that is without rain-offs. That's about half of our remaining home fixtures.

"Bradley is a real crowd pleaser at Arlington and it would not be possible for us to find a suitable replacement," he said.

Eastbourne have already revealed they are looking to next season in the National League with Wilson-Dean still being part of the team, although he would also ride in the Premier League.

Careful fixture planning and co-ordination will be needed to ensure the New Zealander misses as few meetings as possible

Edited by sussex bulldog

We need Brad, Richard, Georgie, David, Mattie, Kelsey, Marc, they are all a team, It makes a change for so many people to say how good the atmosphere is and how good the racing is, I was there and i was so happy with the result and it shows we have a team of riders that want to win, Brad is good enough to go PL but i think there must be another reason why he has not gone?

what average will him go in on or what will he come back to Eastbourne on for next year? lets say he has a 10 point average in NL, if he finds it a bit of a struggle to find his feet in the PL and lets say he finishes on a 3 point average what would he come in on as a NL rider in 2016. would it be better for Eastbourne to let him race to lower his average with out effecting Eastbourne meetings as they could get the best Guest out there for him.

He goes into the PL on a 5.00 and his average for eagles next year will be whatever he finishes this year on.

Ok so lets say he goes in on a 5 points and then finshes the season on a 5 points then convert his average back to NL is 8 points. what happens then if he is stil racing for Eastbourne as well as PL and his average is lets say 10 points which one do they use?

As a club this could be better fo them? to loose 2 points, this year they lost 3 with out Brendon lol

they use whatever is highest. if its a 5 in pl and converts to a 10 in nl but he has an nl avg of 10.3 they take the 10.3 just like adam ellis avg finished on 9.34 and thats what he start on as his pl avg was only a 4

Ok so lets say he goes in on a 5 points and then finshes the season on a 5 points then convert his average back to NL is 8 points. what happens then if he is stil racing for Eastbourne as well as PL and his average is lets say 10 points which one do they use?

As a club this could be better fo them? to loose 2 points, this year they lost 3 with out Brendon lol

What on earth are you on about lol

BWD will start next year in the NL on whatever he finishes this year on!! It doesn't matter if he rides PL or not, it'll still be what he ends this year on!

Ellis was different as he didn't ride NL last year, so it was the higher of his 2013 NL average or 2014 PL average converted (which is PL doubled).

okay so say the limit stays at 36?

BWD 9.5

Dugard 4.5

Wood 6

Andrews 7

Leaves 9 for 3 riders being Powell in on a 3 then two others on 3? Freemantle to make a comeback?

Maybe we will get Martin back on a 3 as it's been so long!!!

Thank you Islander15 makes sense easy as 1,2,3

i was not sure what they use if BWD has a 6 plus average in the PL if they convert that back down is a 12 plus. He may not be good enough and end up on a 3 point average then they convert that back to the NL average,

But makes sense now that NL stays NL and no conversion needed. Thinking aloud a poor run in the PL might have lowered his NL if they converted it.

Anyway its looks like he is going to stay in the NL, maybe he will get married and then become a UK Citizen and do the fast track as speedway are missing riders like him and it will be a loss if he cant get a ride in the PL.

Niall Strudwick,

@catinthehat And Niall Strudwick ???? is a very good rapper ???

He will 100% get a PL team, he has a wonderful thing where he can practically choose who! Im sure the dugards are pointing him to the right one, as for your averages next year i would say we will have 10 pts for last 3 riders, doubt we would see freemantle return, would be good if he did though, a very handy 3 pointer but not likely at all

He will 100% get a PL team, he has a wonderful thing where he can practically choose who! Im sure the dugards are pointing him to the right one, as for your averages next year i would say we will have 10 pts for last 3 riders, doubt we would see freemantle return, would be good if he did though, a very handy 3 pointer but not likely at all

shame on me I'd forgotten all about brendan freemantle. why has he packed it all in ?

shame on me I'd forgotten all about brendan freemantle. why has he packed it all in ?

I shall not say, just its very unlikely your see him ride again, but miracles can happen maybe with the eagles revamp he could be tempted, time will tell and its brandon not brendan :P

I shall not say, just its very unlikely your see him ride again, but miracles can happen maybe with the eagles revamp he could be tempted, time will tell and its brandon not brendan :P

no wonder I'd forgotten all about him I couldn't even remember his name :oops: