British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Eastbourne 2015

What happens if Lakeside put a NL team together as they almost did this year will mean that there may not be enough riders to go around means the limit will go down

They were looking at Georgie wood as well weren't they? They can't have him now. If they did go NL they would have Owen because he is an asset

think your find owen kingston and chessell are all Lakeside assets so they have almost a good side

I shall not say, just its very unlikely your see him ride again, but miracles can happen maybe with the eagles revamp he could be tempted, time will tell and its brandon not brendan :P

I agree!

Who thinks the points limit will be increased?

I think its very likely.

What happens if Lakeside put a NL team together as they almost did this year will mean that there may not be enough riders to go around means the limit will go down

They seem to talk about NL every year and it never happens. But with the number of teams it'd be too many fixtures for them atm. If they went to Central Park its a definite no anyway.

I would rather have all three in.

I think we all would but with the Islanders back, 12 teams is too many (never thought I'd say that!!!!). Edited by Islander15

oh yes i forgot about the mighty islanders Mathew! imagine that

Eastbourne

Birmingham
Cradley

Lakeside

Kent
Rye House
Mildenhall

Buxton

Isle Of Wight

Coventry

Kings Lynn

Stoke

What a table!

also i think eastbourne were right sky should have televised Sundays meeting it would have been brilliant for speedway and national league speedway especially!!

Televising Sunday would have been good and bad because if it was televised the cradley fans would have stayed away and some Eastbourne fans. And the meeting was a slow start. But would have been a great advert for NL

12 teams would be amazing. Ditch the national trophy. 11 home / 11 away meetings and whatever you get out of the KO cup (4 ties max prelim - final) doesn't sound too many to me and probably similar to the amount of fixtures Eastbourne have this season?

swindon still managed to pull in a big crowd last night alex?

Fair enough but as some people seem to think Sunday afternoons are a massive inconvenience to them if it's on TV they will stay at home. And would the crowd have been even bigger last night?? Had it not been on TV

12 teams would be amazing. Ditch the national trophy. 11 home / 11 away meetings and whatever you get out of the KO cup (4 ties max prelim - final) doesn't sound too many to me and probably similar to the amount of fixtures Eastbourne have this season?

I agree. I think 12 teams is a nice number.

Sky will never step down to the NL Level they only just about do it to the PL for a few meetings, from what i have seen that PL racing has been much better on sky the the EL racing, I would love to see a match on Sky for NL but it would make sense if it was not Live, Both the club and Sky get a good deal, also they could then edit all the bits inbetween and make it a really good show, We are all aware that NL meetings take longer then most but have to say they are more enjoyable, On Sunday i went into the pits after the meeting and all the Eastbourne Team were still there signing away photos and talking to the Fans, by the time i left the Airfence was taken down and the place was being stripped for Stock Car racing the next day.

Can wait to see Birmingham at the weekend, Harvey Banks looks to be the weak link in the side at the moment.