British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Eastbourne 2015

12 teams would be amazing, and seeing as it is pearsons team i would love him to broadcast an eagles v cradley meeting but it just wont happen. Really hope the eagles move back to saturday nights, i would of liked them to change a fixture this year to a saturday night seeing what the crowd difference would be, try it for 1 match i say, but dont suppose they can just re arrange fixtures for that meaning.

Not all teams want that many fixtures though, look at King's Lynn & Coventry who would struggle with availability and it would only take a rain-off or two for serious problems at Perry Barr. But the National Trophy lets those have extra who want it.

Edited by Islander15

Not all teams want that many fixtures though, look at King's Lynn & Coventry who would struggle with availability and it would only take a rain-off or two for serious problems at Perry Barr. But the National Trophy lets those have extra who want it.

Two extra teams would only be two more home matches and these could be made up by not having challenge, KO or Trophy matches.

I do get your point with the likes of Coventry....maybe they could run a couple of dreaded double headers! Especially if Lakeside run an Elite League team. Coventry v Lakeside EL and NL on the same night. How cool would that be?

• Like 2

i think 11 fixtures at home and 11 away plus the ko cup and then the extra NL Trophy for who wants it. i must say i think the bspa should change the rules for NL4s and pairs and even NL riders championship.

why cant they hold them at a track where no one has been to?? Isle of wight said they want to hold 6 fixtures what better way than to hold these three big events or take them to a PL track like Peterborough no home track advantage for anyone.

• Like 1

12 teams would be amazing, and seeing as it is pearsons team i would love him to broadcast an eagles v cradley meeting but it just wont happen. Really hope the eagles move back to saturday nights, i would of liked them to change a fixture this year to a saturday night seeing what the crowd difference would be, try it for 1 match i say, but dont suppose they can just re arrange fixtures for that meaning.

I wish they could change a couple of fixtures but I'd settle for one over none.

i think 11 fixtures at home and 11 away plus the ko cup and then the extra NL Trophy for who wants it. i must say i think the bspa should change the rules for NL4s and pairs and even NL riders championship.

why cant they hold them at a track where no one has been to?? Isle of wight said they want to hold 6 fixtures what better way than to hold these three big events or take them to a PL track like Peterborough no home track advantage for anyone.

I wish they'd change the pairs and fours rules so they took priority over the PL. Its a one-off event for a national title after all!

yeah i heard that clegg and brandford are both missing for the fours? - i think its Coventry for the taking / birmingham

I'm all for having more teams but you have to wonder where the riders are going to come from.Certainly isn't many riders going spare right now.Would guess an increase in points limit and a move to 6 man teams would have to be an option

Got your wish.Eastbourne vs Mildenhall is now Saturday August 29th and not the 30th

Wonder what that's in aid of and is it 7:30pm

Maybe they are looking at Saturday's for 2016 or maybe mildenhall need to use the Sunday. Must be some madness somewhere.

Maybe they are looking at Saturday's for 2016 or maybe mildenhall need to use the Sunday. Must be some madness somewhere.

Mildenhall do race Sunday's but they could be experimenting for Saturdays next year. I prefer Saturday's.

Yes, bring on Saturday night racing.

Its perfect. You get to do what you want to do on Saturday. Speedway in the evening and then you get to do what you wanna do on Sunday. Roast dinner no longer rushed. Get to see the F1 GPs. and I get to miss X Factor and all the other Saturday night TV rubbish.

but then why did the fans vote Sundays? personally i prefer them because i can do what i like on a Saturday, Sunday morning i can watch my nephew play football then head over to the speedway and still have time for a roast dinner in the evening :)

My friend was at Poole last night and he text me this morning about Tom Brennan - don't forget to include him in your team plans Eastbourne.

My friend was at Poole last night and he text me this morning about Tom Brennan - don't forget to include him in your team plans Eastbourne.

Will he be 15 for next season?