British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Eastbourne 2015

I dont think brennan will sign next year although his facebook says he turns 15 on july 2nd this year, im not sure thats correct but i could of course be wrong. The 1 saturday they change it too im not there lol im in gorzow that weekend for the GP so wont be able to feel the whole saturday night thing.

I BELIEVE HE WILL BE 15 MID SEASON NEXT YEAR

or why not drop the age to 14 if they need more riders?

Just been on the young lions site and followed the link to www.tombrennanracing.com looking at his profile he is not 15 till next JULY which would fit him in thats only if he is good enough? Seen him at Eastbourne, and he had a ride at Kent and also Birmingham when the Eagles were there and i see that he had a ride at poole last night as well so he seems to enjoy, Only a few seconds behind the big boys on a 250cc was the fastest at Eastboune in the Youth Round beating the 500cc riders as well and only 2.5 seconds off league times. But Who knows who he will sign for? will be a lot of interest in the young man.

I dont think brennan will sign next year although his facebook says he turns 15 on july 2nd this year, im not sure thats correct but i could of course be wrong.

His DoB is 02/07/2001 according to his SCB rider registration listing.

Tom will sign when he is ready and not before and I think the Dugards will provide the correct guidance.

The lad has only just moved up to a 250cc machine so let him enjoy himself while he can before he faces league racing.

250 vs 500 times are a different debate for a different time.

His DoB is 02/07/2001 according to his SCB rider registration listing.

Yeah i did think he was 13.

If brennan rides for someone else ahead of us i would be astounded, that just simply will not happen lol

What's the big difference sings? Surely a 500 puts more power down to the track? I

Okay so what about

1. BWD 9.5

2. Dugard 4.5

3. Wood 7

4. Owen/Bates/Warwick/Mason? 7ish

5. Andrews 7.5

6. Powell 3

7. Brennan - when ready 3

8. Strudwick

41.5 not sure the limit will go up to 40!

Gary Cottham if thats his surname local lad to Eastbourne

Edited by catinthehat

Tom cannot ride for us until 2016. That's the way I understand it due to his birthdate.

Hopefully we will stay NL for long enough for that to happen

Personally (and I must stress this is purely my own opinion) whilst a 500 has more power to put down onto the track it is about usable power. Simply a 500 rider will have to shut off (briefly) whilst entering corners whereas a 250 can be wound on and left on. A 250 also doesn't drive as hard out of the corners and pull towards the fence. That said you still need a fair size set of plums to ride one to the max.

As for finding new riders keep the 2nd halves going / invite more riders / run a purely amateur/unsigned rider meeting. That said the current promotion seem quite at ease at unearthing new or unfulfilled talent.

i think the find of georgie wood and charley powell means one thing!

grasstrackers can race speedway and if eastbourne set up a scout like system in the grass there could be raw talent coming through at arlington!

• Like 1

i think the find of georgie wood and charley powell means one thing!

grasstrackers can race speedway and if eastbourne set up a scout like system in the grass there could be raw talent coming through at arlington!

No arguments with Georgie. Not seen Charley on the shale to be able to offer any comment.

Sadly Grasstrack is on the decline though hence many riders switching/competing in both.

There are pluses and minuses as ever but if its a route Eastbourne want to follow they could do a lot worse.

• Like 1

Off it was eligible I would like them to give Warwick another go as he didn't get chance to do much this year! Think in the long run he would prove to be better than Mason

I would love to see Connor Dugard in the team for next year as it would be great to see both Dugard brothers around Arlington and why not chuck Martin in as captain. Make it a real family affair!!

It's a shame really as the three races he had against Kings Lynn looked very promising.

• Like 1