British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Eastbourne 2015

As I have said before, no-one really knows how teams are going to do, they all start off pretty much the same on paper.

BTW, I think it was a bit unnecessary being so hard on two guys that did not really understand how the averages work, They looked like they lacked a bit of knowledge to me, that doesn't make them nobs!

What I like about the team is the unknowns, BWD, Kelsey Dugard and Georgie Wood are the keys. If they do nothing, then the team will not do great but if one or two of them excel and the rest of the team hold or improve their averages we will be right up there.

And what I really like is the back up and support they will get. Connor and Martin are building bikes for some of these guys! If they struggle at all they will have full support and help with set up and making changes/ I really think they will have support in the pits that is second to none and that could be the difference with this team. There is a new regime in place and I truly believe they what success like never before. I like what I have been seeing.

Edited by stevec
  • Like 4

As I have said before, no-one really knows how teams are going to do, they all start off pretty much the same on paper.

BTW, I think it was a bit unnecessary being so hard on two guys that did not really understand how the averages work, They looked like they lacked a bit of knowledge to me, that doesn't make them nobs!

What I like about the team is the unknowns, BWD, Kelsey Dugard and Georgie Wood are the keys. If they do nothing, then the team will not do great but if one or two of them excel and the rest of the team hold or improve their averages we will be right up there.

And what I really like is the back up and support they will get. Connor and Martin are building bikes for some of these guys! If they struggle at all they will have full support and help with set up and making changes/ I really think they will have support in the pits that is second to none and that could be the difference with this team. There is a new regime in place and I truly believe they what success like never before. I like what I have been seeing.

Have you seen Martins post of 9 I think it was speedway bikes at his house most in the new IT first covers! looks more professional than ever!

• Like 1

adz_mft is right. Too average 12 he'd have to have never dropped a point.

You and the person claiming he averaged 12 are looking mugs.

You've been Eagled.

Of course Eastbourne fans know how averages work.

• Like 1

Adz_mft I don't think you fully understand how speedway works. Leave it to the management they know what they're doing.

he's made you look a right nob hahaha

Ha ok then :)

Edited by adz_mft
  • Like 1

he's made you look a right nob hahaha

Bet you feel like a right knob 😃😃😃😂😂

• Like 1

Bet you feel like a right knob

What are the squares at the end for?

Hi all just to put my 10 pence worth in it all as normal, I was at the Rico meeting and i watched the pairs meeting with interest as i think this is the future of speeedway, Marc Owen was outstanding he was a class above the rest perfect starts and super smooth, looking and Danno Virgil he was ment to be the best thing since landing from his Trip down under where he rode and i was deeply dissapointed with his performance he lacked passion and drive and i thought to myself thats why i have left kent as the team they have put together is going stale.

At Eastbourne press day Marc was equal to the other Top 4 , Owen, Warrwick, Wilson-dean, Andrews, not a lot to choose between them all, If this is the standard that Marc has set then he and the others are a strong side all the way from top to bottom, Yes Mason didnt sound as if he was going fast but it would have taken alot to go around him sounding slow but putting power to the floor means he is going forward. Dugard, Wood looked as if they are the strongest pair in the League, so it looks as if Magic Mason need to pull a rabbit out of somewhere to stay out the reserve bay.

Hi all just to put my 10 pence worth in it all as normal, I was at the Rico meeting and i watched the pairs meeting with interest as i think this is the future of speeedway, Marc Owen was outstanding he was a class above the rest perfect starts and super smooth, looking and Danno Virgil he was ment to be the best thing since landing from his Trip down under where he rode and i was deeply dissapointed with his performance he lacked passion and drive and i thought to myself thats why i have left kent as the team they have put together is going stale.

At Eastbourne press day Marc was equal to the other Top 4 , Owen, Warrwick, Wilson-dean, Andrews, not a lot to choose between them all, If this is the standard that Marc has set then he and the others are a strong side all the way from top to bottom, Yes Mason didnt sound as if he was going fast but it would have taken alot to go around him sounding slow but putting power to the floor means he is going forward. Dugard, Wood looked as if they are the strongest pair in the League, so it looks as if Magic Mason need to pull a rabbit out of somewhere to stay out the reserve bay.

I have to agree with your comments with regards Marc Owen, i fully expect him to be Eastbournes No1 at the end of the season, providing he stays injury free. Whilst Mason is going backwards I doubt very much that you will see him in the reserve berth even with his poor away form, as for Dugard and Wood being the strongest reserve pair, well soon we will see, as its almost time for the talking to be done on track.

• Like 1

Neale and Perks are by far the strongest reserve pairing

• Like 2

doesn't matter if they look strongest. If eastbourne is a hard track to ride and perks is fast I can see him in the air fence sorry to dampen your spirit. But when we are away to them he will be better

doesn't matter if they look strongest. If eastbourne is a hard track to ride and perks is fast I can see him in the air fence sorry to dampen your spirit. But when we are away to them he will be better

Why does it post 2?

Guys i hate to P on your Bonfire, but you are an Elitist Club just come down to the NL, you for the most part do not yet have any idea of the strength of the NL, we all understand the Trick Track that is Arlington, we are aware it is a big home advantage, but also it puts your riders at a disadvantage when they ride away, Im loving your enthusiasm, and Yes its great to have Eastbourne in the NL, also you must be aware that Mason and Warwick are pretty predominantly home scorers, I just dont see where you are going to get your points from away from home.

I wasnt going to say about my Teams reserves but seeing as philipsr mentioned it, Neale and Perks dropped 2 points in 8 rides last week, so Im looking forwards to seeing Dugard and Woods scoring two maximums in there first meeting. I dont for one minute expect Neale and Perks to keep up that level week in week out, but they have set the bar high, and if they can do it once then they can do it again. Looking at the fixture lists they should both still be at reserve when you visit us in less than a months time April 22nd, but unless we have a rain off, it looks like at least one of Neale or Perks wont be at reserve when we are due at Eastbourne on May 24th, Im unsure how soon after the 4th meeting the new averages come into effect, the meeting at Arlington is the 5th Cradley meeting.

Anyways guys the Eastbourne discussion pages have kept the Forum lively over the past few months, and i wish you good luck for the season.

perks will leave after 4 leaving neale and harris vs wood and dugard i cant see either of those two touchin dugard and wood at eastbourne especially if georgie shows the elvows he did on the grass last year :D:D:D

perks will leave after 4 leaving neale and harris vs wood and dugard i cant see either of those two touchin dugard and wood at eastbourne especially if georgie shows the elvows he did on the grass last year :D:D:D

Dont be thinking Mike Neale is any sort of mug on a Speedway Track, he can look after himself, he spent a season up at Buxton and that as you will find out isnt the easiest Track to ride. :wink: