British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Eastbourne 2015

I'm loving the logic of, "We will be good, you can't say we'll be bad because you don't know because we've not raced yet". Well actually, just over half your teams has raced in league speedway previously and one of your reserves has competed against some of the other NL riders at U15 level so people do have some idea of how good (or not) they are. It's not like they have all just jumped off a plane from a far away land and nobody has any idea how good they are.

Just saw some pictures of the new Eastbourne team suits, Eastbourne invented team suits I hear, they look horrible.

Edited by RocketBen1
  • Like 2

Can I ask how much experience and knowledge do you have of national league level speedway and the riders that compete? You seem to be arguing with people who have travelled far and wide watching these guys for years.

I'm not arguing just saying that you can't go saying a team will be rubbish when it's never been in the league before. Obviously you haven't got much knowledge because you don't know that anything can happen.

End of conversation.

• Like 1

I'm not arguing just saying that you can't go saying a team will be rubbish when it's never been in the league before. Obviously you haven't got much knowledge because you don't know that anything can happen.

End of conversation.

Mason, Owen, Warwick and Andrews have all been in the league before though.

Mason, Owen, Warwick and Andrews have all been in the league before though.

Yes I know that they have. And no most people don't hold high hopes for Andrews or Mason. Where in the team did they ride before? I just don't want to finish bottom of the table! Would be a bonus if at the top but an unlikely one

End of conversation.

After school tonight I suggest you read the thread properly. I have at no point said eagles will be rubbish (although I am starting to hope they are just to see what you say for yourself then) I have even said at various times that they will spank my team good friday... but over a season i feel they will be mid table at best.

I have done the updates for the speedway update site from both ends of the phone and always assess riders in an unbiased way. But you are basing all you Comments on fresh air and assumptions. As for your comment of end of conversation, a conversation implies a two way discussion where both parties speak and listen. You seem unable to listen so there is no conversation here.

Martin and Connor have seriously raised the bar promotionally not only at nl level but for speedway as a whole but that does not guarantee a winning side. The fact your boys can practice at home at will, will mean at home you will be pretty hard to beat but on the road you at first glance look a very beatable 7.

• Like 3

Having seen what i did on press day i also have been told some times by my mate, Warwick, Owen, BWD, Andrews were all very similar times, Mason was off the pace, Dugard and Wood were as good as Mason.

But means nothing if you can’t get out the start. I am looking at the positive side of it all, We are lucky we have Speedway in Sussex I think now that Martin Dugard has been let free to do what he can with the sport at Eastbourne its started to Buzz again as it did in 85, 86, 87, also I think the team is going to give a very entertaining speedway meeting, a home meeting will be easier as there is not many that will like a grippy small track, away form will be better than the Elite League but again that won’t be hard to follow.

As it shows there are lots of people out to knock Eastbourne and see them drop like a stone, Eastbourne are not the best loved club in the leagues but at least we have a local speedway track for the time being, Hats of to Team Dugard (Not Bob ) as he is not involved with this project, Bob Showed up on Friday at press day him and Martin had a chat in the pits then he watched a few go round then he left. ( Not the Bob we no he didnt get involved or drive the tractor) But good to see he is letting go and have to say for a better future for the club.

Tea Boy your 100% right you have hit it all with Facts, yes Martin and Connor have done a good so far to promote the club again, the advantage is the practice they have done at home already but i guess thats what happens when you run a club and want to win not letting anyone else use the track, I think thats pretty fair.

I am lookiing forward to the start of a new era and seeing how they are going to do, i think just on what they have done so far looks great, I love the suits with the eagle on the back and the feathers on the arms, We all can see that a little bit more passion has gone into the club.

Edited by catinthehat
  • Like 4

Alex you've let your whole oppinion be changed by other forum members you went from Eastbourne finishing in the top 3 to 'at the top but and unlikely one' very thickle young man if you think the Eagles will finish top stick with that, if they finish top then gloat and boast if they don't equally hold your hands up and admit you were wrong but do not let other people change your oppinion!

• Like 1

Cat I am glad you have taken time to read my posts. Being a son of a Canterbury rider I have an inbuilt rivalry with the eagles but not hatred. It was one of the best things to come out of the winter not only that they survived but riding in the national league and trophy is great for both clubs. Meaning two jumbo crowds each for both home meetings. While it was gutting Arena did not enter in the end I don't feel they would of added the same number of travelling fans that the eagles and kings fans will do. Roll on next Friday even though I expect a 20 odd point win for the blue and yellow I really can't wait!!!

• Like 3

As it shows there are lots of people out to knock Eastbourne and see them drop like a stone, Eastbourne are not the best loved club in the leagues but at least we have a local speedway track for the time being, Hats of to Team Dugard (Not Bob ) as he is not involved with this project, Bob Showed up on Friday at press day him and Martin had a chat in the pits then he watched a few go round then he left. ( Not the Bob we no he didnt get involved or drive the tractor) But good to see he is letting go and have to say for a better future for the club.

No, it shows lots of people are disagreed with the 2 or 3 Eastbourne fans who have delusions of grandeur. It's not at Eastbourne thing, it's nothing to do with what club it is. It's discussion/debate (even arguing if you prefer) about the good and bad points of a team make up. You'd probably find that if 2 or 3 Coventry fans posted that the Storm were going to average 50 points combined, beat everyone at home, everyone, even the highly rated riders will struggle at Brandon then a few people would point out, that's not going to happen in the real World.

It's probably fair to say that most people will be impressed by what Martin and Connor are doing at Eastbourne, it's hard not to be. In that respect I hope it's a huge success as they're clearly giving it a bloody good go!

The reason I like this forum is the enthusiasm shown by so many fans. Yes opinions differ, we all have riders we rate / think are shocking but that's just life.

Good on the passionate Eastbourne fans Alex 2000BC , Cat in the Mac and alike. I hope they enjoy NL racing at Arlington good or bad and get the chance to visit various other tracks around the country too.

• Like 2

The Eastbourne "trick track" thing isn't true either. There are plenty of small tracks in the NL and all tracks are there to be ridden at the end of the day.

• Like 2

By the way he Opened the thread!

Yes because I support the National League as well!! Another team in the league is good for the league, especially now given the professionalism (Brendan apart) that the Dugards have shown and I wish them the very best for a successful season and hopefully many more. What the NL is about is seeing Kelsey & Wood become your heat leaders! Myself, and several others on here, have seen some of those riders on many occasions and have simply been more realistic in our views.

• Like 1

End of conversation.

I've just found yo Dummy boy, shall I post it back to ya :rofl::rofl: :rofl:

The Eastbourne "trick track" thing isn't true either. There are plenty of small tracks in the NL and all tracks are there to be ridden at the end of the day.

I disagree. Arlington does have a 'trick' to it because it's not just, or not even, that it's small but it's a unique shape (though one could make an argument for it being a very small Sheffield-like D shape). All their to be ridden though, I agree with that wholeheartedly. What's most important to any club is winning at home and keeping the home fans happy and coming back week-on-week so there's nothing wrong with a bit of home track advantage, as long at the track, particularly with regard to the start gates, is graded evenly.

It sounds as though there's a buzz about the place ahead of this new era for Eastbourne and I wish them well. That said I'm going to predict mid-table at best this season. There are too many other clubs that will pick up more away league points in my opinion.

• Like 2