British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Eastbourne 2015

I've just found yo Dummy boy, shall I post it back to ya :rofl::rofl: :rofl:

that makes no sense!

You are Interpreting this all wrong. Not that you know what interpret means! Anyway yes I'll have my dummy back or maybe shove it in your own mouth might work

You are Interpreting this all wrong. Not that you know what interpret means! Anyway yes I'll have my dummy back or maybe shove it in your own mouth might work

The reason I like this forum is the enthusiasm shown by so many fans. Yes opinions differ, we all have riders we rate / think are shocking but that's just life.

Good on the passionate Eastbourne fans Alex 2000BC , Cat in the Mac and alike. I hope they enjoy NL racing at Arlington good or bad and get the chance to visit various other tracks around the country too.

I like Alex 2000BC might change it to that!

Alex you've let your whole oppinion be changed by other forum members you went from Eastbourne finishing in the top 3 to 'at the top but and unlikely one' very thickle young man if you think the Eagles will finish top stick with that, if they finish top then gloat and boast if they don't equally hold your hands up and admit you were wrong but do not let other people change your oppinion!

I do think they will finish up near the top but I'm trying to get others off my back! And I am looking forward to is proving them wrong! I hope you agree with me!

Alex you've let your whole oppinion be changed by other forum members you went from Eastbourne finishing in the top 3 to 'at the top but and unlikely one' very thickle young man if you think the Eagles will finish top stick with that, if they finish top then gloat and boast if they don't equally hold your hands up and admit you were wrong but do not let other people change your oppinion!

I do think they will finish up near the top but I'm trying to get others off my back! And I am looking forward to is proving them wrong! I hope you agree with me!

After school tonight I suggest you read the thread properly. I have at no point said eagles will be rubbish (although I am starting to hope they are just to see what you say for yourself then) I have even said at various times that they will spank my team good friday... but over a season i feel they will be mid table at best.

I have done the updates for the speedway update site from both ends of the phone and always assess riders in an unbiased way. But you are basing all you Comments on fresh air and assumptions. As for your comment of end of conversation, a conversation implies a two way discussion where both parties speak and listen. You seem unable to listen so there is no conversation here.

Martin and Connor have seriously raised the bar promotionally not only at nl level but for speedway as a whole but that does not guarantee a winning side. The fact your boys can practice at home at will, will mean at home you will be pretty hard to beat but on the road you at first glance look a very beatable 7.

Ok I read it through properly and I stuck with my opinion of that we will do well. And if I am wrong you can tell me come October!

Rocket Ben I think your negativity towards Eastbourne is really starting to show.

But if we just use facts so that you are not upset it will prove your wrong.

Eastbourne being a Trick Track!? Have a look at and aerial view (that’s from above) https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/East+Sussex+BN27+3RE/@50.8575106,0.2282923,297m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x47df6fcd40e00d97:0xece4f7892363a351 then click that satalite view. :t:

Fact 1: This clearly shows that the track is obscure shape (not a standard race track shape) this means that it is difficult to ride let alone race.
Fact 2: From the start the white line has been cut away in 1988 to make more room to the first turn, then coming out the first turn the curb was cut away to make more room to allow for any errors that may happen.
Fact 3: Tai Woffenden had the same problem last year at Eastbourne where he picked up drive and hit the safety fence not beacuse its and easy track to race because its a Trick Track.

Many others have fallen fowl ( :nono:) of the Eagles nest with the shape of the track and the speed for something thats small.
I think no more said about the track.

As for the team suits I think they look great maybe you better have a look at Mildenhall and other clubs just to see how nice Eastbourne suits are. But again you have made your point and you dislike them, I really like them they look great but its a personal choice but i have not gone on an open forum and shouted about them.

Personally it does not make them wrong or right? the fact that your being negative again means either your upset with the way the club is being run or your jealous of the club and the way its going forward. Its a new Era at Eastbourne and thanks to Martin and Connor saving speedway at Eastbourne, i think you should look at a bigger picture. Speedway is still there and its looks as if its going to be pushed as hard as it can and there is nothing wrong with that as its about time that the biggest kept secret of speedway in sussex is alive and kicking.

Careful not to knock something that you possibly could not do any better to design a suit or run a speedway club or maybe you can.
lets put it to a challege as I have a bet on with Ceglio about the open fixture, Why not come along and have a chat with us at Eastbourne. Bring your excitement can so you can take some of the excitment away with you to open up in your front room and see the light. :lol:

From what we was shown on Press day and the drive of the new sponsors that Eastbourne will be the friendly club that all the kids want to join and race for a bit like the Elite League when all the riders wand to go to Poole.

Come on Eastbourne IT First all the way 2015

• Like 2

There really ought to be a low IQ limit set for these forums.

Cat I am glad you have taken time to read my posts. Being a son of a Canterbury rider I have an inbuilt rivalry with the eagles but not hatred. It was one of the best things to come out of the winter not only that they survived but riding in the national league and trophy is great for both clubs. Meaning two jumbo crowds each for both home meetings. While it was gutting Arena did not enter in the end I don't feel they would of added the same number of travelling fans that the eagles and kings fans will do. Roll on next Friday even though I expect a 20 odd point win for the blue and yellow I really can't wait!!!

Speedway is about rivalry and I like that! Btw there was no hatred in my posts. I am still learning at the end of the day

Rocket Ben I think your negativity towards Eastbourne is really starting to show.

But if we just use facts so that you are not upset it will prove your wrong.

Eastbourne being a Trick Track!? Have a look at and aerial view (thats from above) https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/East+Sussex+BN27+3RE/@50.8575106,0.2282923,297m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x47df6fcd40e00d97:0xece4f7892363a351 then click that satalite view. :t:

Fact 1: This clearly shows that the track is obscure shape (not a standard race track shape) this means that it is difficult to ride let alone race.

Fact 2: From the start the white line has been cut away in 1988 to make more room to the first turn, then coming out the first turn the curb was cut away to make more room to allow for any errors that may happen.

Fact 3: Tai Woffenden had the same problem last year at Eastbourne where he picked up drive and hit the safety fence not beacuse its and easy track to race because its a Trick Track.

Many others have fallen fowl ( :nono:) of the Eagles nest with the shape of the track and the speed for something thats small.

I think no more said about the track.

As for the team suits I think they look great maybe you better have a look at Mildenhall and other clubs just to see how nice Eastbourne suits are. But again you have made your point and you dislike them, I really like them they look great but its a personal choice but i have not gone on an open forum and shouted about them.

Personally it does not make them wrong or right? the fact that your being negative again means either your upset with the way the club is being run or your jealous of the club and the way its going forward. Its a new Era at Eastbourne and thanks to Martin and Connor saving speedway at Eastbourne, i think you should look at a bigger picture. Speedway is still there and its looks as if its going to be pushed as hard as it can and there is nothing wrong with that as its about time that the biggest kept secret of speedway in sussex is alive and kicking.

Careful not to knock something that you possibly could not do any better to design a suit or run a speedway club or maybe you can.

lets put it to a challege as I have a bet on with Ceglio about the open fixture, Why not come along and have a chat with us at Eastbourne. Bring your excitement can so you can take some of the excitment away with you to open up in your front room and see the light. :lol:

From what we was shown on Press day and the drive of the new sponsors that Eastbourne will be the friendly club that all the kids want to join and race for a bit like the Elite League when all the riders wand to go to Poole.

Come on Eastbourne IT First all the way 2015

he's jealous!
  • Like 1

Speedway is about rivalry and I like that! Btw there was no hatred in my posts. I am still learning at the end of the day

he's jealous!

Must get you a drink Alex when i see you at the first meeting, bottoms up lets party with the crowd on our first meeting together.

• Like 2

A speedway track is a speedway track. Rye has been labelled as one many times in the past but it simply isn't. Neither is Eastbourne.

Realistic and negative are different things, I'm the former.

I think some Eastbourne fans are underestimating the division they have dropped into though and I am certain I am not alone in thinking that.

Must get you a drink Alex when i see you at the first meeting, bottoms up lets party with the crowd on our first meeting together.

Haha let's hope it's a good one! Only 8 days 😉

Bottoms up and lets party........you Eastbourne fans really are close!

However id love the attendance for the first meeting to better anything achieved in the EL last season.

• Like 1

Wow, you guys do talk a lot. :wink:

What comes to mind in the whole being negative/realistic debate is the fact that everyone is giving their opinion, based on their own knowledge and perception, ergo nobody is right or wrong yet - you've just made differing predictions. You can't say for a fact they're correct yet... though I'm sure at the end of the season, some of you will come back to quote your original prediction - just wonder who it'll be :lol:

I'm not going to make a prediction, since personally I think whilst you can predict to some extent from previous results, you can't predict how a team will click which I think makes a difference, or any of the random speedway occurences (e.g. injuries, blown equipment that could affect some of the riders at this level, and so on)... so I'm happy to wait and see what happens during the season.

I will likely be attending a fair few Eastbourne matches this year, so here's to good racing in (hopefully) some sunshine! :t:

• Like 4

Touchy bunch these eagles. it's like several starman2006 on this page.

• Like 1

Did someone mention a drink

I think several riders will struggle round Arlington in this division, its a tight narrow track which will offer a fair degree of home advantage once the home side have had a few meetings there.

Team kevlars are a bit bright! Like matching suits and bike covers though, makes them look like a proper team.

I think several riders will struggle round Arlington in this division, its a tight narrow track which will offer a fair degree of home advantage once the home side have had a few meetings there.

Team kevlars are a bit bright! Like matching suits and bike covers though, makes them look like a proper team.

As we said Gordon a "TRICK TRACK"