British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Eastbourne 2015

I must say I'm very impressed with everyone Georgie richard and Kelsey on low averages could double them

I want them to let tom brennan loose on a 500, 13 or not i dont care let him have a crack

Think he could be another Robert Lambert ie having to get a German licence so he can get to ride 500s out there

I'd say young Tom isn't big enough to ride a 500. Talented enough beyond a doubt but not big or strong enough. Why the rush? I know let's build the lad right up so we can knock him back down at the first opportunity .

far better I think to let him progress at a controlled rate and let him learn his craft the right way.

• Like 2

Think he could be another Robert Lambert ie having to get a German licence so he can get to ride 500s out there

I dont think Rob Lambert ever had a German license. He just rode in Germany.

Robert did have a german license SCB

And pitstop you say let him progress in a controlled way but he was getting quicker times on his 250 than some was on the 500s surely that is a sign to say hes ready, i think it will be another robert lambert, cant wait for eagles to have him on a 3.00 in a couple of years

Steven he isn't bigger enough in stature or strength. Nothing to do with ability . You've ridden a 250 and know they don't really get you in trouble, a 500 on the other hand is a different beast when it hits the dirt. Genuinely don't believe Tom has the core strength yet. And what's the point? He can't ride against others on a 500 over here. Not like hhe's gonna be going abroad every week is it. His time will come.

Totally agree with Pitstop here when I first when from a 125 to a 500 Westlake the bike took me for a ride not the other way round and when it grips in the bends the pull on your arm nothing can prepair you for it

125 to a 500 is a hurrendous jump that will no doubt be extremely different and difficult, and pitstop i was chatting with richard andrews mechanic his dad at kent, mentioned i used to ride and he said you should have rode a 500, he said 250 is a waste of time and that a 500 is easier to ride, he said when you make a mistake on a 250 you dont get a lot of time but apparently if you make 1 on a 500 you have more time to get it under control, i know hes not big or anything am just hoping, willing to wait though his time will come :)

Wouldn't necessarily agree with that. 250 don't spit you off like a 500. Everyone'sgot there own opinion though, what works for one don'tfor another