British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Eastbourne 2015

Bad luck on Danny , I must admit he wasn't my idea of a good 7 pointer but the injury was v nasty .

Let's hope Matt bates gives it 100% coz there's an ok speedway rider in him with decent equipment

Bates or Johnson. Jeeze, neither is exactly what you would want given a choice!

Its definately great to see connor and the eagles moving quick to sign someone, previous seasons we would of stuck with r/r all the time. Will make my desicion on bates after a few meetings, looked at home scores from last year they were average and seems to have the odd fall, but we will see.

One thing though if he doesnt get a greensheet of over 7 surely warwick wont be able to come back for him, as i highly doubt we are going to be under the pts limit come greensheet time! That may be a error on the eagles part? Opinions please

Personally I can't see Danny being fit for some time and akso look at this (I know it's only been 2 meetings and first 4 rides) - not sure if you count r/r in this league towards avg.

David 11, 5 - 8

Richard 9, 4 - 6.

Marc 4

Brad 12, 11 - 11.5

Kelsey 5 5 - 5

Georgie 9, 0 - 4.5

So really their points limit is: -3 as it's currently at 39 (with Marc on 4!)

If you were too add Danny 7 then on paper you've won the match if everyone his their avg.

Penny are you related to Brendan as you dont seem to grasp the fact that he has been dropped from Eastbourne, This was due to a stupid make mistake by the club to fit BWD in who has probably droped less points then Breanan would have scored in each meeting upto day racing to an 11 point Average.

To say after Danny has broken is neck quote "I said ages ago that when the Eagles had a choice of who to drop, it should have been Warwick." is way out of order as he only dropped one point in his first 2 rides of the league before he got hurt, Danny was in the wrong place wrong time, and all you can think about is BDJ and a team place while Danny is in Hospital, How sick is that.

I think Penny its time you let it go and now Eastbourne have moved on and are going to use Bates shows that even if Brendan was avalible "which he is not" they would never let him in the team for how rude he was towards them and the public, as a BDJ fan you should have known that, I think along with all the others on this forum it is a positive move and i am happy that Eastbourne have found a replacement and i hope that Danny will be back soon.

Penny you are starting to be like an old penny just turn up with bad lucky maybe your in the pocket of BDJ, lets hope not for his sake.

Take a chill pill and stop being such a drama queen.

I sincerely hope Danny makes a full recovery. I do not like to see any rider, whatever their ability, injured.

I know all 3 riders personally, and financially helped them in the past,so feel I can and will comment when I want to. Not when you or anyone else tells me to.

You approve of anything the Dugard's do. Fair enough that's your choice.My opinion differs, that's my choice.

I will continue to post comments as and when I want to. Im not going away. If you don't like my posts, please feel free to use the 'ignore' tab available to all users of this website.

Personally I can't see Danny being fit for some time and akso look at this (I know it's only been 2 meetings and first 4 rides) - not sure if you count r/r in this league towards avg.

David 11, 5 - 8

Richard 9, 4 - 6.

Marc 4

Brad 12, 11 - 11.5

Kelsey 5 5 - 5

Georgie 9, 0 - 4.5

So really their points limit is: -3 as it's currently at 39 (with Marc on 4!) If you were too add Danny 7 then on paper you've won the match if everyone his their avg.

You've calculated them wrong and use the wrong numbers anyway. Current averages after 2 of 4 meetings look like this:

Mason 12 from 5, 7 from 5 = 19 from 10 = 7.60

Andrews 9 from 4, 4 from 5 = 13 from 9 = 5.77

Owen 4 from 2 gives him an 8.00 average but he won't have completed 4 meetings when the others do anyway so will stay on 6.11

Wilson-Dean 15 from 5, 13 from 6 = 28 from 11 = 10.18

Wood 11 from 6, 1 from 5 = 12 from 11 = 4.36

Dugard 8 from 5, 5 from 3 = 13 from 8 = 6.50

Obviously this is going to change in the next 2 meetings but that gives you a team total of 46.79

Edited by Islander15
  • Like 2

Big mistake.

Eagles will suffer.

Johnson would have been a far better bet.

Brendan rides for Rye House so how could he be signed by Eastbourne?

Or are you suggesting Brendan than would have been a far better better bet than Bradley Wilson-Dean?

Although we didn't win we kept it much closer than at EL level. The team have a bit more knowledge of the track now which could lead to a win over Birmingham whenever we go back to race them!

Thats my worry, we got you guys in the cup on the 20th May. :(

• Like 2

Or are you suggesting Brendan than would have been a far better better bet than Bradley Wilson-Dean?

That isn't what Penny's saying! Can we stop this BWD vs BDJ argument now?? Edited by Islander15

I have NEVER said that for one moment. Please don't put words into my mouth.

Brendan is only temporary cover at Rye, so could easily have been signed. Maybe Eagles did or didn't ask, I don't know.

Eagles have made their choice. Good luck to them.

Take a chill pill and stop being such a drama queen.

I sincerely hope Danny makes a full recovery. I do not like to see any rider, whatever their ability, injured.

I know all 3 riders personally, and financially helped them in the past,so feel I can and will comment when I want to. Not when you or anyone else tells me to.

You approve of anything the Dugard's do. Fair enough that's your choice.My opinion differs, that's my choice.

I will continue to post comments as and when I want to. Im not going away. If you don't like my posts, please feel free to use the 'ignore' tab available to all users of this website.

I will have to call you Penny Johnson or PJ for short,

We all have our own comments and some are good and some are not worth the effort to reply, In your case PJ its time to put the record straight.

The Dugards are trying to make speedway ago at Eastbourne like Len Silver has at Kent, it has never worked for Bob Dugard for 20 years and lost money. I am guessing why MD & CD have broken away from what is classed as the Norm. BDJ has moved on away from the and Eagles which we will keep an eye on him to see if he is as good as BWD.

I guess when you want to help a speedway club and you say you have financially helped riders you should stand up and see the other side of the fence and if you look at what Eastbourne are doing this year they have now put another team together rather than R/R.

PJ I understand your love for BDJ as the Eastbourne Fans have for speedway at Eastbourne but without a Club there be another 7 speedway riders without a job. PJ open your eyes and smell the coffee it’s not all about BDJ as it takes 7 riders to make a team,

I tell you what i will be quite happy to meet you at Eastbourne and have a pint with you and treat you to speedway for a day. Let’s see what your made off Penny. M Ceglio turned up and we sorted out our differnces. Maybe you might want to put some money into Danny go fund me page? Show your support.

Islander, what you've written about the averages is way off. That's not how it works at all. 👍

Islander am i right in thinking that its every point scored including R/R and tactical rides count but not bonus points lets say “18 points” then divide it by the rides “7” then times by 4 = average

Points ÷ Rides x 4= (18÷7 x 4 = 10.28)

Edited by catinthehat

Islander am i right in thinking that its every point scored including R/R and tactical rides count but not bonus points lets say “18 points” then divide it by the rides “7” then times by 4 = average

Points ÷ Rides x 4= (18÷7 x 4 = 10.28)

For average calculation, tactical rides count as normal 3,2,1 points, not 6,4,2.

• Like 1

Thats my worry, we got you guys in the cup on the 20th May. :(

I think Dugard will do better next time also Wood will at least finish a race and score some points, but dont think that Owen will do as good a job as Richens so its going to be close, Andrews will do better so maybe we be stronger and get a few extra points and Mason will move off the line but it will another good meeting but we did have a lot of luck according to the updates.

Edited by catinthehat