British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Eastbourne 2015

Thanks greyhoundp i will have to have a lay down with all this info being new to trying to help and see whats best for the club and see if there is anything i can put to them for help (not that i have any chance of them looking) but maybe they might? the Carr kid how good will he be and where in the UK does he live ( Mildlands ) as the travel cost is going to mount up if he is a long long long distance away?

well he be a lot more then Mason lol who is less then 10 miles from the Club lol.

Thanks greyhoundp i will have to have a lay down with all this info being new to trying to help and see whats best for the club and see if there is anything i can put to them for help (not that i have any chance of them looking) but maybe they might? the Carr kid how good will he be and where in the UK does he live ( Mildlands ) as the travel cost is going to mount up if he is a long long long distance away?

well he be a lot more then Mason lol who is less then 10 miles from the Club lol.

I think Carr's 18. Definitely a very good prospect and in his first season he joined Stoke in about August and averaged 3.61. In his second season he thought he was joining Stoke again but that fell through and meant he started the season without a team and joined Buxton in about May and averaged 6.76. Last year was his first from the start and averaged 8.00 for Buxton whilst riding for Berwick in the Premier League too! But he had a very serious crash at Sheffield in about August that was expected to keep him out for at least a year so he's progressed well. He's based near Berwick, I think it's Tweedmouth.

• Like 1

he almost lives as far away as BWD and Richard Andrews :rofl:

both those riders have proved their worth! - what about mason though - i recall seeign him arrive the latest out of the whole team and lives 4 mile away :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::party::party::party::party:

both those riders have proved their worth! - what about mason though - i recall seeign him arrive the latest out of the whole team and lives 4 mile away :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::party::party::party::party:

Could that not simply be a case of him not needing to allow as much time for error in his journey?

Seriously, I don't quite get the Mason bashing. They guy obviously has some sort of health issue and I am sure if it is on going something will be done. When he rode he did a good job for us and I am sure he is invaluable in the pits..

• Like 3

Could that not simply be a case of him not needing to allow as much time for error in his journey?

Seriously, I don't quite get the Mason bashing. They guy obviously has some sort of health issue and I am sure if it is on going something will be done. When he rode he did a good job for us and I am sure he is invaluable in the pits..

Proved his value in the pits against King's Lynn. Calm head when the adrenaline was pumping

From club website:

AVERAGES Home / Away

Bradley Wilson-Dean 10.18 10.18

Kelsey Dugard 8.00 6.50

Marc Owen 8.00 8.00

David Mason 8.00 7.60

Danny Warwick 8.00 6.67

Richard Andrews 7.56 5.78

Georgie Wood 5.45 4.36

Edited by jubileeclip

Just heard on the speedway jungle drums, that perks is on his way home, Scunthorpe have dropped him means he can ride at Buxton at the weekend but the other problem being the weather is not very good to Cradley have made sure that he stays till he gets an average which would be after Buxton if not its another 2 Weeks later, the poor kid seems to be at his end and it looks like he is being held here until he meets Cradley criteria, also means that because he is not going to ride they can replace him with like for like just over a 6 point average? rules and regs, but Cradley are playing the rule book to there advantage, Maybe its all pie in the Sky but the drums are banging hard this morning. #rulebending.

Edited by catinthehat

Shame if he is on his way home (even with the strops and ego) too much pressure too young? Heck of a lot of hype last year (eclipsed by that of BWD this year) but one has people around him to keep him grounded and one doesn't.

Just heard on the speedway jungle drums, that perks is on his way home, Scunthorpe have dropped him means he can ride at Buxton at the weekend but the other problem being the weather is not very good to Cradley have made sure that he stays till he gets an average which would be after Buxton if not its another 2 Weeks later, the poor kid seems to be at his end and it looks like he is being held here until he meets Cradley criteria, also means that because he is not going to ride they can replace him with like for like just over a 6 point average? rules and regs, but Cradley are playing the rule book to there advantage, Maybe its all pie in the Sky but the drums are banging hard this morning. #rulebending.

Rule bending? Speedway?

I can't believe such a thing :)

seeing him turn left on georgie i think was the point at which i said i couldnt watch him and i was waiting to her an annoucenment that georgie had killed perks lol

Looks like perks is not even at Buxton now ?

Cradley Heathens 1. Max Clegg 2. Arron Mogridge 3. Matt Williamson 4. Luke Harris TBC 5. Nathan Greaves R/R 6. Michael Neale 7. Tyler Govier Team Manager Will Pottinger ?

so does that mean in a year if he was to come to the Uk he comes in on a 3 points but if he is on a 6 points plus would be a big gamble, BWD was a 5 pointer and people said that was a going to be big boots to fill.

Well maybe its all speculation and its not what i thought, lets see how it all happens, good luck to the young man as he seems to be a nice guy when ever i talked to him at Kent last year.

Scunthorpe Fluid Air Power Ltd Scorpions

1 Josh Auty 8.09 (capt)
2 R/R (David Howe injured) 7.41
3 Nike Lunna 5.00
4 Carl Wilkinson 5.64
5 Theo Pijper 7.45
6 Ellis perks (guest if not fit) If he is not fit how can he ride for Cradley ?
7 Alex Davies 4.17
Team Manager Dave Peet

Ok islander how does this work out whats the rules on Perks can he just leave the PL and take on the NL unless he has been dropped by scunthopre as its would be unfair on Buxton and Kent and kings lynn who will struggle this year? or will it be a 28 day ban? so many rules.

Edited by catinthehat

Shame if he is on his way home (even with the strops and ego) too much pressure too young? Heck of a lot of hype last year (eclipsed by that of BWD this year) but one has people around him to keep him grounded and one doesn't.

Are you saying Perks has his family here with him or are you saying BWD is a stand alone but sill doing well?