British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Eastbourne 2015

So far a big track rider who will be all at sea round a sharp track and an injury prone second string, at the same time the ideal no1 who rides the track well has signed for brum :shock:

Commiserations Eagles fans.

What's wrong?

Don't you like BJ?

• Like 1

So far a big track rider who will be all at sea round a sharp track and an injury prone second string, at the same time the ideal no1 who rides the track well has signed for brum :shock:

One life threatening injury in 2009, yes really injury prone eh !!!!

• Like 2

Looks like danny warwick will be our no.1 I think, which imo is now a huge risk, thought might of been a risk if not at no.1. Suprised theyve not confirmed kelsey yet ? Thought he would of been first name on the sheet

Looks to me, that they may be going down the only 2 X 3 pointers route.

Personally i think Luke Chessell would be a half decent signing appeared to make some significant progress in the 2nd half of last season, even held the Bronze Helmet having won it up at Stoke, and he is on a decent average which he will certainly improve on. Its never easy to find the balance between finding your own youngsters and having a competitive Team.

Marc owen confirmed for the Eagles

Do you mean the Isle of Wight Eagles ;) ;)

Edited by Islander15

What's wrong?

Don't you like BJ?

How long has he been around now? 7 or 8 seasons of NL racing and still only has a 6 point NL average. There just nothing there and for me he's proof if ever it exists that some clubs just sign 7 rider who fit into a point limit, not 7 riders will will improve and win you things.

How long has he been around now? 7 or 8 seasons of NL racing and still only has a 6 point NL average. There just nothing there and for me he's proof if ever it exists that some clubs just sign 7 rider who fit into a point limit, not 7 riders will will improve and win you things.

I know what point you're making but BDJ is a unique example. He had a very serious injury and to be blunt is lucky to be alive after it. So his development, in points scoring ability, has been stunted but he showed before that at Smallbrook that he has potential which is why he's ridden in the PL. Mildenhall got a bit of that as he was on a false average next year but if he's settled I'm sure he will improve his average a little bit, even if there's nothing significant. However the biggest thing with Brendan is he's very likeable! If you want a rider that the fans can relate to then you pick him and I think with being a new NL team you need someone to become a fans favourite as there no-one already there!

• Like 2

I know what point you're making but BDJ is a unique example. He had a very serious injury and to be blunt is lucky to be alive after it. So his development, in points scoring ability, has been stunted but he showed before that at Smallbrook that he has potential which is why he's ridden in the PL. Mildenhall got a bit of that as he was on a false average next year but if he's settled I'm sure he will improve his average a little bit, even if there's nothing significant. However the biggest thing with Brendan is he's very likeable! If you want a rider that the fans can relate to then you pick him and I think with being a new NL team you need someone to become a fans favourite as there no-one already there!

He's also ridden for ten different teams and been dropped from most of them (or is it 'all'?) I thought Martin Dugard would be a good development manager, bringing on good young prospects.

He's also ridden for ten different teams and been dropped from most of them (or is it 'all'?) I thought Martin Dugard would be a good development manager, bringing on good young prospects.

He wasn't dropped last season... One rider doesn't make a team. You put Brendan alongside 'good young prospects' and you'll win the league. You put Brendan in a poor team and at least the fans will endear themselves to Brendan!