British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
barrow boy

British Fast Track Reserves

In principle this idea was to be applauded but as we now know in practice it has not really worked . If it is to be continued in 2015 I would like to see that only one such rider per team be allowed who must always be made available to his team whenever his Premier or National League team are in action on the same day.

I think it has been a great success and a winter re-draw to even things up, is all that's needed.

If say Swindon want to keep Worrall and say Poole want to keep Newman etc then such riders should no longer be on the FTR list so they must be part of their hopefully 1 to 6 next season.

In principle this idea was to be applauded but as we now know in practice it has not really worked . If it is to be continued in 2015 I would like to see that only one such rider per team be allowed who must always be made available to his team whenever his Premier or National League team are in action on the same day.

I take it you mean the Elite League team has the priority?

I take it you mean the Elite League team has the priority?

Yes because it is important for the FTRs to be involved at the very top as often as possible if they are to progress as intended.

Yes because it is important for the FTRs to be involved at the very top as often as possible if they are to progress as intended.

But is much easier for the EL team to replace a missing rider than for the PL/NL team.

Poole would have little difficulty finding a guest to match Benji Compton's scoring power, but it would be more awkward for Kent to replace a him as a missing heat leader.

Agree that there should only be one FT - Also the points limit should be raised to accomodate a better quality of rider otherwise we will still have sub standard 6 & 7 in comparison to the top 5 main body riders.

I'd say the top 5 Fast Track riders based on their average (guessing Kerr, Garrity, Newman, Worral and Blackbird) should all have to move up to 2 or 4 in the team

the likes of Adam Ellis, Lewis Rose etc should be given another season at reserve, and if they finish 2015 as one of the top 5, then the same rules apply

Whats the point of fast tracking somebody when there is no team place at the end of it

Only my opinion

I'd say the top 5 Fast Track riders based on their average (guessing Kerr, Garrity, Newman, Worral and Blackbird) should all have to move up to 2 or 4 in the team

the likes of Adam Ellis, Lewis Rose etc should be given another season at reserve, and if they finish 2015 as one of the top 5, then the same rules apply

Whats the point of fast tracking somebody when there is no team place at the end of it

Only my opinion

I have to agree. The name of the game is progression...progressing young British talent through the ranks to improve the stock of British riders. One gets nowhere by standing still!.

I know they were protected all year but has anyone actually calculated their averages ?

E.L. top? top of what? It's crap.

• Like 1