British Speedway Forum
Ommer Mon

Coventry V Cradley Nl Koc Sf 26/9/14

Also left out the fact that James Serjeant was dragged backwards off his bike which was still running by a Cradley rider which caused the bike to lurch out of control collecting the unfortunate mechanic J S did not run over him as stated The referee was Jim Lawrence who had control of the meeting as far as I could see which were confirmed IMO by the two red light restarts of the ht before everything kicked off after the race had finished

Edited by FTM
  • Like 1

Biased or what, it was a few Wolves fans in the Crowd who were booing him.

I have received texts from cradley fans saying that cradley fans were booing greaves. Whilst I accept there is many guilty parties in this i can't believe people are condoning greaves for his actions. I have seen both storm and cradley fans say both teams should be kicked out of the cup. I am unsure on that tbf but each rider should be punished for their own individual actions.

Jim Lawrence the ref lost all control over the start and tempers were clearly becoming frayed. Lawrence could and should have prevented the situation by taking firmer and more decisive action before the start of the race.

Once the race was underway Nathan was excluded for unfair riding and the red lights were put on and then a series of thoroughly unpleasant events took place which no doubt the Police who arrived at the scene will be investigating.

Not nice to watch.

• Like 4

I say again the referee was at fault the race should not have started and whoever the referee deemed responsible on the gate should have been disqualified (to use the modern name) excluded . No argument Mr referee that race with two young men with dangerous machines in their hands should NOT have been racing against each other, at least he should have put he red light on AND delayed starting the race, sorry Mr Lawrence you have to examine your decision to start the race when the problem on the starting gate was not sorted!

Edited by abbo
  • Like 3

Sarjeant's unacceptable behaviour has been tolerated for too long. He went to attack in the pits a Kent reserve who had the affrontry to beat him in a meeting at Central Park It was swept(sorry for the sweeping allusion!) under the carpet then, but last night shows it's not right to turn a blind eye to such behaviour as it's bound to rear up again.

• Like 1

And as'usual' we all get tarred by the same brush.Get a life and change the record

Not tarring everyone with the same brush but there is a small minority at Cradley who like to cause trouble at away meetings. It's happened at several tracks now either causing trouble directly or goading riders into doing stuff.

"Goading riders into doing stuff" ? it's not the school playground

If you want to silence the braying fans , try ignoring them and getting on with your job.

• Like 2

Biased or what, it was a few Wolves fans in the Crowd who were booing him.

Not where we were sat it wasn't.

The whole thing was filmed and passed on to the police. Nathan Greaves dad is being investigated for the assault of the mechanic. Nathan has now deleted his post as it can be used in evidence as he earlier denied his dad did it then wrote he did it in defence, however the video will show different.

How Chris Strong is okay after his assault tonight. Terrible thing to happen :(

• Like 1

"Goading riders into doing stuff" ? it's not the school playground

If you want to silence the braying fans , try ignoring them and getting on with your job.

these little boys are only just out off the playground. Embarrassing, depressing and pathetic. Massive bans until they all grow up.

• Like 1

Based on what I saw there will be plenty of evidence for the Police to press charges. I think there are a few who may not be sleeping too well whilst waiting for an invitation to assist the Police with their enquiries.

I also hope that Jim Lawrence (the ref) is suitably punished as I am convinced none of this would have happened had he exercised due care and control.

• Like 3

Too much testosterone there last night for me, but a good Cabaret act to make the evening entertaining.

But the facts are clear and I was there, what you had is a little young villain Greaves that was acting above his station, and trying it on with Sergeant at the start line. Trying to score points overhim ready for monday.

Irrespective about the start if it was the big boys its a racing incident.

But when the ref makes a decision to exclude a rider for dangerous riding in a race lap 3, there is obviously some thing wrong.

What the Serg did was also wrong but that was pure frustration on his behalf, yes there was the stand off and a punch thrown by Greaves (wrong), then the bike being kicked over (wrong0 but the guy getting run over was an accident, Serg was riding a bike back to the Pits (no Brakes it say on the adverts)and there is a mechanic in front of him running down the ramp. Not rocket science over he went.

Was he a mechanic or a hanger on, Had he signed his release to be in the pits and why was he on the track area. ( all questions that need answering).

Who ever grabbed Sergent off his bike when it was moving was wrong and should be punished big time, some one got hurt from this.

The incident with the crowd was all wrong and Grieves should go out of the meeting no iff's ands buts.

The fans Crowd are the people that pay the wages, no fans no meeting, He was out of order and nothing other than an immediate ban for the Cradley rider, and yes I mean Swindon on monday.

Mick Horton has a responsibility to look after the supporters in every way and for a rider to jump the fence and go into the crowd is dangerous and threatening and should not be tolerated at all. So sorry he has to go away and get his head out of his back end, learn that some things you cant do in life.

Serg is not an innocent party but that should be to the BSPA to judge.

It would be worth finding out how many in the pits were working mechanics and how many were hangers on, and who had signed the disclaimers.

Good news this morning is that greenwood has no breaks in his leg. Still needs 2 weeks bed rest due to the ligament damage so season over i expect.

• Like 7