British Speedway Forum
Ommer Mon

Coventry V Cradley Nl Koc Sf 26/9/14

Meeting wad abandoned due to the 10.30 curfew. Cant believe we are all still on about the incident.

if it were one of your precious "heathen" riders or mechanics knocked unconscious and hospitalised it would be talked about for years

as you do with the roynan/Nielsen incident. And the curfew WAS due to "the incident" caused by greaves jnr & snr. Hope they get the

OMMERING they deserve.

• Like 2

Meeting wad abandoned due to the 10.30 curfew. Cant believe we are all still on about the incident.

This is not just going to go away.Please don't give anybody the ammo to shoot at us, they are all out to get us.

Bring it on. ommering we deserve, haha. It was still abandoned due to the curfew thou. To me let the bspa sort it and face whatever happens then.

Can I ask why Phillips has been summoned? What his part?

From what I saw I assume the charge will be assault.

Edited by WembleyLion

From what I saw I assume the charge will be assault.

Blimey did he get involved as well? Or was that a separate incident?

Edited by TMW

Blimey did he get involved as well? Or was that a separate incident?

He was one of the ones who tried to drag Sarjeant off the bike which made him lose control of it.

He was one of the ones who tried to drag Sarjeant off the bike which made him lose control of it.

Oh ok !

SPEEDWAY STATEMENT Coventry & Cradley

Tuesday October 07, 2014

THE Speedway Control Bureau has issued a statement following an investigation into an incident at the Coventry v Cradley National League KO Cup tie on Friday September 26.

As follows:

National League: COVENTRY v CRADLEY

Friday 26th September 2014

The Speedway Control Bureau held a Disciplinary Hearing (SCB Court) today at the offices of the Auto Cycle Union in Rugby in respect of charges of Ungentlemanly Conduct during the above Meeting against James Sarjeant, Nathan Greaves & Danny Phillips.

Under the Chairmanship of Tony Gillias, the SCB Court that included Alex Harkess & Gary Thompson having viewed the video evidence and heard mitigating statements from those riders made its finding

known to each Riders following a full review in camera.

All 3 Riders were found guilty of the charges and the penalties were advised as follows:

James SARJEANT: 12 months Suspension, that itself is suspended for 12 months plus a £100 Fine and Costs.

Nathan GREAVES: 12 months Suspension, that itself is suspended for 24 months plus a £250 Fine and Costs.

Danny PHILLIPS: 12 months Suspension, that itself is suspended for 24 months plus a £250 Fine and Costs.

The SCB Members stressed the importance to each Rider of the need for them to learn from this unfortunate incident and wished them good success in the future.

Each Rider is entitled to lodge an Appeal to the ACU should they wish to do so in accordance with The 2014 Speedway Regulations.

Well, as much as we like to criticise the SCB/BSPA, I think they have got this spot on. Fined around a meetings worth of wages, and big bans suspended. They will all learn, they will behave themselves and everyone can move on from it.

• Like 6

Basically a smack on the wrist

• Like 1

Now let's move on. The SCB have IMO got it right, let's hope the 3 lads have learnt from it and can ALL go in to bigger and better things. All clearly very talented.

Edited by SCB

Think you might want to edit your post SCB - 'traditionalists' may not approve!

Brilliant typo!

• Like 2