British Speedway Forum
lewy

Plymouth 2015

Sam chapman is not a current pl rider so thier is not a case to be answered imo

Sam chapman is not a current pl rider so thier is not a case to be answered imo

He will be at the start of the season though. Well, I'll rephrase that, Plymouth were hoping he was going to be.

Out of curiosity why hasn't Ben Morley had more of a chance at PL level? Seems to have been around for ages but never had a decent run in the Premier

I'd have taken him in a heartbeat over Chapman as I think the lad deserves a chance at PL level where as Chapman needs another season at NL level regardless of whether he is or isn't allowed to double up!

• Like 1

He's not Australian

Lol could be Id rather have had him than Nielsen at Newcastle tbh... Think there is more improvement in him. Plus we have a decent track record of 3.00 pointers the last few seasons

I'd have taken him in a heartbeat over Chapman as I think the lad deserves a chance at PL level where as Chapman needs another season at NL level regardless of whether he is or isn't allowed to double up!

Has Chapman officially been announced though? When you see riders like Edberg, Dilger & Nielsen, Konopka etc get team places its a joke when people like Morley can't

• Like 3

Lol could be Id rather have had him than Nielsen at Newcastle tbh... Think there is more improvement in him. Plus we have a decent track record of 3.00 pointers the last few seasons

Has Chapman officially been announced though? When you see riders like Edberg, Dilger & Nielsen, Konopka etc get team places its a joke when people like Morley can't

Spot on Mikey. I'm fed up of seeing these third rate foreign riders given a go when young lads like Ben Morley are overlooked. Pretty decent NL record last year, surely worth a go at reserve somewhere?

What did Nielsen average last year, under 4? Any improvement in him?

Edited by Shads
  • Like 5

Spot on Mikey. I'm fed up of seeing these third rate foreign riders given a go when young lads like Ben Morley are overlooked. Pretty decent NL record last year, surely worth a go at reserve somewhere?

3.36 he starts on but how many years has he ridden over here he must've been here a while now & hardly improved. He might reach a 4 if he has a good year lol

• Like 1

He's not Australian

Very true Shads, if he was he would in a PL by now.

I agree Mike, very bad decision.

All the spotlight is on the Australians coming over, they should be looking at other riders that come over, and do nothing, just take places that young British lads could take, riders like Nielson and Dilger will always be PL reserves, they should be looking at riders like them to, I don't disagree with them saying that they are taking jobs that British lads could take, but there are other riders from other Countrys doing the same thing, whats the difference what Country they are from, if that's the policy they are taking, some of the riders I have listed, are just taking in my opinion, places that British riders could do, and not be any worse.

Alex Edberg 3.85.

Victor Palovaara 3.00.

Max Dilger 3.04.

Rafal Konopka 3.00.

And even Jan Gravensen 4.14, who does well at reserve, but cant hack when he has to go into the main body of the team.

Edited by Devildodger

The start of the season is 15th March unless Easter falls in March, in which case it is the 8th.

The SCB Regs definition of Age is "The minimum age is the date when that age is reached, whereas the maximum age limit is as at 1st January that year". On re-reading 19.9.2.2, I believe "start of the season" is only intended to apply to the 4 pt PL average and not the age.

I think you are right :approve:

Not that it helps !!

The only logical reasons for not going for Morley (unless it's money) must be either that he doesn't want to come to Plymouth, which I'd be shocked at. Or Uncle Len doesn't want him signing for another PL club in case he decides to use him at Rye if thinks go Pete Tong!

Either way if Morley wasn't considered by Plymouth then the promotion have had a mare!

• Like 1

The rest of the premier league havent gone for morley either are they all having a mare!

Very true Shads, if he was he would in a PL by now.

I agree Mike, very bad decision.

All the spotlight is on the Australians coming over, they should be looking at other riders that come over, and do nothing, just take places that young British lads could take, riders like Nielson and Dilger will always be PL reserves, they should be looking at riders like them to, I don't disagree with them saying that they are taking jobs that British lads could take, but there are other riders from other Countrys doing the same thing, whats the difference what Country they are from, if that's the policy they are taking, some of the riders I have listed, are just taking in my opinion, places that British riders could do, and not be any worse.

Alex Edberg 3.85.

Victor Palovaara 3.00.

Max Dilger 3.04.

Rafal Konopka 3.00.

And even Jan Gravensen 4.14, who does well at reserve, but cant hack when he has to go into the main body of the team.

The riders that you have named are EU riders and as such do not require a visa unlike our common wealth brothers in Australia & New Zealand

Edited by starshooter

Sam Chapman doesnt have a PL average and so all the discussion about NL and age is a waste of finger poking

It has nothing to do with whether he has a PL average or not. The rule about age is just that: a rule about age, regardless of whether averages fit or not.

• Like 1

The riders that you have named are EU riders and as such do not require a visa unlike our common wealth brothers in Australia & New Zealand

Having a visa wasn't my point in the post, I know the riders mentioned are EU riders, having a visa has nothing to do with any rider from Europe or Australia & New Zealand coming over and riding for clubs, when young British lads can do the job that they are doing, and maybe better, riders I mentioned I feel have had there chance, its about time clubs looked nearer home, and gave some of are British lads a go.

• Like 1

The rest of the premier league havent gone for morley either are they all having a mare!

Whilst he may not of been first choice for many, he would still score a lot more than Chapman would - who we are led to believe is an illegal signing anyway.

• Like 1