British Speedway Forum
lewy

Plymouth 2015

Rusty Harrison doesn't have a visa. So I was right. :rofl:

What about Campton and Poole? Ohhh....

What about Campton and Poole? Ohhh....

Not quite sure what you trying to get at here, Campton and Poole had visa's, then along with all the other Aussie riders and where the licenses were revoked and clubs had to re-apply.

In Sheffield case Poole's was refuse Sheffield have accept that and now looking at a replacement for his team spot.

Not quite sure what you trying to get at here, Campton and Poole had visa's, then along with all the other Aussie riders and where the licenses were revoked and clubs had to re-apply.

In Sheffield case Poole's was refuse Sheffield have accept that and now looking at a replacement for his team spot.

The point he's making is that I (along with najjer) said they wouldn't get visas - and they haven't. So sometimes at least we DO know more than the promoters who lewy is telling us we should trust.

The point he's making is that I (along with najjer) said they wouldn't get visas - and they haven't. So sometimes at least we DO know more than the promoters who lewy is telling us we should trust.

No i,m not i,m saying you dont know rules or the criteria for obtaining a visa read the post and digest its content dont make it up like najjer does!

No i,m not i,m saying you dont know rules or the criteria for obtaining a visa read the post and digest its content dont make it up like najjer does!

Again, another post and statement made without anything to back up your claim. We'll have to start calling you Starman before too long. Just because you say so, or the promoter says so, we have to believe you with no explanation as to why.

Exactly.

Najjer could you post or provide a link to the criteria for obtaining a visa to ride speedway in Britain for 2015 so we can share your knowledge

• Like 1

Najjer could you post or provide a link to the criteria for obtaining a visa to ride speedway in Britain for 2015 so we can share your knowledge

I can post a link to the previous criteria which has stood since at least 2009 - which as I've said all along Jack Holder and others don't qualify under that criteria.

So, I've answered your question, how about you answering mine - how does Jack Holder qualify for a work permit now, when he failed previously?

2009 hmmm only 6years old I would imagine this has been updated if anyone knows what the present up to date criteria is ?

I can post a link to the previous criteria which has stood since at least 2009 - which as I've said all along Jack Holder and others don't qualify under that criteria.

So, I've answered your question, how about you answering mine - how does Jack Holder qualify for a work permit now, when he failed previously?

Jack was 13 then there must be s updated version since then!

Rusty Harrison doesn't have a visa. So I was right. :rofl:

Great to see your not confused on that one, anymore gems you can enlighten us on :icon_smile_clown:

With respect to whether or not a facility may be acvailable for Fisher, the following quote from Plymouth Devils forum may be relevant:

16.5.2 For an absent Rider with (a) an assessed MA, or (B) has been approved in a team’s declared line-up at the start of the season, a 28-day Facility may be granted at MC’s discretion.
16.5.2.2 If the absent Rider has an assessed MA and is a PL#1 (by MA) only RR facility is allowed.

I assume that this may be the facility to which the team manager refers?

Waits for a proper battering in short order ...

Where's the link then, you say he failed before, when did he apply before for a work permit, or are you saying he didn't qualify before, i'm just asking Najjer, just wondering why Somerset were interested in him, if like you say he didn't qualify for a work visa to come to this. Country

Edited by Devildodger

People can quote all the 'rules' they like, but at the end of the day it will be 'at the BSPA MC's discretion'!!!

• Like 1

People can quote all the 'rules' they like, but at the end of the day it will be 'at the BSPA MC's discretion'!!!

Absolutely. The point I'm trying to make is that the mention of a facility was greeted with derision from many contributors. I was merely speculating that the idea of a facility arose from the rules I've quoted.

The fact is that the rules are a minefield. By attempting to make them watertight the powers that be have made them full of holes and open to even more interpretation.

We have only just witnessed a load MORE rules about restarts and gardening etc when the rules were already there and only had to be applied. Why add more?

No doubt the Devils promotion will be in the fullness of time be appraised by the BSPA of any transgression(s) of the rules - after all, the BSPA are the experts.

EX - as in 'has been'

SPURTS - as in 'drips under pressure'

Edited by ancient mariner

Unless they've changed the rules Jack doesnt qualify. If they've changed the rules to add the phrase "within the last 2 years" then he does as I think he finished in the top 4 of a state championship in 2014. I understand Alex Davies qualifies because his average was achieved within the last 2 years.

Edited by Pirate Nick
  • Like 1

Where's the link then, you say he failed before, when did he apply before for a work permit, or are you saying he didn't qualify before, i'm just asking Najjer, just wondering why Somerset were interested in him, if like you say he didn't qualify for a work visa to come to this. Country

Because his state championship fell after somerset previously signed him - at which point he then failed to get in the top 4.

With respect to whether or not a facility may be acvailable for Fisher, the following quote from Plymouth Devils forum may be relevant:

16.5.2 For an absent Rider with (a) an assessed MA, or (B) has been approved in a teams declared line-up at the start of the season, a 28-day Facility may be granted at MCs discretion.

16.5.2.2 If the absent Rider has an assessed MA and is a PL#1 (by MA) only RR facility is allowed.

I assume that this may be the facility to which the team manager refers?

Waits for a proper battering in short order ...

So, another rule which Plymouth don't understand and think they can use a guest when it says only rider replacement can be used? :rolleyes: