British Speedway Forum
lewy

Plymouth 2015

Wd used the nice big loan fee we got for razmus but we had to wait for the cheque to clear :-)

One big difference we changed a rider that dropped his average by 2 the rebs dropped lanham and he upped his by 2!

You clearly don't understand how the averages work, what's coming up, average wise, is as important, if not more important than the present at times, which, looking at this switch, is something the Devils management obviously understand, even if you don't :lol:

Certainly a sign of intent and cant blame the Devils for making such a move. Its the first time they have been anywhere close to a play off spot.

As Lewy said you cant compare this with certain win at all costs signings.

After all Wright was significantly underperforming expectations and of course had been plucked from retirement.

It will be tight but I expect the Devils to overhaul my own Witches

Who said I blamed them, just pointing out Lewy's 'Double Standards' attitude.

Also the fact that James Wright would have been dropping to reserve, with Todd Kurtz going the other way had nothing to do with the fact the Devils made the switch, did it !!

Edited by womble53

But Big Kurtz was always coming out of being a reserve at 01/09?

But Big Kurtz was always coming out of being a reserve at 01/09?

Exactly my point

Poor decision to drop Wright.

Simota has had all season and ridden worse than Wright for most of it.

Only now as reserve has he managed to up his average, still below his starting average.

Given that Wright only came in a month ago, its to be expected hed struggle a bit. As a reserve, I would have expected him to get amongst the points.

So much for our Promoters claim that theres too many foreigners, and Brits are not given enough chances!

• Like 1

Only now as reserve has he managed to up his average, still below his starting average.

Given that Wright only came in a month ago, its to be expected hed struggle a bit. As a reserve, I would have expected him to get amongst the points.

So much for our Promoters claim that theres too many foreigners, and Brits are not given enough chances!

Where and when did they claim that? I would like to read it,thanks in anticipation.

Aha.... Plymouth looking the team to beat, on the cusp of the play offs for the first time in their Pl history, all of the team firing and looking terrific........... Then Penny cross appears with some upbeat, inspirational stuff.....incredible really.....

• Like 1

Plymouth have one aim at the moment : to make the play offs. That means they have to win all their home meetings and pick up 4 points away if they are to overhaul Ipswich.

They can't afford to carry anyone.

Its fair point that Wright is just returning but if he's not scoring the points, he's not scoring the points.

I have seen Wright ride three times for Plymouth, two at home and one away. In both home meetings he was beaten by the away reserves, so there's no guarantee he would consistently start winning races from that position. At Redcar, he never looked liked beating anyone - in fact, he was way behind and his failure to score hit the Devils hard that night.

I think Simota is on borrowed time (however popular he is at SBA) but if it came to a choice between him and Wright, I doubt if there would be many who'd pick Simota to drop.

I'd say that to achieve their aim bringing in Eklof instead looks like a smart piece of business. We'll see.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 2

The way Newcastle rode last night, Wright could easily have scored the same.

Hole. Digging. Stop.

• Like 2

The way Newcastle rode last night, Wright could easily have scored the same.

Would he ?

Rye House - Kennett aside - were pretty poor, too.

The rest of the team all scored at least paid 9 that night.

Wright scored paid 6 - and in three of his races, there were only 3 finishers.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 1

Where and when did they claim that? I would like to read it,thanks in anticipation.

He's living in his own little world lewy

• Like 1

The prick

The reply of someone whose made themselves look like a right tool.

• Like 1