British Speedway Forum
ruffdiamond

Newcastle V Edinburgh Koc Semi-final ?

Looking on the 'Diamonds' website, it say's that this leg will be run on 5th Oct 18.30,,, I've read somewhere before that Edinburgh are at Peterborough a bit earlier at 14.00,,,

After the lastest start time at Glasgow fiasco, could someone of authority please shed some light on this,,, I mean, if it's bad to go to Glasgow and find you've got a 2 hour wait for some action, (a know, that's not usually the case),,, but if your a Monarch's fan and travel to E.O.E.S only to find out that you've gotta drive back upto Newcastle, cos your in the wrong place, that's gotta be even more of a p!sser,,, :-)

Looking on the 'Diamonds' website, it say's that this leg will be run on 5th Oct 18.30,,, I've read somewhere before that Edinburgh are at Peterborough a bit earlier at 14.00,,,

After the lastest start time at Glasgow fiasco, could someone of authority please shed some light on this,,, I mean, if it's bad to go to Glasgow and find you've got a 2 hour wait for some action, (a know, that's not usually the case),,, but if your a Monarch's fan and travel to E.O.E.S only to find out that you've gotta drive back upto Newcastle, cos your in the wrong place, that's gotta be even more of a p!sser,,, :-)

I was told yesterday that our tie with Edinburgh was on Sunday. Now confirmed on the Diamonds website, and it would only be on there by request of the promotion and put on by say Graeme.

I was told yesterday that our tie with Edinburgh was on Sunday. Now confirmed on the Diamonds website, and it would only be on there by request of the promotion and put on by say Graeme.

just been reading about it on another thread,,, still seems a bit wrong to go public with it when on the BSPA site, it's still Peterborough v Edinburgh, or maybe their not open yet, a dunno :-(

the only people who are saying this is on sunday is newcastle all other sites say it's Edinburgh v Peterborough

the only people who are saying this is on sunday is newcastle all other sites say it's Edinburgh v Peterborough

So do you think that Newcastle have announced our meeting without agreeing it with Alex Harkess, Edinburgh promoter and chairman of the BSPA.

So do you think that Newcastle have announced our meeting without agreeing it with Alex Harkess, Edinburgh promoter and chairman of the BSPA.

Just had a quick look at the diamonds site and it says reserved.

It's not on our website afaics...but it's upsetting some folk on another thread

No doubt we have bowed down to that once mighty Elite league team, who want to pick and choose race days to suit...can't have them playing second fiddle can we, not to existing minions up north :)

Do you think the Peterborough promotion announced 15 days ago that Edinburgh were racing at the EOES on Sunday 5th October in the League Cup Final without agreeing it with Alex Harkess, Edinburgh promoter , and chairman of the BSPA?

well,,, as long as I know before I stop drinking on Saturday night/Sunday morning,,, was/am looking forward to a proper hangover, now am just confused,,, anyway, it might be raining ??? :-(

George confirmed on the centre green yesterday it would be Edinburgh away on Friday and at home on the Sunday.

• Like 1

George confirmed on the centre green yesterday it would be Edinburgh away on Friday and at home on the Sunday.

Is there any chance that George may have been confused into thinking that the 12th October was "this" Sunday, just a thought? :D

Yes, agreed and why should Newcastle give up their Sunday to let Peterborough race Edinburgh on an off day!