British Speedway Forum
ruffdiamond

Newcastle V Edinburgh Koc Semi-final ?

If of course George had been on the ball when Panthers said that they wanted more Sunday fixtures or when this fixture was announced then no fans would have been inconvenienced and Newcastle would have had their Sunday fixture. To claim Sunday rights and fan consideration due to incompetence just takes the biscuit!

That's a bit Rich(Tea). Why make protestations earlier, when we didn't even know we stood a chance of getting through to the semi. Now you are talking way out of the loop.

Do try try to keep up with everyone else.

That's a bit Rich(Tea). Why make protestations earlier, when we didn't even know we stood a chance of getting through to the semi. Now you are talking way out of the loop.

Do try try to keep up with everyone else.

No point in moving on if you can't grasp the basic concept that if you had made protestastions at the earliest opportunity then your Sunday wouldn't have been booked in the first place. You could have whined about it not being our race day, or even alternative race day as you have been.

Also putting a spanner in the works of an arranged fixture has been inconsiderate to those fans who were quite happy with the arrangements until George woke up.

So where are we then oh great one? All I know is that you lost but claimed some sort of victory but we ride as we were before on Sunday v Edinburgh.

No point in moving on if you can't grasp the basic concept that if you had made protestastions at the earliest opportunity then your Sunday wouldn't have been booked in the first place. You could have whined about it not being our race day, or even alternative race day as you have been.

Also putting a spanner in the works of an arranged fixture has been inconsiderate to those fans who were quite happy with the arrangements until George woke up.

So where are we then oh great one? All I know is that you lost but claimed some sort of victory but we ride as we were before on Sunday v Edinburgh.

What a load of avoidable bollocks. Why object to the tie till we had an idea, after the first leg, that we might have a good chance of needing that day. You are thinking it would have been a good idea of ring fencing the date, stopping the Panthers and the Monarchs riding on that day, and then we could have got beat by Glasgow and wasted the date. And you call the BSPA for poor planning, you come a poor second to them.

What a load of avoidable bollocks. Why object to the tie till we had an idea, after the first leg, that we might have a good chance of needing that day. You are thinking it would have been a good idea of ring fencing the date, stopping the Panthers and the Monarchs riding on that day, and then we could have got beat by Glasgow and wasted the date. And you call the BSPA for poor planning, you come a poor second to them.

At least I've got a plan, all you've got is an afterthought to bolt the stable door after the horse had bolted, which is more in keeping with the BSPA tbh!

Edited by Crump99

yi forgot about me bud

Your in luck mate as using some of the letters from injured and ex riders rose kerr henry and schramm's kevlars they managed to get your name on yours.. They thought they could only make anker then they realised and turned one of Schramms m's upside down

At least I've got a plan, all you've got is an afterthought to bolt the stable door after the horse had bolted, which is more in keeping with the BSPA tbh!

Bollocks again. You have no plan, whilst George appealed straight away that we would be needing the date. That's planning in anybody but your eyes, and was not an afterthought after the horse had bolted. It was 2 weeks before we anticipated we could well be needing our race day. Funny how both sides are welcoming George's agreement to stand down from the date, because of plans that had been made that would cost others. He was in the right is not disputed but we felt it was in the best interests of Edinburgh, fans especially. BTW cyclone is an Edinburgh fan.

As Arson has said FFS "it's not rocket science surely". but it's beyond you. :D

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 2

I don't understand why you are whingeing now anyway. George has been magnanimous enough to give up that Sunday in favour of yourselves. You should be grateful and happy - not whining and argumentative.

• Like 2

Your in luck mate as using some of the letters from injured and ex riders rose kerr henry and schramm's kevlars they managed to get your name on yours.. They thought they could only make anker then they realised and turned one of Schramms m's upside down

oh I see your thinking bud they@v all rode at num 2 apart from schramm,, as I would be a good number 2 as i'm solid in the middle and a bit soft n claggy on the outside tho mmmm were did them courgettes get to ??????

I would be a good number 2 as i'm solid in the middle and a bit soft n claggy on the outside

Or it could mean your sh It Edited by KEITH M
  • Like 1

I don't understand why you are whingeing now anyway. George has been magnanimous enough to give up that Sunday in favour of yourselves. You should be grateful and happy - not whining and argumentative.

Why are people always whining and argumentative when they can't get a straight answer?

Did George knowingly give up the date before the Peterborough v Edinburgh meeting was even confirmed (in which case that is deserving of thanks) or did he suddendly find out he would like to run v Edinburgh but we'd already got them on that Sunday, buggering up his plans? To create a problem at that point is not worthy of thanks even if there is one of those unwritten BSPA guidelines saying Newcastle could pull rank but for some reason didn't.

I trust that you can understand that although it now matters not as the day is gone!

• Like 1

Why are people always whining and argumentative when they can't get a straight answer?

Did George knowingly give up the date before the Peterborough v Edinburgh meeting was even confirmed (in which case that is deserving of thanks) or did he suddendly find out he would like to run v Edinburgh but we'd already got them on that Sunday, buggering up his plans? To create a problem at that point is not worthy of thanks even if there is one of those unwritten BSPA guidelines saying Newcastle could pull rank but for some reason didn't.

I trust that you can understand that although it now matters not as the day is gone!

No,,, George is the best, end ov !!! ;-)

• Like 1

all in all the panthers should have a bit respect for fellow teams though, either glasgow or newcastle had to ride v edinburgh in the semi final so surely they should have had the courtesy to realise planning a meeting on a sunday was a bit self centred?? Now if the panthers had paid riders earlier in the season and not dreamed up some H&S issues :) then they would have had an extea date to rin on their race night.... Or is the reason simply because they couldnt afford to run a bight time meeting?? Either way a little bit thought for others or even dialouge would go a long way. Edited by Arson fire
  • Like 1

all in all the panthers should have a bit respect for fellow teams though, either glasgow or newcastle had to ride v edinburgh in the semi final so surely they should have had the courtesy to realise planning a meeting on a sunday was a bit self centred?? Now if the panthers had paid riders earlier in the season and not dreamed up some H&S issues :) then they would have had an extea date to rin on their race night.... Or is the reason simply because they couldnt afford to run a bight time meeting?? Either way a little bit thought for others or even dialouge would go a long way.

I think that says it all,,, the fixture was public knowledge for quite some time, it was even talked about on here,,, surely no-one from either Glasgow or Newcastle had objected to it, knowing that one of them would maybe need that day !!!,,, obviously, Glasgow probably did'nt bother cos they knew they would'nt get through,,, but in Newcastle's case, surely some-one should've been aware of it sooner ???,,, that's planning,,,

I can't see why George can get any credit for allowing the Peterborough v Edinburgh match to go ahead, unless he had agreed to it beforehand :-(