British Speedway Forum
jenga

Workington 2015

I am guessing this page was set up for team suggestions for 2015. So therefore here's mine IF the 42.50 team building average remains:-

1. Josh Grajczonek 8.11 - Was quite consistent throughout the season.
  2. Rickey Wells 6.46 - A snip on this average and a 2nd season in Comets colours should pay dividends.
  3. Rusty Harrison 6.50 - Proved this season that he's still exciting to watch around his home track DP.
  4. Richie Worrall 6.50- OR Lewis Blackbird 6.30 - David Bellego 6.06 - Kevin Wolbert 6.19 - Taylor Poole 6.05 - Ashley Birks 5.68.
  5. Kyle Howarth 6.31 - Should be pushing for the No.1 race jacket this year surely.
  6. Mason Campton 4.55 - Should be an absolute bargain on this average for 2015 especially at reserve.
  7. S Lambert/J Jacobs 3.25/4.07 - Either prove worthy of a shout for 2015. After their delayed start as a Comets rider.

I only hope that when the 2015 team is started that certain things are put clearly to the riders as they are paid to entertain the public,a few things i could suggest are

want to race for workington

give 100% every meeting

if they are a asset give a good performance rather than give a good one in the elite then do poor in comets colurs

lets see more team riding and not gate and go

maybe get a better team manager

both me and my daughter went every week until the team started to show in my opinion they did not want the glory as much

• Like 1

Got to agree with scaniaman need a team for next year that want to have ago some of the riders this year not doing that

1-lawson 8.22,2-roynon 4.78,3-josh g 8.11,4-wells 6.46,5-howarth 6.31,6-campton 4.55,7-jacobs 4.07.

Don't mind who Comets bring in next year Mgt are good in my view. Having said that lose Ricky Wells for goodness sake.

Start of season 7.81 now he's 6.46 and he's ridden a lot of the year as second string. It's not like he's seeing tracks for the first time either - so no excuses there. He scores more for Wolves than Comets and has ridden in a World Cup. I've seen him after a lap and a half check he's good where he is and coast in ... if he gates great if he doesn't he might as well pull off the track.

Poor signing and Sheffield fans saw all this last season ... let him go asap. Why reward a guy with another season when he's "blown us out" this year?

Edited by Olga

Firstly fingers crossed everything is fine with us next year, the promotion have had a tough season, no luck at all :neutral: .

I think Steve Whitehead confirmed that the team would be running in 2015 a few weeks back when I was up there but I couldn't swear on it.

They have really tried hard and deserve better. Fingers crossed for next season.

• Like 4

1-lawson 8.22,2-roynon 4.78,3-josh g 8.11,4-wells 6.46,5-howarth 6.31,6-campton 4.55,7-jacobs 4.07.

Good side on paper but Rich won't be a Comet while his Dad is there and I really can't see Kyle coming back, his heart clearly isn't in it for Worky anymore

Coventry's Kyle Howarth looks a really good prospect, we should sign him up for 2015......

Coventry's Kyle Howarth looks a really good prospect, we should sign him up for 2015......

dont you mean WORKINGTONS kyle howart is a good prospect. we should keep him.. kyle is an asset of worky..

dont you mean WORKINGTONS kyle howart is a good prospect. we should keep him.. kyle is an asset of worky..

Woosh! :)

Think it may have been tongue in cheek, never really got going for the Comets this year

• Like 1

Irony is lost on some, I wouldn't have Workington's Kyle back at all, think he doesn't take PL as serious as EL. I would sell him to the highest bidder and use it to buy someone who wants to be a Comet

Good to see Laura declaring we are running next year, never nice having uncertainty hanging over things

• Like 1

so kd can go home and not worry about not seeing speedway at workington in 2015. thats a lot better news than he left us with at the end of hie seasons speechess...

tough season for all at worky this year... but its still there..

• Like 1