British Speedway Forum
g13webb

Posf2 Poole V Kings Lynn

Tonights teams, not in Riding order.

Poole: Troy Batchelor (Guest), Maciej Janowski (Capt),Edward Kennett (Guest), Vaclav Milik, Przemyslaw Pawlicki, Benji Compton, Kyle Newman Team Manager Neil Middleditch

King's Lynn: Kenneth Bjerre, Chris Harris (Guest), Robert Lambert, Niklas Porsing, Rory Schlein (Capt), Jason Garritty (Guest), Simon Lambert Team Manager Rob Lyon

Troy Batchelor, Magic Janowski, Eddie Kennet, Vaclav Milik, Prem Pawlicki, Ben Compton, Kyle Newman.

K.Lynn: K. Bjerre, Chris Harris, Rob Lambert, Nic Porsing, R.Schlein, Jason Garrity, Simon Lambert.

We all understand about guests, but it is sort of crazy that Chris Harris and Jason Garritty are riding for Kings Lynn. They could be helping them to qualify and then get beat by them next week? Just feels strange.

Also if Lynn are knocked out then Harris and especially Garritty get a decent practice in time for next week. Definitely seems strange if you look at it as an outsider.

• Like 2

As they are in the other team in the Final, Harris and Garrity should be banned from guesting. Only in British speedway can this happen. Crazy !

• Like 2

Should be fun all the way for tonight's eagerly anticipated match - speedway's showpiece.

Firstly, instead of sad fans playing a guessing game of what Kelvin and Nigel might repeatedly say (for those trying to stray eyes away from the real problems the sport has), perhaps we could play... well, guessing what riders will actually take to the track. Maybe we should try and choose a name of the next rider, with hours to go, who may pull his arm muscle while be carrying home his shopping, and be ruled out also.

The showpiece of the season, in which several months of huff and puff has gone into it, has fallen apart.

How can anybody take it seriously? That's all I'm asking.

Just pass me that rope...

Edited by moxey63

Rob Lyon has tweeted that both legs have to be run. Not sure how that will work if the hole is still there. Rules seem to allow option of BSPA arranging it at another venue.

So we have a choice if it rains or hole remains:-

A 10 heat farce

A 2nd leg away from qualifying teams track

Or worst case scenario - decided off track.

None of the above is satisfactory or fair to either club or more importantly their fans.

Wow....I cant believe this match tonight could actually be settled by a coin toss if the track is unrideable.

Is there a rule in place to decide? I would guess if common sense was to prevail then the team that finish top go to the final regardless of the first result.

Or by default would it be better to go by the first result as the other team due to the weather couldn't host the leg therefore it goes on therefore resuls stands. Somone is going to be disappointed probably KL.

Poole: Troy Batchelor (Guest), Maciej Janowski (Capt),Edward Kennett (Guest), Vaclav Milik, Przemyslaw Pawlicki, Benji Compton, Kyle Newman Team Manager Neil Middleditch

King's Lynn: Kenneth Bjerre, Chris Harris (Guest), Robert Lambert, Niklas Porsing, Rory Schlein (Capt), Jason Garritty (Guest), Simon Lambert Team Manager Rob Lyon

Troy Batchelor, Magic Janowski, Eddie Kennet, Vaclav Milik, Prem Pawlicki, Ben Compton, Kyle Newman.

K.Lynn: K. Bjerre, Chris Harris, Rob Lambert, Nic Porsing, R.Schlein, Jason Garrity, Simon Lambert.

Is that the official line-ups or what riders have just been drawn from a hat?

As they are in the other team in the Final, Harris and Garrity should be banned from guesting. Only in British speedway can this happen. Crazy !

As long as you ban Troy as well, oh sorry that is different because he is guesting for Poole.

As weather may be the final winner tonight, and the leg might not be run, could we not settle it on a table-top speedway game or even one of the latest computer ones, a bit like Flying Shale?

Is that the official line-ups or what riders have just been drawn from a hat?

It's the line ups on the Poole Website.

I don't think the guest situation is as crazy as many supporters are stating. Guest bookings have been around as long as I have been going to speedway so it is not unusual. It just so happens that both teams contesting this semi-final have had a lot of injuries. You can't compare speedway with other sports as the other sports don't have such a facility. Does seem to be a lot of paranoia around!

Poole should win this at an absolute canter. Rider match ups they are mile ahead.

Batchelor v Bjerre. - Batchelor

Magic v Harris - Magic

Kennett v Lambert - Kennett

Milik v Porsing - Milik

Pawlicki v Schlein - Pawlicki

Newman v Garrity - Newman

Compton v Lambert - Lambert

I make that 6 out of 7 riders are stronger for Poole. If anybody reckons the match ups will be the other way round score wise then i would like to hear it.

Im praying for a miracle because nothing would be better than to see Fords and Middlos faces if they get beat at home here.

My heart is dying to see Lynn win but the head says Poole by 20.

Lets just pray for the good of the sport if they do win that Coventry beat them in the final.

Taken from the EDP website.....

Thats where Buster has been going wrong. He needs to get a van. :D Matty spends all that dosh buying titles, but uses a van on the track. You really couldnt write it.

I don't think the guest situation is as crazy as many supporters are stating. Guest bookings have been around as long as I have been going to speedway so it is not unusual. It just so happens that both teams contesting this semi-final have had a lot of injuries. You can't compare speedway with other sports as the other sports don't have such a facility. Does seem to be a lot of paranoia around!

Guests are the veritable necessary evil - the concern is that the two KL guests are already in the Final, which just doesn't make any sense.

• Like 3