British Speedway Forum
g13webb

Posf2 Poole V Kings Lynn

So what you are saying is , you will accept another point of view as long as its on this page :approve:

At least i`m making an effort, are you?

I had not posted on this forum very much this season, although I read most of the post especially the Poole threads, mostly because of all the crap, bile., vitriol call it what you like. We even had about 100 pages on a meeting that had not been ridden because of the weather.

The Poole supporters as I say have endured this all season. Now a few of us have had enough and started to answer back and put our point of view, the main protagonists don't like it and say oh this is getting out of hand lets be friends. Pity they never thought of that when they were spouting off all summer. It is no wonder a lot of Fans have left this forum.

Lets hope now it will be a friendlier place, but I cant see it lasting too long. Maybe until Matt signs a rider on a bargain average. Prove me wrong.

I had not posted on this forum very much this season, although I read most of the post especially the Poole threads, mostly because of all the crap, bile., vitriol call it what you like. We even had about 100 pages on a meeting that had not been ridden because of the weather.

The Poole supporters as I say have endured this all season. Now a few of us have had enough and started to answer back and put our point of view, the main protagonists don't like it and say oh this is getting out of hand lets be friends. Pity they never thought of that when they were spouting off all summer. It is no wonder a lot of Fans have left this forum.

Lets hope now it will be a friendlier place, but I cant see it lasting too long. Maybe until Matt signs a rider on a bargain average. Prove me wrong.

Likewise, instead of looking for reasons just try and be `nicer`.

No one (not me) is saying `the main protagonists don't like it and say oh this is getting out of hand lets be friends`.

Its come from a comment that asks people to have a bit of respect for each other. One that i think is a valid one.

As has been said before some Poole fans are as bad as the protagonists you say are causing the trouble.

So if BOTH sides can be a bit nicer it should be a win win.

Your comment on `MF signing a rider on a bargain average` is likely to cause some debate.

However my feeling on that are pretty clear - i would lke ALL new foreigners to start on a 6 point average irregardless of who they sign for.

Our league is so weak there is no reason why any young hot shots coming to the EL shouldnt be able to reach a 6 point average.

So you already know my view point on it before it turns into a `anti Poole` debate.

However lets hope that those sort of discussions can take place with a bit more respect for the poster eh?!

• Like 1

No one (not me) is saying `the main protagonists don't like it and say oh this is getting out of hand lets be friends`.

Its come from a comment that asks people to have a bit of respect for each other. One that i think is a valid one.

As has been said before some Poole fans are as bad as the protagonists you say are causing the trouble.

Your comment on `MF signing a rider on a bargain average` is likely to cause some debate.

However my feeling on that are pretty clear - i would lke ALL new foreigners to start on a 6 point average irregardless of who they sign for.

Our league is so weak there is no reason why any young hot shots coming to the EL shouldnt be able to reach a 6 point average.

So you already know my view point on it before it turns into a `anti Poole` debate.

However lets hope that those sort of discussions can take place with a bit more respect for the poster eh?!

Well if you're going to be nice Steve then I'll make a damn good effort too. :t:

• Like 1

Well done steve, the tone of this is noticably different already - over to my fellow Poole Pirates supporters to show willing also (you know who you are! :) )

Edited by chris4gillian
  • Like 3

So in case I missed it... Poole fans, was it big and clever of you to cheer loudly when Coventry riders fell on Monday night? Win at all costs?

I thought this was the semi final thread but as has been said it happens at every track, i have heard cheering still happening as the rider is going into the ambulance. It is not malice for the rider it is because your team will gain an advantage because the opposition rider will be excluded.

• Like 1

I'd rather not read Gavan's posts tbh. Although he does the odd good one. But if he had been making the comments you suggest then should be reported surely?

lisa all speedwayfun does is mention me in EVERY post. Go back the last 10 pages of this thread and check. I said he must fancy me a little bit if he keeps writing about me. Can't quite see how that's homophobic. I've said it a thousand times most Poole fans are ok just a shame you have 3 or 4 idiots that spoil it for you

Well done steve, the tone of this is noticably different already - over to my fellow Poole Pirates supporters to show willing also (you know who you are! :) )

as stated we all know which fans you are on about though doubt you will get a response

lisa all speedwayfun does is mention me in EVERY post. Go back the last 10 pages of this thread and check. I said he must fancy me a little bit if he keeps writing about me. Can't quite see how that's homophobic. I've said it a thousand times most Poole fans are ok just a shame you have 3 or 4 idiots that spoil it for you as stated we all know which fans you are on about though doubt you will get a response

Ah ok, that's fair enough! :) I'll take your word for it. Can't be bothered to read ten pages!

I have recently taken a more reserved view of things on here and I fully intend to continue in that vein.

Being a public forum it attracts all sorts of people with all sorts of styles of writing and attitudes and of course having different opinions is only natural and good. However, thinking you have got one over someone at the expense of making yourself look unpleasant and unpopular isn't a clever move by anyone and yes, I'll put my hand up and admit I have been guilty of this to a few people and I now, publicly apologise and hope we move on.

I'll still defend Poole Speedway if I feel the criticism isn't constructive but instead of going for the poster - I'll demonstrate why I think they are wrong in a more constructive manner and like most other people, just ignore any blatant trolling.

You will never get a perfect state of Utopia on any public forum, however, I just hope a couple of others will refrain from blaming other posters......stop the sarcastic wind-ups, baiting and writing flaming rhetoric... otherwise they will start to stand out from the crowd...... Actions speak louder than words and constructive speedway conversations, a bit of banter and friendly wind ups is the way to go and I hope it continues!? :cheers:

Edited by Poole Quay 7
  • Like 2

lisa all speedwayfun does is mention me in EVERY post. Go back the last 10 pages of this thread and check. I said he must fancy me a little bit if he keeps writing about me. Can't quite see how that's homophobic. I've said it a thousand times most Poole fans are ok just a shame you have 3 or 4 idiots that spoil it for you

as stated we all know which fans you are on about though doubt you will get a response

There you go again calling Poole fans idiots. You cant help yourself can you.

Don't you realise that you are a good part or the problem. I hope that was friendly and constructive

Don't you realise that you are a good part or the problem. I hope that was friendly and constructive

ok what word would you use as people who have an agenda? If you can think of a different word to describe them then I can use that next time

ok what word would you use as people who have an agenda? If you can think of a different word to describe them then I can use that next time

You could say people who disagree with you

• Like 2

Other people? Everybody has an opinion, just because they do not agree with you does not mean they are wrong or an idiot.

I have recently taken a more reserved view of things on here and I fully intend to continue in that vein.

Being a public forum it attracts all sorts of people with all sorts of styles of writing and attitudes and of course having different opinions is only natural and good. However, thinking you have got one over someone at the expense of making yourself look unpleasant and unpopular isn't a clever move by anyone and yes, I'll put my hand up and admit I have been guilty of this to a few people and I now, publicly apologise and hope we move on.

I'll still defend Poole Speedway if I feel the criticism isn't constructive but instead of going for the poster - I'll demonstrate why I think they are wrong in a more constructive manner and like most other people, just ignore any blatant trolling.

You will never get a perfect state of Utopia on any public forum, however, I just hope a couple of others will refrain from blaming other posters......stop the sarcastic wind-ups, baiting and writing flaming rhetoric... otherwise they will start to stand out from the crowd...... Actions speak louder than words and constructive speedway conversations, a bit of banter and friendly wind ups is the way to go and I hope it continues!? :cheers:

Time to move on, with a bit more respect for each other for the future.

I reserve the right to keep the multi aliased one on ignore (thats KKS/JJS etc) but for the others time to start paying a little more respect.

Like you point out perfectly best to not go on attack as a first form of reply.

• Like 2

You hit the Nail directly on the head. He doesn't realise he is the problem.Not only is he obsessed with running the club down, he continually picks on the fans who he gets their backs up. But clearly he can't see that, his dam wig is stopping him from seeing that !! :rofl:

He clearly has a big obsession with our club and its fans. You wouldn't know he Alledgedly, supported a PL club by the amount of time he spends on the Poole threads. Perhaps like many on here, he is a secret closet Poole fan.. but doesn't want to let on.. :t:

Time to move on, with a bit more respect for each other for the future.

I reserve the right to keep the multi aliased one on ignore (thats KKS/JJS etc) but for the others time to start paying a little more respect.

Like you point out perfectly best to not go on attack as a first form of reply.

I couldn't agree more. You start, we'l follow..

Edited by Starman2006