British Speedway Forum
g13webb

Posf2 Poole V Kings Lynn

What really makes me the most angry is the lies and taking fans for fools.

Before anyone thinks this is a pop at Poole read on!

We have many folk on here and on social media telling us it's absolutely sheeting down in Poole,we switch on Skysports news oops sorry HQ and there stands Nigel Pearson telling us with a straight face that it's drizzling!

Pearson then goes on Twitter to say the track wasn't flooded when we could all see it was. Yes maybe it could have been cleared but by definition if it was under water it was bloody flooded!

We have also been told that they looked at 4 different forecasts and they were all wrong, strangely the one on the BBC had it spot on and had been saying so all week

So Mr Pearson please don't take us for fools, we have eyes, we have the internet and amazingly enough 99% of us have a brain and know how to use it, so just tell us the truth.

Rant over!

I.M.O. no-one should or can EVER believe much that comes out of his shouty mouth!. Each week on his commentaries he is saying, sorry, shouting, one thing whilst we can see with our own eyes that what he's saying isn't correct, so there's no surprise there about what you say!!

Middlo also says Lynn shouldn't be allowed to use Riders from the other semi as guests. well I actually agree with that but hang on a blooming minute Troy Batchelor rode for Swindon in a semi and ?Middlo is using him. How hypocritical,

He never said that at all ..he said riders that were already in the Final .

• Like 1

Nobody from the final 4 should be able to guest, but given the amount of absences and the fact the other teams have finished, I guess the use of Cov and Swindon riders is a necessary evil.

Given what a farce this whole season has been with a plethora of guests throughout, I suppose it is getting the play-offs it deserves.

• Like 1

So what happens if tomorrow night is cancelled?

Is the first leg of the final at Coventry cancelled and semi re-staged sometime next week or will a decision be made tomorrow night about which team goes through to face Coventry?

Could be two schools of thought, depending on which team you support. Poole finished higher in the league and hold a slender lead. We'd say it was Poole's fault that the initial staging didn't go ahead due to the hole in the track their track staff created, the tie is still in the balance and we have already won at Poole this season.

Sure I remember the Stars having the meeting awarded 75-0 (or equivalent) to visiting team (possibly Eastbourne) back in the 90's when we failed to fulfil a home fixture. While I don't think Poole could do anything about the subsequent rain off's, last Monday's mistake with the track could be costly.

Personally think it should be settled on the track but if Friday and next Monday's Grand Final dates are set in stone, someone is going to have to make a big call if tomorrow night is called off.

Edited by Speedball
  • Like 3

My apologies just retread it and you are correct. I still think it's wrong that anyone in the semis guest for another team.

Gonna watch The Apprentice, now, judging from last night quite a few of them are clever enough to be speedway promoters lol.

• Like 1

Well its been sunny here all week, bit of rain sunday, sunny yesterday n today, ok now dark, but still sunny, and its gunna be sunny tomorrow the next day and everyday cos here we call it sunshine city. You scum bags darn sarf know nowt. over priced beer extortionate house prices and ruddy great holes in ya speedway track.

They play football when its rainin ya know..... ;)

Anyway, im bored of it now, its guna rain tomorrow and everyday down there where you southern muppets are so ya might as well toss that coin. Fat Maude will fiddle the flip though so just let him av it ffs and then we can all live in peace and concentrate and discussing what crap new rules the bspa are guna conjour up in november! Yeahhhh, youd all forgotten about that hadnt ya, and just when ya thought things couldnt get any worse

So what happens if tomorrow night is cancelled?

Is the first leg of the final at Coventry cancelled and semi re-staged sometime next week or will a decision be made tomorrow night about which team goes through to face Coventry?

Could be two schools of thought, depending on which team you support. Poole finished higher in the league and hold a slender lead. We'd say it was Poole's fault that the initial staging didn't go ahead due to the hole in the track their track staff created and the tie is still in the balance and we have already won at Poole this season.

Sure I remember the Stars having the meeting awarded 75-0 (or equivalent) to visiting team (possibly Eastbourne) back in the 90's when we failed to fulfil a home fixture. While I don't think Poole could do anything about the subsequent rain off's, last Monday's mistake with the track could be costly.

Personally think it should be settled on the track but if Friday and next Monday's Grand Final dates are set in stone, someone is going to have to make a big call if tomorrow night is called off.

Twas Reading Racers Edited by arnieg
  • Like 1

Was that a match against Reading in 1992 which Buster postponed because Loram & Gustafsson were riding in the world longtrack final instead? Pretty sure the Racers complained and got awarded the points.

• Like 1

What do you mean no plan ? The plan was to re run the meeting at the next date that the teams and stadium owners could agree on .. On those dates it's rained .

What was your Plan ?

What's the plan if it is called off tomorrow?Have they got one,not yet I bet.They are just banking on the weather being ok.They will make something up tomorrow if it is called off.

• Like 1

Nobody from the final 4 should be able to guest, but given the amount of absences and the fact the other teams have finished, I guess the use of Cov and Swindon riders is a necessary evil.

Given what a farce this whole season has been with a plethora of guests throughout, I suppose it is getting the play-offs it deserves.

Would be a good rule . To be fair it's very unlikely of it being able to happen as it has this year . Would be most odd if Harris and Garrity would to win the tie for Kings lynn only to face them in the final the next night .

The biggest laugh is that if Kings Lynn get into the final there guests are likely to be Poole Riders :D

Edited by orion

Twas Reading Racers

Was that a match against Reading in 1992 which Buster postponed because Loram & Gustafsson were riding in the world longtrack final instead? Pretty sure the Racers complained and got awarded the points.

Thanks gents. That's the one

Well its been sunny here all week, bit of rain sunday, sunny yesterday n today, ok now dark, but still sunny, and its gunna be sunny tomorrow the next day and everyday cos here we call it sunshine city. You scum bags darn sarf know nowt. over priced beer extortionate house prices and ruddy great holes in ya speedway track.

They play football when its rainin ya know..... ;)Anyway, im bored of it now, its guna rain tomorrow and everyday down there where you southern muppets are so ya might as well toss that coin. Fat Maude will fiddle the flip though so just let him av it ffs and then we can all live in peace and concentrate and discussing what crap new rules the bspa are guna conjour up in november! Yeahhhh, youd all forgotten about that hadnt ya, and just when ya thought things couldnt get any worse

What a load of c@&p.

And I am not a Poole supporter.

Showing my age, but "John kettley is a weather man " (look on google) is not me - but weather forecast on BBC - and without them we wouldn't have been successful in WW2 - that is the conflict in the early 1940's in Europe involving the Germans for those who ain't savvy enough to understand - for Coventry, is dry after 9.00 am.

Ready and waiting for Poole or Kings Lynn and as for the result, it will be what it will be.

Please please not let us roll over the championship to the first meeting of 2015 !!

BRITISH speedway has become an absolute joke - more and more like wrestling every week.

However can't imagine Bid Daddy or Giant Haystacks (look on google again young-uns !) being in any speedway team 1 to 7.

Disgraceful !

Best month of the summer usually is July - yet Brititsh speedway bends over to the FIM to accommodate speedway World Cup.

This year we lost 2 Elite league riders and 2 lower league ones (GB - and that is all that matters !) yet the sport put on hold for all Elite teams for a 2 week period - how we rueing that right now.

The elite league run-in has lost more than 2 through injuries yet still tries to carry on (except for the guaranteed bad weather this time of year)

Been said many times, but Speedway in Britain needs a real kick up the back side and to run by those who care about the sport - not those who benefit from the money that comes with it - Ford & Horton (not sure if it is Mick or Colin - or are they the same person !) spring to mind.

There are some real "heroes" on this site who could provide opinion / knowledge and understanding as to what is required.

(That counts me out !) in order to keep this fantastic and entertaining (sometimes !) sport going onwards.

Phillip Rising - use you influence and contacts to make something happen.

happy days !

• Like 1