Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
g13webb

Posf2 Poole V Kings Lynn

I'm not convinced of that to be honest. This mess is mainly down to Sky - they wanted play offs - they want it when they want it not when clubs will have their riders etc- then they don't even show one of the semis.

I'm old enough to remember speedway before Sky. We ran till Oct 31, we still can but that doesn't suit Sky. No thought for riders who have ridden all season, fans who travel, Coventry who can't promote the final properly or anyone else. I could go on but I'll jus get more angry. The whole thing is a farce.

The biggest farce is no one knows what wil happen if tonight does not happen cos Sky haven't decreed when they want it !!!

OH has just managed to secure a half day tomorrow so we can go up to Coventry, having booked and cancelled leave for the other occasions Dogs booked in to Doggy hotel again, we're booked in to a hotel again...Will we be cancelling again? I'm worn out with it all to be honest ..Sigh

I'm not convinced of that to be honest. This mess is mainly down to Sky - they wanted play offs - they want it when they want it not when clubs will have their riders etc- then they don't even show one of the semis.

I'm old enough to remember speedway before Sky. We ran till Oct 31, we still can but that doesn't suit Sky. No thought for riders who have ridden all season, fans who travel, Coventry who can't promote the final properly or anyone else. I could go on but I'll jus get more angry. The whole thing is a farce.

The biggest farce is no one knows what wil happen if tonight does not happen cos Sky haven't decreed when they want it !!!

I actually can't disagree with any of that SL. Personally, I'd rather not have Sky's involvement, or have the play offs, but that's what we all have to deal with. I still think the sport needs the Sky money myself though. If it weren't for that, I know what I'd be telling them to do :P

Not necessarily..... there is an Aussie one in October instead so an earlier start will still be required! High time they tried to get the season wrapped up by the end of September.

Now I did know about the SGP in Melbourne :lol:

OH has just managed to secure a half day tomorrow so we can go up to Coventry, having booked and cancelled leave for the other occasions Dogs booked in to Doggy hotel again, we're booked in to a hotel again...Will we be cancelling again? I'm worn out with it all to be honest ..Sigh

Me too, hope it's not cancelled although no guarantee we will win anyway. Weather today has been much better just hope it doesn't rain again until late evening.

Me too, hope it's not cancelled although no guarantee we will win anyway. Weather today has been much better just hope it doesn't rain again until late evening.

Have you escaped the heavy showers, we've had some?

I just hope that if the track is not fit for RACING tonight the riders stick together and refuse to ride.

Despite all the problems a rain off will cause, the most important consideration is riders safety, I for one will not criticise any rider that won't ride. Hopefully none will be pressurised.

• Like 3

Hopefully, this will be settled 'on track' but with 7 of the 14 riders being 'guests' it is hardly a ringing endorsement for speedway in general.

• Like 5

Hopefully, this will be settled 'on track' but with 7 of the 14 riders being 'guests' it is hardly a ringing endorsement for speedway in general.

I don't see how the sport can be criticised for the guest situation. Both Poole & KL have suffered terrible injuries to riders this season.

• Like 1

Have you escaped the heavy showers, we've had some?

No that's what i mean't by hoping it doesn't rain again but showers are forecast for later.

Back in the days when Poole were a poor side in the 80's October was full of challenge fixtures to pad the season out. If you were fortunate to have a good team the league cup & KOC were raced then.

hope the weather stays away as I might get to only my second fixture of the season :-D

Well Danny King and Robson are guesting, Robson has had some good meetings at Poole so maybe a good replacement, King won't score as many as Milik but i just hope it is on.

Is it happenin then? Whats the word down there? Sunny? Rainin? Its lovely here in sunshine city. Dont know what all the fuss is about tbh! I reckon ya all in on it with fiddlin ford, all in the mix together with ya lies n ya cheatin! Come on, tell the truth, its not rained has it? Hahaha

Cant believe you lot dont win it every season with all the cheatin you and meddlin maude do.

I loved that season when coventry and super bomber turned you over! Poor fat maude didnt like that did he

It's been raining a little in Poole today but its also getting very dark clouds all around !

Wouldn't think the track had dried out too much but we can but hope !!

They should just ride each other home and away once, It works in Sweden and Poland etc. Far too many meetings in the Elite League.

• Like 3