British Speedway Forum
g13webb

Posf2 Poole V Kings Lynn

Well Danny King and Robson are guesting, Robson has had some good meetings at Poole so maybe a good replacement, King won't score as many as Milik but i just hope it is on.

Everytime there is a change to the line-ups it's better for Lynn and not good for Poole according to you.So going on your reckoning Lynn should hit 55 tonight :D

They should just ride each other home and away once, It works in Sweden and Poland etc. Far too many meetings in the Elite League.

Very true! less is more!

Going to speedway should be a treat, not a force of habit.

S1. There is as many meetings if not more in pl even a crazy bit where they picked 2 teams to meet a second time.

I don't see how the sport can be criticised for the guest situation. Both Poole & KL have suffered terrible injuries to riders this season.

Well if there was a squad system there'd be no guests - so yes, the powers that be can certainly be criticised.

• Like 1

Everytime there is a change to the line-ups it's better for Lynn and not good for Poole according to you.So going on your reckoning Lynn should hit 55 tonight :D

Taking after Scottyfan a bit!!

We still should win but the changes don't help, having guests is never ideal but it is part of speedway, Janowski rode pretty well in the GP but Harris is a worry, the conditions will suit him and he flies round Wimborne Road.

according to the latest met office report not due to rain again until 9 so hopefully!

Edited by foreverblue

Yes. going to speedway should be a treat (wish I could treat myself more), but meaningless Challenges with nothing at stake just to pad out the season diminishes the pleasure. I may be completely wrong here but I believe most fans would rather watch say 24 meetings, where all had something at stake, than 30 meetings of which 6 were season-fillers. As a teenager in the 60's I would travel to Custom House in the pouring rain for a league or cup meeting, even though it looked likely to be called off, but if it was a challenge against a team that had already visited 3 times that season I would think long and hard before deciding to go. Does (did) that make me less of a fan?.

I think they may just get away with it regarding the weather. Only real worry is the massive storm shower to the North of Poole around 7pm.

Can't see it being a pretty meeting though, could easily be a HT 10 job.

Some on here would still want track covers put down......

They are proven at saving meetings.

Cannot remember the last time you had a sensible debate. As i said, get lost.

Such is the height of its debating skills. Arrogant.

Last strike for getting this meeting on.

Surely if Poole cant get it on it should be awarded 75-0 to the Stars.

Edited by stevebrum
  • Like 1

They are proven at saving meetings.

Such is the height of its debating skills. Arrogant.

Last strike for getting this meeting on.

Surely if Poole cant get it on it should be awarded 75-0 to the Stars.

Its a good job you have no say in it whatsoever.

Its a good job you have no say in it whatsoever.

I don't have a say, i have an opinion.

Move along.

Move along.

Move along.

you do not tell me what and what not to do. I will say what I want.

You have your opinion but like me you have no power at all thank goodness. So if you want to move on do so.

you do not tell me what and what not to do. I will say what I want.

You have your opinion but like me you have no power at all thank goodness. So if you want to move on do so.

Likewise don't tell me what is my opinion or not.

Had already moved so i`m assuming its the end of it.

I think they may just get away with it regarding the weather. Only real worry is the massive storm shower to the North of Poole around 7pm.

Can't see it being a pretty meeting though, could easily be a HT 10 job.

That will surely depend on who is leading after heat 10. :wink:

• Like 5

Taking after Scottyfan a bit!!

We still should win but the changes don't help, having guests is never ideal but it is part of speedway, Janowski rode pretty well in the GP but Harris is a worry, the conditions will suit him and he flies round Wimborne Road.

according to the latest met office report not due to rain again until 9 so hopefully!

that should get us to heat 10 at least.....

(Orr maybe not depending on the score at the end of heat nine obviously)....!!!?