British Speedway Forum

Well having just heard both sides on radio Suffolk, Phil Hilton came out of that exchange in a far better light, in my opinion.

Regarding Hawkins, good riddance and a shame he didn't bugger off earlier!! Good team man my arse.

Personally saw it the other way.. Hawkins did his inteview 1st and then it was played to Hilton who could prepare his come backs.

No need for Hilton to say anything apart from " Sorry to see him go" but instead went on a bit of a rant!

Looks to me as though Ipswich Speedway treat their riders like their fans!

Well having just heard both sides on radio Suffolk, Phil Hilton came out of that exchange in a far better light, in my opinion.

Regarding Hawkins, good riddance and a shame he didn't bugger off earlier!! Good team man my arse.

100% agree and shame on you Hawkins. Feeling very sorry for Phil Hilton at the moment, the poor sod has been on a hiding to nothing from the very first day it seems! :nono:

Agreed. Would also be nice if the promotion came out and backed the manager here and showed him a bit of support.

Stick at it Phil!

• Like 1

You can't just leave it there! What was said?

Ritchie basically said he been struggling since early season crash, then bike issues, loves the club but under current setup the team will win nothing!

Hilton then responsed by saying that Ritchie refused to ride in heat 5 on thursday as rr. Stormed off and called him some nasty names!

Personally saw it the other way.. Hawkins did his inteview 1st and then it was played to Hilton who could prepare his come backs.

No need for Hilton to say anything apart from " Sorry to see him go" but instead went on a bit of a rant!

Looks to me as though Ipswich Speedway treat their riders like their fans!

Nah not for me. What was he supposed to do? You could tell he was upset by the criticism and was defending himself. You say Hilton should have just left it to "sorry to see him go" but why should he? He's a right to defend himself.

I'd say there was absolutely no need for Hawkins to bring the manager in to it in the first place! He's obviously spat the dummy after being taken out of rides this season and should have taken it on the chin and handled it better.

No need to publically have a pop at the manager for doing so.

Opinions and all that obviously.

• Like 2

Ritchie basically said he been struggling since early season crash, then bike issues, loves the club but under current setup the team will win nothing!

Hilton then responsed by saying that Ritchie refused to ride in heat 5 on thursday as rr. Stormed off and called him some nasty names!

Thank you. :)

So Ritchie said nothing we didn't already know and Phil trying to make Ritchie the bad guy! Hmm.

Nah not for me. What was he supposed to do? You could tell he was upset by the criticism and was defending himself. You say Hilton should have just left it to "sorry to see him go" but why should he? He's a right to defend himself.

I'd say there was absolutely no need for Hawkins to bring the manager in to it in the first place! He's obviously spat the dummy after being taken out of rides this season and should have taken it on the chin and handled it better.

No need to publically have a pop at the manager for doing so.

Opinions and all that obviously.

But Ritchie didnt have a pop at the manager, said they get on away from the track but at a meeting is another matter and dont see eye to eye. What about the times that Hawkins was riding better than others but wasn't put in, Newcastle away heat 14?

So Ritchie said nothing we didn't already know and Phil trying to make Ritchie the bad guy! Hmm.

London Witch

That is completely unfair........Ritchie refused to ride in a race on Thursday....So on one hand he is saying the Manager has no confidence and takes him out of rides and then we hear he refuses to ride a race when given it.........and that's the managers fault.......Think he has let the team down

:blink: Deary me!!!

But Ritchie didnt have a pop at the manager, said they get on away from the track but at a meeting is another matter and dont see eye to eye. What about the times that Hawkins was riding better than others but wasn't put in, Newcastle away heat 14?

Newcastle away where Stef dived under Christian Henry for 3rd and won us a point.....that one you mean ?????

Damn , I completely forgot about it , will also have to wait for iPlayer or something , if anyone finds a repeat somewhere please let us know where it is ?

We'll agree to disagree.

Newcastle away where Stef dived under Christian Henry for 3rd and won us a point.....that one you mean ?????

But Hawkins had paid 7 before then, Nielsen 1....

We'll agree to disagree.

Like i said no need for anyone at the club to say anything...just thanks and move on

But Hawkins had paid 7 before then, Nielsen 1....

Like i said no need for anyone at the club to say anything...just thanks and move on

Well yes exactly and that should have been the case. But Hawkins has decided not to do that, and the manager quite rightly, has decided to give his side and defend himself.

London Witch

That is completely unfair........Ritchie refused to ride in a race on Thursday....So on one hand he is saying the Manager has no confidence and takes him out of rides and then we hear he refuses to ride a race when given it.........and that's the managers fault.......Think he has let the team down

Why did he refuse to race? Was he not given the opportunity on the radio to explain this? Something doesn't seem right here, this isn't the Ritchie who was awarded the most improved rider at last years awards.

Why did he refuse to race? Was he not given the opportunity on the radio to explain this? Something doesn't seem right here, this isn't the Ritchie who was awarded the most improved rider at last years awards.

Both were pre recorded interviews, Hawkins was played first, then Hilton was able to respond to what was said. So Hawkins wasn't given the chance to...