Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Who is right who is wrong will we know probably not but it's the same in any job. If your deemed to not be doing your job/work to the standard which your management wants of course there are going to be repercussions it's the same in any line of work . If I spent the next so many weeks not reaching a standard which my manager wanted they there would be a case that my manager would dispense with my services. It happens all the time in any line of work , yes the person may feel a little a grieved by their mangers actions and say a few words but it's there managers choice . Changes are made new staff hired and work continues but if it continues to happen and results are still bad then it will be the turn of the management to maybe come under action against them . Hawkins has gone his results for this season were poor by his standard and the management has acted for the so called good of the team time to stop all this who is right and who is wrong and back the team . Welcome Ashley Morris good luck for the rest of the season. Only time will tell if the management has made the correct choice

Ipswich management didn't act. Hawkins quit.

Quit or was asked given the choice ?

Who is right who is wrong will we know probably not but it's the same in any job. If your deemed to not be doing your job/work to the standard which your management wants of course there are going to be repercussions it's the same in any line of work . If I spent the next so many weeks not reaching a standard which my manager wanted they there would be a case that my manager would dispense with my services. It happens all the time in any line of work , yes the person may feel a little a grieved by their mangers actions and say a few words but it's there managers choice . Changes are made new staff hired and work continues but if it continues to happen and results are still bad then it will be the turn of the management to maybe come under action against them . Hawkins has gone his results for this season were poor by his standard and the management has acted for the so called good of the team time to stop all this who is right and who is wrong and back the team . Welcome Ashley Morris good luck for the rest of the season. Only time will tell if the management has made the correct choice

It's pretty easy for me, Hawkins was wrong. We all know his season got off to the worst start possible and from then on it's just not happened for him.

All he had to say was that he was struggling and no longer enjoying it so he needs a break. That's all he needed to say then none of this debating would be necessary.

He may well have had issues with Hilton, but that should have been kept in house and he was out of order to publically criticise the fella and tell all and sundry that we won't be successful purely because of his management style.

Unnecessary.

That's my last word on the subject so I'll bow out of this one now!

Welcome to Ashley Morris good luck lad.

Ipswich management didn't act. Hawkins quit.

Quit or was asked given the choice ?

Don't think we'll know the answer to this one. From reading the article it came to a head at Glasgow and the decision was "mutual".

Neither Richie or Hilton come out of this with much credit imo. Petty squabbling on local radio is not clever, and it aint funny...

Neither Richie or Hilton come out of this with much credit imo. Petty squabbling on local radio is not clever, and it aint funny...

I personally thought Hilton did come out with credit. I didn't hear any petty squabbling from his side, I thought he was pretty calm and collected although obviously hurt by what Hawkins had to say.

He even praised Hawkins for helping the team and changing tyres for team mates up at Glasgow.

So, Hawkins is my favourite and I'm biased? Guilty as charged. I've been a fan for years and nothing has changed.

No I didn't hear the interview (any links to it?) but from what I've been told Phil was given the chance to respond to what Ritchie said, but not the other way round.

Finally, believe it or not I've not a problem with Phil. I don't know the bloke. He's made a few dodgy decisions but that doesn't make me dislike him.

Changing the subject, did I read on here somewhere that Heeps was making his comeback next week or did I dream that?

That would be a boost getting him back in the side and back to a seven man team again.

I personally thought Hilton did come out with credit. I didn't hear any petty squabbling from his side, I thought he was pretty calm and collected although obviously hurt by what Hawkins had to say.

He even praised Hawkins for helping the team and changing tyres for team mates up at Glasgow.

Maybe a lot of what Richie said was true. Maybe Hilton was covering his back with a preconceived response. Maybe Fireman and Coppers don't get on. Maybe we will never know....

I have been involved with Speedway for a long time & consider that the teams Chris Louis has put together since their drop back to the premier league have been title favourites year on year. Just why they don't show their promise/potential is a mystery to me as well as Chris Louis & many others I guess!

What's your opinion on it presenter :D

I've posted a link to the interviews, as some had expressed an interest in listening to them (me included, as I missed the original broadcast). Other than that, I would rather not make any comment. Thank you ;)