British Speedway Forum

Worrall yes please

Manzares yes please

Heeps yes if he rides like 2013 and on his current average should improve on that.

Hawkins yeah why not, alays tries his heart out

Ellis yes if he doesn't race for lakeside, which obviously hurts his confidence

Tungate, no because I don't think there is any improvement left

Risager same as tungate, even though he has had his best season for us, I don't see any improvement.

Others to consider

Kyle Newman Steen Jensen Steve Boxall

Danny king

Jason Doyle

Ricky Wells

David Howe

Will add to list when I can think of a few more.

What we definitely need to do is change one of our gaters for an out and out racer to do better at the outside line tracks, someone like ostergaard for example.

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 1

Well. On current averages we will certainly see at least one rider go if not more from this year's team as we are over the 42.5 limit currently in place.

Will have a muse on who I would like around next year and come back later.

I will reserve comment until afer Sonerset and the KOCup final.

Worrall yes please

Manzares yes please

Heeps yes if he rides like 2013 and on his current average should improve on that.

Hawkins yeah why not, always tries his heart out

Ellis yes if he doesn't race for lakeside, which obviously hurts his confidence

Tungate, no because I don't think there is any improvement left

Risager same as tungate, even though he has had his best season for us, I don't see any improvement.

I agree with most of this, however, I think Heeps would benefit from a year away from Foxhall, but he is a proper racer and that is what we need more of.

Also, Hawkins must be the rider of the season and should definatley stay.

Yes heeps could do with a season away, but not on his current average, he should easily put 1.5 points on that next season, then you loan him out for a year. I would imagine you may just see him in an elite league team next season too.

Despite very limited financial clout, I think Ipswich will be under real pressure to be part of the EL bail-out package.

Despite very limited financial clout, I think Ipswich will be under real pressure to be part of the EL bail-out package.

If that's the case, then we need to resist that pressure and stay put. I made no secret of my disappointment at the drop to the PL at the time, and have maintained my desire to see us return, even with the obvious problems in the EL.

But if we won't have the finance to at least be competitive let alone successful, then it would be an absolute disaster.

I still remember vividly the crowd levels towards the end of our last EL season where we were rooted to the bottom.

Any repeat of that would more than likely see us dead and buried as a speedway club.

• Like 4

I think that would be potential suicide if anything remotely like the current EL set up remains.

• Like 2

I think that would be potential suicide if anything remotely like the current EL set up remains.

Agree and to be honest, I want us to try and win a few things especially the title, at PL level before attempting a return.

We've been consistently good since dropping to the PL, but have just fell short each time.

• Like 3

With our lack of top line assets, surely the premier is the place to be, and I think the racing is closer.

It's also nice to be in contention for various silverware, which we won't be in the elite.

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 2

King, Heeps, Manzares, Risager, Worrall, Hawkins, whatevers left.

Would be very strong home and away.

• Like 1

With our lack of top line assets, surely the premier is the place to be, and I think the racing is closer.

It's also nice to be in contention for various silverware, which we won't be in the elite.

Totally agree. I think it needs a change in approach though - the Witches need to find that "killer instinct" that continues to elude them, but somewhere along the line Edinburgh, Scunthorpe & Somerset have found it ...

• Like 1

Nice one Baldy, I knew you couldn't resist starting one. Agree with other posts, but will wait until the BSPA conference before looking at this thread again. Far to many if's but's and maybe's, but as we all know the conference will just try and keep the elite league alive, they won't care about the damage it does to other clubs. The sooner the elite league dies the better for all of us, but while sky are chucking a few quid at it, the rest will have to suffer.

So many simple ways of finding a balance that suits most, but that lot won't find it!!

• Like 3

It will be interesting to find out who this other unknown rider that Chris Louis had a choice between him and Gino at the start of the season.