Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

It will be interesting to find out who this other unknown rider that Chris Louis had a choice between him and Gino at the start of the season.

Wasn't that name outed as the German lad Michael Hartel?

Oh I thought it was max dilger, as he mentioned Ipswich in a press release when he signed for the panthers

• Like 1

I have only recently been aware of this forum, but have been following the witches for a few years now...

I would keep most of the team, apart from Rohan and Adam. Adam hasn't progressed the way I expected, and has now spent 2 full seasons at reserve. at the end of the day he isn't our asset.

Rohan just isn't worth his average IMO. if you include all meetings this year and not just league meetings, he is only just inside the top 20 in the league and actually a fraction below Morten who's average is a full point lower. I can't see him improving, and as others have mentioned, he is a very frustrating rider at times.

Unfortunately if the other 5 riders are being kept, and we bring in an out and out number 1 like Danny King, it would leave us very vulnerable at reserve, and every year we see how important it is to have at least 1 good reserve.

I would much prefer going for a strength in debt team next year. Looking at the averages and assuming the point limit stays at 42,5, and the averages are as the latest averages on the BSPA website we could go with something like this:

1. Morten Risager 7,36

2. Cameron Heeps 5,38

3. Rasmus Jensen 6,14

4. Gino Manzares 6,02

5. Richie Worrall 7,32

6. Ritchie Hawkins 5,27

7. Leigh Lanham 4,96

Total: 42,45

Morten is obviously not an out an out number 1, but he can gate, and when he gates he can beat anyone in the league, and I think we have seen big improvement from him this year in his style and determination when riding.

Cameron is a must on that average. If he can go back to Aus this winter injury free, and get fully fit for next season, i am sure there is much improvement in him.

Rasmus has always been linked with Ipswich, and would make us stronger on the bigger tracks

Gino will be first name on the team sheet next season without a doubt.

Richie have to be nailed on for a team place with that average - could quickly overtake Morten as number 1, and right now he is actually riding as a number 1.

Ritchie has done a great job as captain, and gives a good balance to the team.

Cant see anyone better than Leigh on that average,and only makes it better that he is an asset and a local boy. Alternatively we could bring in a young Aussie or yank on a 5.00 average like Jack Holder, Max Ruml or Arthur Sissis.

I know this team might lack a bit of power top end, but I will be surprised if that top 5 don't score between 40 and 45 points most meetings next year, and surely that will not only be the strongest reserve pairing in the league, but also the most consistent, which is what have been lacking from our young reserves the last couple of years.

We need more racers than that, although there will be worse teams mentioned.

Personally I would start a team with king Worrall Wells heeps and manzares and work from there.

Or king Worrall ostergaard heeps manzares

Edited by Baldyman

So being realistic, how many points lead do we need to take away in the cup? It's a track we are okay at, so I'm thinking about 16 should possibly be enough. Can we get that type of lead is the next question? Mmmmm not sure, but yeah I think we could if we don't throw away stupid points by going through tapes and falling off in points scoring positions, and using the form reserve on the night to good use.

Well , after much pondering I think I might throw my hat into the ring on this one and give an honest opinion on a few of my choices for next season .

Richie Worrall , would definitely have back on his current average and certainly believe he could soon reclaim the no1 race jacket depending on who actually holds it at the start of 2015 .

Gino Manzares , definitely one of the first on the list for my teamsheet , tailed off recently but a good first season and so much potential to improve next year .

Cameron Heeps , spent most of this campaign truly shocking but found some form recently and would certainly be in my team next year with plenty of room for improvement .

Rohan Tungate , not really a no1 in my opinion and difficult to justify a team place on an 8.36 average . Not my choice to keep im afraid .

Morten Risager , another who's tailed off after a generally good season . Think he's just about reached his level and unlikely to improve any more . Not for me next year .

Ritchie Hawkins , a bargain average this year , not sure on 5.27 for next . A decent season for the skipper and probably worth a punt for 2015 as a reserve .

Adam Ellis , nothing against the lad but he came with a racer reputation and hasn't delivered , had 2 seasons to prove himself and failed for me . He wouldn't be on my next Witches teamsheet .

Potential wishes/hopes/possibles ??? of new faces .

Danny King 8.84 , for me a true no1 and yes please .

Baldyman said Ricky Wells 6.46 , a decent shout on that average .

Nico Covatti 4.21 , I would have in my team like a shot on that average !!

Victor Palovaara on a 3 average , worth a punt maybe ?

Will be interesting to see if the promotion has any sneaky signings in the pipeline for next year .

Now the big question is does Chis Louis want to put a trophy winning team together or a team of nearly men ? Depends on his ambition and how much he's prepared to spend on achieving success . Will he have the guts to not resign riders who have no more improvement in them or will he go for the easy options ?

Only time will tell .

What about Robert Lambert? What would his average be? All i do know is, we need to change riders. Teams like Somerset seem to change a rider or 2 every season and still manage to do well. And let's try and get a rider that can goes to those type of tracks and pile in the points.

Someone is definitely losing their team place if the points limit stays the same, so who will it be? I'm just hoping it's not Worrall, the lad is a classy looking rider with much potential and since his drop to 5, we can see what he can really do.

Agree BM - Worrall should be the first name on the teamsheet.

King should be first name on the team sheet for me. If he is interested in another season in the PL, then he should be made a priority IMO.

With the very good relationship that King has with the Ipswich promotion, then it is a realistic option.

Edinburgh have blown away the theory this season that you win nothing with poor reserves.

You can usually carry one poor reserve, but not normally two but Edinburgh have pretty much done that all season long.

Just goes to show that getting a good strong 1-5 is more important than having strong reserve(s) as let's be honest, Edinburgh have dominated the league this year.

I don't give a monkeys if Worrall is signed first second or third, as long as he is signed, big mistake by Louis if he wants to stay and Louis let's him go. King and Worrall would be a great top 2, but I've already mentioned that previously.

• Like 1

Agree Baldy excellent top two and would make us strong in the latter heats.

I say the same at this time every year, I'd also like to see a completely new face, preferably someone young, talented and new to British speedway.

Just like Gino this year.

You can usually carry one poor reserve, but not normally two but Edinburgh have pretty much done that all season long.

But Monarchs started the season with Sedgmen & Worrall at reserve.

And Stevie stayed there till end June I think.

But we have got weaker there month by month since then.

But Monarchs started the season with Sedgmen & Worrall at reserve.

And Stevie stayed there till end June I think.

But we have got weaker there month by month since then.

But carried on winning home and away, so the point still stands.