British Speedway Forum

Starman2006, on 15 Jan 2015 - 2:45 PM, said:

And if you believe all that your dafter than i think.. Im not sticking up for Darcy, if, he did what he did, and it is still very much up for debate when it comes to the creditabilliy of the Equipment used and the person running the test. IMO Darcy has been punished enough, nobody on here except the Poole fans who saw Darcy at our presentation night will know that his face showed enough is enough.

But what i don't agree with, is the amount of people on here who are ready like coiled springs to jump all over him from a very great height should he get a ban. Because reguardless what anyone says, that is what the majority on here are quietly hoping.

Should he get a ban then he gets a ban, simple, but if Darcy is allowed to ride next season whether its just domestic rides for us and go through the GP challenge then i will support Darcy 100 %

But i honestly believe, and hope that this time Darcy has fully learn't his lesson. Because in 10 -15 years time, if Darcy doesn't win at least two Worlds Championships, his "so called friends" will be pissing themselves with laughter saying, remember that Darcy Ward what a C--t he was, ha ha ha. Time Darcy saw the light of day.. Because in 10-15 years time Darcy could be sitting very pretty, while his so called friends squirm in their box room. His choice.

I don't know if this has been asked before but has Darcy get a manager or mentor ? Someone perhaps to point out " that might not be a good idea " type of person . That's what I think he needs .. The world of sport is littered with sad cases of self destruction . I am not a Poole fan but Ward for me is one of the riders of which there are few I would willingly part with my hard earned every week to see . Last chance saloon my be a bit dramatic but for his own sake lets hope he can get his head down & achieve what he should with the great talent he has ...OR just become a bloke who fans remember who had it all & gave nowt ... Its up to him at the end of the day !!

• Like 1

I don't know if this has been asked before but has Darcy get a manager or mentor ? Someone perhaps to point out " that might not be a good idea " type of person . That's what I think he needs .. The world of sport is littered with sad cases of self destruction . I am not a Poole fan but Ward for me is one of the riders of which there are few I would willingly part with my hard earned every week to see . Last chance saloon my be a bit dramatic but for his own sake lets hope he can get his head down & achieve what he should with the great talent he has ...OR just become a bloke who fans remember who had it all & gave nowt ... Its up to him at the end of the day !!

That would be Middlo wouldn't it?

• Like 1

Agree with all that.

But sadly, as pointed out, his mentor seems to be Tim Nice but Dim Middlo. Thats proving to be a disaster. Who was he out with the night he got hit across the head ended up in hospital and weirdly choosing not to report it to the police? Yep, Middlo. Who is it that always comes out with an excuse or justification in the press for his actions? Yep, Middlo.

Said it before that Darcy needs to change the people around him. Enough has been said bout Middlo we all know he just talks rubbish. It's a shame to say it for you decent Poole fans out there but for Darcy the speedway rider perhaps getting away from Poole will do him the world of good. He has things to easy at Poole and while he continually has an atm round his shoulder when he mucks up you have to think he may never learn

And all this time Poole wait and wait to see who to sign. They should do the professional thing and sign the rider who should be the fans hero and who won them the league , not Darcy but Magic. If Darcy does get banned I kind if hope Janowski tells Ford he is to late to sign him

• Like 1

That would be Middlo wouldn't it?

Sorry, but Neil can't be in his pocket or wrap him up in cotton wool 24/7, Darcy has to show responsabillity for his own actions. He's old enough and Ugly enough now.

Why is it assumed Middlo is his mentor, Darcy needs to grow up and look after himself or get a family member to be with him if that s what is required. Crumpy was helping him at one time perhaps he could do it.

And if you believe all that your dafter than i think.. Im not sticking up for Darcy, if, he did what he did, and it is still very much up for debate when it comes to the creditabilliy of the Equipment used and the person running the test. IMO Darcy has been punished enough, nobody on here except the Poole fans who saw Darcy at our presentation night will know that his face showed enough is enough.

But what i don't agree with, is the amount of people on here who are ready like coiled springs to jump all over him from a very great height should he get a ban. Because reguardless what anyone says, that is what the majority on here are quietly hoping.

Should he get a ban then he gets a ban, simple, but if Darcy is allowed to ride next season whether its just domestic rides for us and go through the GP challenge then i will support Darcy 100 %

But i honestly believe, and hope that this time Darcy has fully learn't his lesson. Because in 10 -15 years time, if Darcy doesn't win at least two Worlds Championships, his "so called friends" will be pissing themselves with laughter saying, remember that Darcy Ward what a C--t he was, ha ha ha. Time Darcy saw the light of day.. Because in 10-15 years time Darcy could be sitting very pretty, while his so called friends squirm in their box room. His choice.

I think you are spot on there

Sorry, but Neil can't be in his pocket or wrap him up in cotton wool 24/7, Darcy has to show responsabillity for his own actions. He's old enough and Ugly enough now.

but its ok for Middlo to think and say that the things Darcy has done are fine. Darcy needs to get away from people who see no wrong in him
  • Like 4

but its ok for Middlo to think and say that the things Darcy has done are fine. Darcy needs to get away from people who see no wrong in him

Another spot on post

But what is he supposed to say in the press, Darcys the biggest C--t going He may think that, but He has to be a little diplimatic..

Talking about how Darcy could benefit from a mentor - I remeber when Darcy was getting some advice on his starting technique from three-time World Champion Jason Crump around a couple of years ago, I really hoped he would listen and learn just how much discipline it requires to be a World Champion but unfortunately for him and the world of speedway, he chose another path.

He has the undoubted ability to do it and there is still time for him to get his act together but I still have this nagging doubt the guy was made with a self destruct button within and he keeps pressing the button!

Personally, I wish Jason would become more involved with his speedway career and give him the kick up the jacksy he needs to fulfil his wonderful natural ability on a speedway bike.

It's up to you Darcy which way you take - Chump or Champ?.... I really hope it's Champ.

Edited by Poole Quay 7

Talking about how Darcy could benefit from a mentor - I remeber when Darcy was getting some advice on his starting technique from three-time World Champion Jason Crump around a couple of years ago, I really hoped he would listen and learn just how much discipline it requires to be a World Champion but unfortunately for him and the world of speedway, he chose another path.

He has the undoubted ability to do it and there is still time for him to get his act together but I still have this nagging doubt the guy was made with a self destruct button within and he keeps pressing the button!

Personally, I wish Jason would become more involved with his speedway career and give him the kick up the jacksy he needs to fulfil his wonderful natural ability on a speedway bike.

It's up to you Darcy which way you take - Chump or Champ?

Darcy needs to help himself as ultimately it seems that's the only person who can help him.

Sad old world isn't it, professional motor bike racers shouldn't want to drink alcohol the day before they put their and others lives at risk. They all know the risks involved with any motor sport. enough said.

Im guessing you dont know "Graham Noyce" - 1979 world 500cc motocross champion then!?!

He would regually be the last out of the beer tent the night before a GP - Those who know his background will also know many of the stories linked to the guy!

Sadly he pissed his tallent up the wall - Could have gone on to be one of the greats but it wasnt to be!

Lets hope Ward doesnt go down the same route!

• Like 1

But what is he supposed to say in the press, Darcys the biggest C--t going He may think that, but He has to be a little diplimatic..

two extremes you quote there.

no I wouldn't expect him to call him a c**t that's absurd.

what I would expect Middlo to do is not come up with rubbish like 'its what kids do' or ' he was only a little bit over they should take that into account'

Middlo should say 'Darcy has been a fool and its happened to frequently, as a club we will be there after whatever punishment he gets'

Middlo does himself and Darcy no favours at all.

• Like 1

t

Middlo should say 'Darcy has been a fool and its happened to frequently, as a club we will be there after whatever punishment he gets'

He does, clearly you've not read all the Daily Echo reports...