British Speedway Forum

Not at all mate, clearly nobody on here reads our local paper..

Ok. So you're saying he says one thing in the local paper and another to Paul Burbidge in the Star. And its not as though the Echo isn't on line.

I think Poole just look after business and won't say anything to upset Ward, they will only support - as he would be expecting support and if its not received he will jump ship, there will be no loyalty.

a year ago Dana White UFC president banned an athlete for use of canabis, fined him etc. then their prize asset to sells at lot of Pay Per View tested positive for coke, and Dana now says he needs help, needs rehab, they will stand by him....

Just the way it works

Ok. So you're saying he says one thing in the local paper and another to Paul Burbidge in the Star. And its not as though the Echo isn't on line.

Well have a look then, but im saying the same as Skidder. It doesn't matter what Neil says, you lot on here will find a way to pick holes and twist it.

Well have a look then, but im saying the same as Skidder. It doesn't matter what Neil says, you lot on here will find a way to pick holes and twist it.

Then he should keep his mouth shut :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Then he should keep his mouth shut :rolleyes:

And thats the best you can do. Neil is entitled to freedom of speech, and it won't matter what he says. As i said..

Well he has said - amongst other things - the following.

"I don't know the readings on the machine and I don't know the severity of what he did"

" If Darcy is banned, he has a very good chance to appeal it"

"The number of appeals Darcy could make is huge"

"He deserves to be punished"

" I don't think they should punish the kid anymore"

" Darcy knows he did wrong and has been punished"

" They've ruined two years of his career"

Very little of which is helpful imo

No need to pick holes or twist it. The quotes above are from just the last couple of weeks. One he says he doesn't know the severity of what he did, one he says he needs to be punished, and so on until we get to the ridiculous claim that "they've ruined 2 years of his career"

I do agree with what you said yesterday that Middlo is hardly likely to go public and call Darcy a dosy c***, but given the stuff that he has actually come out with I think he would have been better advised to be "no comment" until the FIM give their verdict.

• Like 3

Dont get involved with starman salty. You are up against the forum clown and cant win.

According to Starman , the speedway star print lies and fabrication.

Salty, how dare you criticise Middlo. If you want to know the real truth go buy the Poole echo.

Now i must go and write to the speedway star and tell them not to write things Middlo says as its just not fair

• Like 2

Good reading the Star on all things Poole. Whole article of Middlo talking about some guy who can throw a few nails into a board. Must be loads happening down Wimborne Way. The amazing thing is Phil chooses to print such stuff.

And thats the best you can do. Neil is entitled to freedom of speech, and it won't matter what he says. As i said..

Then if he opens his mouth he has to expect people to disagree (although he seems to do a good job of that all by himself). He isn't God you know (sorry I forgot he is to you)

• Like 1

Dont get involved with starman salty. You are up against the forum clown and cant win.

Salty, how dare you criticise Middlo. If you want to know the real truth go buy the Poole echo.

Now i must go and write to the speedway star and tell them not to write things Middlo says as its just not fair

No bother arguing with Starry. I work with kids with severe learning difficulties - so it's a bit like a busman's holiday. (only joking Starry)

• Like 5

I never knew you was on Eastenders tonight !! :rofl:

No bother arguing with Starry. I work with kids with severe learning difficulties - so it's a bit like a busman's holiday. (only joking Starry)

One of the best come backs ive seen on here in a while! :D

Good reading the Star on all things Poole. Whole article of Middlo talking about some guy who can throw a few nails into a board. Must be loads happening down Wimborne Way. The amazing thing is Phil chooses to print such stuff.

Nothing wrong with mentioning a Poole fan - especially a new World Champion, Scott Mitchell, on mainstream TV that got the Pirates and speedway mentioned in commentary and the Pirates' logo on his left arm in direct camera view..

I'm sure if he had any other speedway club's emblem on his shirt, then that club would try to make the most of it!!

• Like 3

Nothing wrong with mentioning a Poole fan - especially a new World Champion, Scott Mitchell, on mainstream TV that got the Pirates and speedway mentioned in commentary and the Pirates' logo on his left arm in direct camera view..

I'm sure if he had any other speedway club's emblem on his shirt, then that club would try to make the most of it!!

Brilliant isn't it. Poole highlight that one of their regular fans has been crowned World Champ, and was on major TV, and someone takes the piss. FFS. Next thing they'll be moaning about Promotions not promoting.

• Like 7

In fairness it's great for Poole and promotes them and the sport, just a shame he only won the 'Premier League' World Championship rather than the real one where the standard is 10-20% higher?
But I think Poole are right to seize every opportunity to promote themselves and speedway, I know I would if I were a Promoter!

Edited by 65Sarge
  • Like 5