British Speedway Forum

How will the new stadium help with fixture clashes?

It won't obviously. This season is a write off already so all we can do is look forward to next year. You would hope the management will keep in mind the amount of fixture clashes this season when picking next years draft riders and might even sign our number 1 choice as an asset to avoid all this sh1te from this year.

Shall we start a Swindon 2016 thread Coombers? Hate to say it but this season already does have a wooden spoonist feel about it.

Shall we start a Swindon 2016 thread Coombers? Hate to say it but this season already does have a wooden spoonist feel about it.

Haha we might have to! It does have the feel of the 2011 season. That team was rubbishe on paper though and got what it deserved. This year we have just been very unlucky. Killer getting injured summed it all up! We might be ok once we get everyone fit but by that point we will be so far behind the top 4 that it will be impossible to catch up. Just feel sorry for Rosco. Must be a nightmare trying to replace Miezindski long term when we had problems signing a number 1 in the first place. I can't see him coming back.

Don't wish to sound negative, but does anyone know when the building of the new stadium commences? If it is after the speedway season finishes, that gives 5 months in cold wet weather

Belle Vue's stadium is taking over a year, granted they have other facilities to build & I'm not sure if Swindon need as much groundwork. Would love to hear the plans...

Good luck

Don't wish to sound negative, but does anyone know when the building of the new stadium commences? If it is after the speedway season finishes, that gives 5 months in cold wet weather

Belle Vue's stadium is taking over a year, granted they have other facilities to build & I'm not sure if Swindon need as much groundwork. Would love to hear the plans...

Good luck

Should be started in the next few weeks

• Like 1

Should be started in the next few weeks

Brilliant news, thanks A ORLOV

Was worried as down for the Lakeside meeting & no changes

Edited by Falcon Hammer

Just seen Wright is missing for Thursday again. What a sh*t signing he has been. Not his fault at all but these fixture clashes are a joke. It's bad enough with guests needed at 1 and 5 for the next couple of weeks. It's gonna be 1 of them years! Roll on 2016 in the new stadium

Doesnt help the fact Somerset signed him as an asset after we included him as a draft rider....must admit i share your concern and bewilderment ..how is he supposed to settle in the side and get used to the Abbey if he's hardly available?? Even more disconcerting is the fact we have 3 English riders in the side and only one we have preference over....proves we needed to be more pro-active perhaps and made ourselves a handful of English youngsters as assets?

Edited by hagonshocker
  • Like 1

Surely though being able to use Newman or Blackbird as guests when Wright is missing will make you stronger based on current form?

I know money is the biggest issue but Swindon didn't react to make Steve Worrall(last season) or Charles assetts when that should've been the way to go.

Surely though being able to use Newman or Blackbird as guests when Wright is missing will make you stronger based on current form?

Not really the point though is it?...they arent always going to be available and in any case Wright has the ability to be one of the better draft riders if given the chance although have to admit his current PL form is a little up and down

Doesnt help the fact Somerset signed him as an asset after we included him as a draft rider....must admit i share your concern and bewilderment ..how is he supposed to settle in the side and get used to the Abbey if he's hardly available?? Even more disconcerting is the fact we have 3 English riders in the side and only one we have preference over....proves we needed to be more pro-active perhaps and made ourselves a handful of English youngsters as assets?

Shocker we had the same scenario with Ash Birks, he did well on his travels for us but he often missed meeting's at the Abbey and found it hard to get dialled in there.I like Charles and he will be fine,i think he will score points away he just needs a prolonged run at the Abbey but these fixture clashes are a hinderence.

Does anyone know when the plans displayed a few weeks ago will actually be submitted for planning permission?

Swindon should have a full team this week as Batchelor & Kildemand are both riding in Poland. Batchelor scoring really well.

• Like 4