British Speedway Forum

Good promotion for Coventry visit when we are on Sky £5 entry. If the place is packed for what should be a great meeting this may show other clubs what they need to do when Sky are showing a meeting.

Absolutely - couldn't agree more. Should have been insisted upon when Sky first got involved.

Admin error on Swindon's part apparently.

One assumes they forgot to submit/confirm the redeclaration?! So Doyle must be guesting for AM as there would be accusations of cheating if it were for PK who hasn't ridden a meeting yet!!! :wink::shock:

Absolutely - couldn't agree more. Should have been insisted upon when Sky first got involved.

One assumes they forgot to submit/confirm the redeclaration?! So Doyle must be guesting for AM as there would be accusations of cheating if it were for PK who hasn't ridden a meeting yet!!! :wink::shock:

Yes Doyle guesting for Adrian. He wouldn't be able to guest for Kildemand as his average is too high.

Good promotion for Coventry visit when we are on Sky £5 entry. If the place is packed for what should be a great meeting this may show other clubs what they need to do when Sky are showing a meeting.

Note - It was mentioned at the meeting tonight that this £5 entry is only valid for people buying the tickets in advance of the meeting and that on the night the price would be as normal. This is not made clear in the notification on the web site, so get your tickets in advance or keep an eye on any future notifications.

Note - It was mentioned at the meeting tonight that this £5 entry is only valid for people buying the tickets in advance of the meeting and that on the night the price would be as normal. This is not made clear in the notification on the web site, so get your tickets in advance or keep an eye on any future notifications.

Thanks for the advance notice. I'm hoping to travel to this meeting.

Not such a great plan then. A lot of people wait to see what the weather is like before deciding to go, and this may affect things.

Says on the website: "Tickets can be bought in advance for the meeting from the stadium and in outlets around the Swindon area."

That rules out the Coventry fans then! And possibly me too.

Edited by grachan

Not such a great plan then. A lot of people wait to see what the weather is like before deciding to go, and this may affect things.

Says on the website: "Tickets can be bought in advance for the meeting from the stadium and in outlets around the Swindon area."

That rules out the Coventry fans then! And possibly me too.

I did ask about this last night - they'll also be available online at £5. At a fiver it's worth a punt on the weather in my opinion

I did ask about this last night - they'll also be available online at £5. At a fiver it's worth a punt on the weather in my opinion

Maybe. I don't think it's maximising the potential for getting a big crowd though.

Maybe. I don't think it's maximising the potential for getting a big crowd though.

If it only rules out those that would rather wait to see what the weather is like then maybe it is. Big incentive to buy beforehand and if the tickets are readily available at the next couple of meetings, online and at other outlets then fair play in my opinion. More than what most other Clubs do for a televised meeting.

• Like 2

If it only rules out those that would rather wait to see what the weather is like then maybe it is. Big incentive to buy beforehand and if the tickets are readily available at the next couple of meetings, online and at other outlets then fair play in my opinion. More than what most other Clubs do for a televised meeting.

And it rules out people who migt decide to go on the day, which is normally my own remit.

Ok, maybe I'm saying this stuff because it makes me, personally, less enthusiastic about it. But if it does that with me, then maybe it does that with others too.

What they should do is have someone outside offering £5 tickets to people who are queuing, in case people don't have them. Then you won't get people turning up thinking they are getting in for a fiver and having to pay £17 instead, therefore going home feeling cheated.

Still a good deal though. I'm probably sounding far more negative about it than I should do! Don't want people to think i'm a whinger, because well done to Swindon for trying something!! We often do promotions for Sky matches and I think it's a good thing.

Edited by grachan

If people decide on the day to attend any meeting, then presumably they are prepared to pay the full price!

If people decide on the day to attend any meeting, then presumably they are prepared to pay the full price!

Not sure of your logic here.

• Like 1

Its about wanting to attend or not?

Its like taking a flight or a holiday - you know 100% that there will be people on that flight/holiday that have paid a cheaper or different price. It doesn't stop you going if you really want to.

Its about wanting to attend or not?

Its like taking a flight or a holiday - you know 100% that there will be people on that flight/holiday that have paid a cheaper or different price. It doesn't stop you going if you really want to.

No, but it stops you going on the day if you were thinking of going because it costs a fiver. Which is the point. To maximise the gate.

• Like 1

Thanks for the advance notice. I'm hoping to travel to this meeting.

Will your sister be attending too? ;)